PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:04 pm   
Site Admin

phpBB [video]

FAU Stadium
November 18 (SAT) 7:00 P.M.
TV: Stadium
RADIO: AM 790 THE TICKET
LINE: -14.5 Fla. Atl.

All stories and reports regarding FIU's 2017 game against Fla. Atl. can be posted here. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:38 pm   
Puma

Even if we won last week, I would of picked FAU in this one. They are just dominating their competition and we are not.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:11 am   
Golden Panther

Quote:
“No disrespect to rivalries or whatever, but that’s not our focus,” Kiffin said. “(It’s not about) the Shula Bowl or whatever it is. It’s about today, preparing really well, having a really good week of practice and going to play a team that’s played as well as anybody at times.”

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/college-football/kiffin-florida-atlantic-prep-for-important-shula-bowl-fiu/2NpBwSBpDJPbNSr5B7hwGL/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:16 am   
Golden Panther

Quote:
The FIU Panthers football team has become predictably unpredictable.

FIU (6-3 overall, 4-2 Conference USA) has won three of its past four games. But the underdog prevailed in each of those contests, including Old Dominion (4-6, 1-4), which upset host FIU 37-30 late Saturday night.

“I’m disappointed — we came out flat with not a lot of energy,” FIU coach Butch Davis said after the Panthers’ three-game win streak was snapped. “But I’m proud that we didn’t quit.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/conference-usa/florida-international-university/article184274263.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:10 pm   
Golden Panther

Unfortunately, we're going to lose this game. Can't see how we can win the way FAU is playing right now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:49 pm   
Golden Panther

Yeah, I'll be there but I'm not optimistic at all. Would've been much more optimistic had we not gone full-FIU and pooped the bed against ODU.
That was such an FIU thing to do, losing that game and ruining the chance to play the most meaningful regular season game in program history. Obviously I'm still not over it.
So FIU.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:58 pm   
Golden Panther

Theoretically FIU still has a chance to win C-USA east, but that requires FAU also losing to Charlotte next week.... So yeah, quite unlikely.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:38 pm   
Site Admin

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:40 pm   
Site Admin

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:43 pm   
Cougar

HooterHater wrote:
Yeah, I'll be there but I'm not optimistic at all. Would've been much more optimistic had we not gone full-FIU and pooped the bed against ODU.
That was such an FIU thing to do, losing that game and ruining the chance to play the most meaningful regular season game in program history. Obviously I'm still not over it.
So FIU.

It still matters an 8-4 or 9-3 CUSA team will probably get a better bowl game than a 7-5 or 6-6 team.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:27 pm   
Golden Panther

If we can go 7-5 I'll be happy. I honestly think FAU will be a loss. WKU and UMass can go either way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:48 pm   
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:14 pm   
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:27 pm   
Golden Panther

Food for thought.

FIU's going to be the underdog this week.

FIU's last 3 wins came as the underdog... and it's not like many of us thought FIU could beat Marshall on the road. I sure didn't.

I know FAU's a better team than Marshall... but this is a rivalry game. Kiffin can say whatever he wants. Players on both sides usually get geeked for this game. Records just don't matter that much in this rivalry.

Personally, I'm not nearly as pessimistic as the rest of you. FAU's not THAT much better. If anything, the lack of energy against ODU should help motivate this team a bit.

Some of you say it's so FIU to crap the bed against ODU. It's also FIU to play out of their minds when you least expect it.

I won't be that surprised if we leave Boca with a win. FAU's ripe for some plucking. And the division title is still on the line. Let's make them have to beat Charlotte, $$$$ it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:29 pm   
Golden Panther

Clawing Cancer wrote:
Food for thought.

FIU's going to be the underdog this week.

FIU's last 3 wins came as the underdog... and it's not like many of us thought FIU could beat Marshall on the road. I sure didn't.

I know FAU's a better team than Marshall... but this is a rivalry game. Kiffin can say whatever he wants. Players on both sides usually get geeked for this game. Records just don't matter that much in this rivalry.

Personally, I'm not nearly as pessimistic as the rest of you. FAU's not THAT much better. If anything, the lack of energy against ODU should help motivate this team a bit.

Some of you say it's so FIU to crap the bed against ODU. It's also FIU to play out of their minds when you least expect it.

I won't be that surprised if we leave Boca with a win. FAU's ripe for some plucking. And the division title is still on the line. Let's make them have to beat Charlotte, $$$$ it.

This. This. This. I totally agree. While I think it's more likely FAU wins, it would not surprise me in the slightest if FIU won. Shoot, La Tech should have beat FAU last week. They outgained FAU. But they couldn't put the ball in the end zone. Our guys will come out fired up. Let's beat the Owls!