It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:58 pm

2018 Recruiting Targets

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
 PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:43 am   
Golden Panther

I think the staff is going to target graduate transfers to get an experienced QB for next year while grooming Butch's two high school QB recruits for the future

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:14 am   
Golden Panther

As we close in on signing day, FIU has handed out an offer to a FL CB. His Twitter is very pro FIU. His film is solid. Multiple INTs, good ball skills, fluid hip movement, but not sure about top speed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:50 am   
Golden Panther

Can't find much else online about Jabril. It's an offer handed out, let's see if he takes it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:39 pm   
Puma

3 * OT WKU Commit Troy Ingle will officially visit FIU this weekend ...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:37 pm   
Golden Panther

reinierguerra wrote:

And he just posted this.... hmmm....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:45 am   
Golden Panther

The official dead period is over and coaches are at work:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:45 am   
Golden Panther

Building A Dynasty wrote:
reinierguerra wrote:

And he just posted this.... hmmm....

Good stuff. He'd be a great asset to our team. I have to follow him and see who else he's visiting.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:49 am   
Golden Panther

Looks like Troy has offers and looks from UCF and GaTech. Those are hard schools to compete with right now. If he wants to stay local FIU and UCF give him that (FIU being the most local).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:30 am   
Golden Panther

I wonder which local targets Coach Harris is checking out?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:02 pm   
Golden Panther

James Morgan, a grad transfer QB from Bowling Green, is also reportedly officially visiting FIU this weekend. He has 2 years of eligibility wherever he lands, as he is expected to graduate this semester as a redshirt sophomore.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:00 pm   
Golden Panther

FIU Fanatic wrote:
James Morgan, a grad transfer QB from Bowling Green, is also reportedly officially visiting FIU this weekend. He has 2 years of eligibility wherever he lands, as he is expected to graduate this semester as a redshirt sophomore.

Interesting... Morgan was a 4-star prospect out of high school according to ESPN and 247 Sports (not the composite). Morgan's play statistically regressed last season and he lost the starting QB job halfway through the year. I did a bit of quick research on him, and BG fans seem frustrated by his inconsistent accuracy. From what I've seen on tape, he has a big arm and can make all the throws. His mechanics seem a little clunky though.

I'm all for bringing in multiple QBs. The extra competition can only help. The problem is, even with these new guys coming in (Lynum and any others), they will only have the summer and fall camp to learn the offense. That isn't a lot of time. Odds are we either see Wiggins or MA as the starting QB to start the season.

Thanks for the heads up, 'Fanatic.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:36 pm   
Golden Panther

I'd rather have an experienced QB, even a grad transfer, for at least one year. No way MA should start. Seriously, the other QB's we have coming in cannot be worse. It's just not possible.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:16 pm   
Golden Panther

FIU Beisbol wrote:
I'd rather have an experienced QB, even a grad transfer, for at least one year. No way MA should start. Seriously, the other QB's we have coming in cannot be worse. It's just not possible.

I know the frustration. During the Turner years I thought MA could manage a game under the correct scheme. He did win a state title in Central and broke all kinds of Dade passing records in Homestead. But after watching him now with Turner and Butch, I agree he is not made for the NCAA game. At least not for the OL we have.

It's truly sad that We've watched two well loved local HS guys crash and burn at FIU in EJ and Maurice.

Hopefully he switches to WR and contributes like the leader he is!

I'd be ok with Kaylan or Caleb as a worst case. I for one believe freshmen/red shirt freshman can lead teams too.

But I would feel more comfortable with a transfer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:45 pm   
Golden Panther

Troy Ingle liked his official visit to FIU:

Note he said the same thing about his Georgia Tech visit, but when you think about the fact that he decommitted from WKU right before the FIU visit, it makes you wonder... If I had to guess, I think Ingle is part of the signing class in Feb.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:57 pm   
Golden Panther

Building A Dynasty wrote:
Troy Ingle liked his official visit to FIU:

Note he said the same thing about his Georgia Tech visit, but when you think about the fact that he decommitted from WKU right before the FIU visit, it makes you wonder... If I had to guess, I think Ingle is part of the signing class in Feb.

As it has become usual, my guess is exactly as yours. I would think (part of it is hope, I know) Troy came out of the visit ready to become a Panther. Still, I just read in Rivals database that he is slated to still visit WKU in early February. That’s also a new twist, that if true, muffles this thing up.

Go Panthers!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next