It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:53 am

2018 Recruiting Targets

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 25  Next
 PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:43 am   
Golden Panther

HooterHater wrote:
Mercier is from same high school as TO and Shaundarrius Phillips so maybe that will help in his recruiting.

That's a good point. I really like what I see from Mercier. Can't wait for signing day.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:50 am   
Puma

I feel hope like we'll add one more OL prob Troy Ingle, one experienced QB, one more DL hopefully Mercier, and one more DB. That's the 4 scholarships we have left to get to 25. However we know the scholarship thing is never clear and with at least 4 members of the 2018 class already on campus (Underwood, Demery, Palmer, Rocky) we don't really know how many guys we'll sign.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:10 am   
Golden Panther

reinierguerra wrote:
I feel hope like we'll add one more OL prob Troy Ingle, one experienced QB, one more DL hopefully Mercier, and one more DB. That's the 4 scholarships we have left to get to 25. However we know the scholarship thing is never clear and with at least 4 members of the 2018 class already on campus (Underwood, Demery, Palmer, Rocky) we don't really know how many guys we'll sign.

This is exactly how I see it. Still not sure who the main DB target is. Maybe with the remaining official visits, we’ll get an idea. Nigel Bethel was a target a while ago, but rumor is if Miami can’t sign Pat Surtain Jr. or Tyson Campbell (I doubt they will get either at this time), their next guy is Nigel Bethel. It will be tough to compete against Miami for him (and other schools like UCF), but we’ll see. Again, I am just speculating the staff is still pursuing him. We may have moved on.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:15 pm   
Golden Panther

I think this is a good sign for FIU.... Mercier is committing to a school tomorrow after most recently OVing FIU:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:19 pm   
Puma

Completely agree, also this doesn't hurt.

That is current WR Shermar Thornton . Very very good sign for us.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:28 pm   
Golden Panther

reinierguerra wrote:

Hope it is, Mercier has a ton of offers.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:30 pm   
Golden Panther

247 Sports list Kameron Wilson, a 6'7" 225 TE from Hueytown, AL, as a scheduled visitor to FIU this weekend, Jan 26. Wilson isn't highly rated, but his large frame has a lot of potential. Although he played TE in high school, I think he could also be a DE prospect if he puts on weight.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:37 pm   
Puma

247 Sports has me pissed. I feel like they haven't updated our page more than twice since the early National Signing Day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:13 pm   
Golden Panther

reinierguerra wrote:
247 Sports has me pissed. I feel like they haven't updated our page more than twice since the early National Signing Day.

What do you think they are missing now? Other than visitors, I think they are only missing the composite scores with the ESPN evaluations of a few guys. Maybe a few Rivals evaluations too. I'm guessing they are waiting for signing day at this point and then will re-calculate the composites.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:14 pm   
Golden Panther

reinierguerra wrote:

Nice look, reinier. That even looks better, I'd agree. Let's see if he picks FIU tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:58 pm   
Puma

Building A Dynasty wrote:
reinierguerra wrote:

What do you think they are missing now? Other than visitors, I think they are only missing the composite scores with the ESPN evaluations of a few guys. Maybe a few Rivals evaluations too. I'm guessing they are waiting for signing day at this point and then will re-calculate the composites.

They haven’t updated our commitments, i mean taking out the guys from Mainland and Papillon. Also they still show Troy Ingle as a WKU commit when he de-committed weeks ago. But mainly visits and integrating ratings into their composite scores. It affects our national ranking which while good now could be better if they updated their system.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:13 pm   
Golden Panther

reinierguerra wrote:
reinierguerra wrote:

They haven’t updated our commitments, i mean taking out the guys from Mainland and Papillon. Also they still show Troy Ingle as a WKU commit when he de-committed weeks ago. But mainly visits and integrating ratings into their composite scores. It affects our national ranking which while good now could be better if they updated their system.

And they slighted Demery.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:42 pm   
Golden Panther

reinierguerra wrote:
reinierguerra wrote:

That's true. They have definitely been slow to update things. I've noticed that sometimes recruits tagging some of their staff on Twitter posts with commits/decommits seems to help update things.

I think it's quite likely FIU's position doesn't move much in the national rankings. The way you really shoot up is by landing highly rated recruits like Humphrey and Tart. If Demery maintained his original rating we would be much higher. Even if we sign Ingle and Mercier, we may only move up a couple spots.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:37 am   
Golden Panther

Most likely about Mercier, I think:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:06 am   
Golden Panther

Most likely about Mercier, I think:

Your assumption is probably right.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 25  Next