It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:34 am

Class of 2019 Recruiting Targets

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:09 am   
Golden Panther

Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 10:20 am
Posts: 1916
Building A Dynasty wrote:
The trip to Dallas resulted in offers for consensus 3-star prospects Z’Core Brooks and Peter Mpagi.

[Tweet]https://twitter.com/zcore_brooks/status/988843356812992513?[/Tweet]

[Tweet]https://twitter.com/petermpagi/status/988835419897892872?[/Tweet]

Edit: I’m not sure why sometimes the Tweet feature works and sometimes it doesn’t...


Thanks for the updates. I wonder if they will bight on the offers. Are these offers for the 2018 season?


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:23 pm   
Golden Panther

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 2731
Staff is recruiting FL today:









Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:23 pm   
Golden Panther

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 2731
FIU Beisbol wrote:
Building A Dynasty wrote:
The trip to Dallas resulted in offers for consensus 3-star prospects Z’Core Brooks and Peter Mpagi.

[Tweet]https://twitter.com/zcore_brooks/status/988843356812992513?[/Tweet]

[Tweet]https://twitter.com/petermpagi/status/988835419897892872?[/Tweet]

Edit: I’m not sure why sometimes the Tweet feature works and sometimes it doesn’t...


Thanks for the updates. I wonder if they will bight on the offers. Are these offers for the 2018 season?


Yes, the guys I list in this thread are class of 2019 guys.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:46 am   
Golden Panther

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 2731
FIU got another solid 3-star on campus for a visit. Cardinal Gibbons TE Nikolas Ognenovic was recently offered during/after his FIU visit:



Nik holds offers from multiple P5 programs.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:28 pm   
Golden Panther

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 2731
FIU is targeting some really talented prospects this class. I'm really digging it:



Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:13 pm   
Golden Panther

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 2731
Class of 2019 OG Jamari Williams will be announcing his commitment this Friday. He lists FIU in his top 10. The consensus seems to be he will be committing to Louisville.



Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:56 pm   
Golden Panther

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 2731
Consensus 3-star LB Darius Williams from Norland lists FIU in his top 6. He will be committing on June 16.



Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:19 pm   
Puma

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 1:00 am
Posts: 478
Building A Dynasty wrote:
Consensus 3-star LB Darius Williams from Norland lists FIU in his top 6. He will be committing on June 16.



Do you know if he is related to Treyvon Williams? They went to the same school and kinda look alike to me, plus they've had interactions on twitter.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:45 pm   
Golden Panther

Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:25 am
Posts: 751
Jeez, it must be June. BIIIIIIG yawn on these OMGs, "Kim Kardashian showed her butt at FIU today" posts. Thanks, but how about a post when YoYo Mas actually says "I am bringing my talents to Sweetwater."


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:29 am   
Golden Panther

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 11:38 pm
Posts: 2457
Diagodog wrote:
Jeez, it must be June. BIIIIIIG yawn on these OMGs, "Kim Kardashian showed her butt at FIU today" posts. Thanks, but how about a post when YoYo Mas actually says "I am bringing my talents to Sweetwater."


These are guys coming on campus, letting people know, and building relationships with the coaches. That's a good thing.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:26 pm   
Golden Panther

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 2731
Building A Dynasty wrote:
Consensus 3-star LB Darius Williams from Norland lists FIU in his top 6. He will be committing on June 16.



Committed to USF. Not surprised after seeing his Twitter the last few days. Best of luck to him.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:34 am   
Golden Panther

Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:25 am
Posts: 751
Yep. Very exciting! ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:08 pm   
Golden Panther

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:52 am
Posts: 4876
Diagodog wrote:
Yep. Very exciting! ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....



Some of us enjoy recruiting.

Yes, it means nothing until Early NSD or second-NSD

and NSD means nothing until they Come in and compete (physically)

And coming in to compete means nothing if they don't win the job.

Wining the job means nothing if we don't win the game

and winning the game means nothing unless we go bowling

and going bowling means nothing unless you play in the National Title

and so forth and so forth.

It's entertainment!! It's pretty cool for some of us.

The chase for Tayland Humphrey's was great last season. There was Oklahoma State, and then FIU offered younger brother, then there was Tennessee who offered both, and so on until Buch landed this whale (Whale is in Big Fish; not meant as an insult).

Recruiting is a game in itself, part of the bigger game. And its' great to have a coach who understands that winning in September thru January is built on winning the recruiting battles 12-24 months back.

you can go back to bed now.
Zzzzz

_________________
"It's called opportunity, that's what life is all about, you get an opportunity and I think these guys are anxious to have this opportunity and do something with it" - FIU Coach Ron Turner


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:09 pm   
Golden Panther

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 11:38 pm
Posts: 2457
chiaPanther wrote:
Diagodog wrote:
Yep. Very exciting! ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....



Some of us enjoy recruiting.

Yes, it means nothing until Early NSD or second-NSD

and NSD means nothing until they Come in and compete (physically)

And coming in to compete means nothing if they don't win the job.

Wining the job means nothing if we don't win the game

and winning the game means nothing unless we go bowling

and going bowling means nothing unless you play in the National Title

and so forth and so forth.

It's entertainment!! It's pretty cool for some of us.

The chase for Tayland Humphrey's was great last season. There was Oklahoma State, and then FIU offered younger brother, then there was Tennessee who offered both, and so on until Buch landed this whale (Whale is in Big Fish; not meant as an insult).

Recruiting is a game in itself, part of the bigger game. And its' great to have a coach who understands that winning in September thru January is built on winning the recruiting battles 12-24 months back.

you can go back to bed now.
Zzzzz


This. I am glad to see highly sought after recruits mentioning us, and maybe more than a few of them join us in the next class.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:36 pm   
Golden Panther
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:30 pm
Posts: 673
I love the recruiting stuff. Well said, Chia. You don't win September to January unless you win recruiting battles. So true. Recruiting is a huge part of college football. Just as important as coaching the players up and game day adjustments.

_________________
FIU is the city of Miami's only state university.
FIU is Miami State University.

Official Name:
State University of Florida at Miami, or
Miami State University of Florida, or
Miami Florida State University


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Style originally created by Volize © 2003 • Redesigned SkyLine by MartectX © 2008 - 2009