It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:27 pm

Tailgating!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:11 pm   
Golden Panther

Hey guys, I haven't tailgated once since graduating as a student, and it was very different back then. apparently there are all these rules and regulations you ave to follow now. So I have a lot of questions:

I'm going with a small group of friends to tailgate with a small group of friends (less than 10). My understanding is that we would have to tailgate in lot 6. Is lot 6 paved or is that the grassy section on the east side of the stadium?

I also understand that I don't need to register or reserve since it's a group of less than 10 tailgaters. Is that true?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:40 pm   
Golden Panther

FIU Beisbol wrote:
Hey guys, I haven't tailgated once since graduating as a student, and it was very different back then. apparently there are all these rules and regulations you ave to follow now. So I have a lot of questions:

I'm going with a small group of friends to tailgate with a small group of friends (less than 10). My understanding is that we would have to tailgate in lot 6. Is lot 6 paved or is that the grassy section on the east side of the stadium?

I also understand that I don't need to register or reserve since it's a group of less than 10 tailgaters. Is that true?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance!

Lot 6 (Alumni/ Staff/ Donors) is a reserve lot, it is a paved lot immediately east of the stadium (FIU side).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:48 pm   
Golden Panther

So do I have to tailgate there? Where should I tailgate? I’m trying to avoid paying. Also I don’t mind grasss.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:50 pm   
Golden Panther

Enter Youth Fair/county park entrance off Coral Way at appx 114th Ave. If gate is opened to grassy field southeast of stadium, you will be able to park and modestly tailgate there w/o interference. But two years ago it was blocked off owing to tiff between FIU and Youth Fair. I parked in Lot 7 for IU game and don't know myself. Maybe someone else can say?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:07 am   
Golden Panther

Lot 6 doesn’t require a reservation unless you need to reserve several parking spots for a big group. It’s also free for those not requiring a reservation. You can arrive 6 hours prior to kickoff. It is a paved lot and you will need tent weights if you’re going to have a tent. Max tent size is 10x10. Hope this helps

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:38 am   
Golden Panther

Just to clarify: I parked in that "rogue" grassy lot right by the county park soccer fields every home game in 2017 and no one ever bothered me. It was usually me and two or three unoccupied cop cars parked there, though there might occasionally be another vehicle. Benefit of using that is you can come late and find plenty of room. However, since winning the Lottery, I have sprung for the $7 to park in paved lot #7. Remember the Beverly Hillbillies?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:58 am   
Golden Panther

pikedanny wrote:
Lot 6 doesn’t require a reservation unless you need to reserve several parking spots for a big group. It’s also free for those not requiring a reservation. You can arrive 6 hours prior to kickoff. It is a paved lot and you will need tent weights if you’re going to have a tent. Max tent size is 10x10. Hope this helps

Ok. I was wrong.

On this topic I concede to @pikedanny he's been our parking coordinator.

On stadium expansion he is WRONG!!

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:05 pm   
Golden Panther

Thanks for all the info. Tailgating was so much easier 10 years ago. We just showed up and took over the fair grounds lot. We packed the whole area and it was glorious.

Now a days... it seems like FIU is trying to stop anyone from tailgating or having fun anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:30 pm   
Cougar

FIU Beisbol wrote:
Thanks for all the info. Tailgating was so much easier 10 years ago. We just showed up and took over the fair grounds lot. We packed the whole area and it was glorious.

Now a days... it seems like FIU is trying to stop anyone from tailgating or having fun anymore.

Read somewhere that we got kicked out of tamiami because one we would leave it full of trash and two some frat boys beat up an LA Tech fan, leading to a lawsuit