It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:43 am

THE Stadium Construction Thread

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:25 pm   
Golden Panther

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:51 am   
Golden Panther

FIUMiamiFan wrote:
Enough with wasting time with the Hotel. FIU failed with that Bridge and wasted yrs not expanding the stadium.
Enough with wasting time. Seems Rosenberg could care less about Football when in reality in brings in Millions $$.
Other schools in CUSA with FAU UCF and Miami are investing in Facilities, meanwhile FIU is falling behind and may never recover.
Build it now. Butch can get Dorsey or someone else to get it built period. Alot of Recruits see our stadium laugh.
When Butch is gone FIU is going to regret not expanding the Stadium and be relegated to heap-bin of CUSA.

Wow...this is all mostly wrong!!

FIU applied for a Grant due to multiple fatalities of pedestrians trying to cross 8th Street. The Ped Bridge was and still is a great idea. There is a Pedestrian bridge over US-1 to cross from City of South Miami and scUM. And FIU and Sweetwater need to provide safer crossing of 8th Street. FIU was simply the owner who contracted a Contractor and Construction Engineering and Inspection Firm to manage the construction and coordinate with FDOT and the Funds were Federal.

The Bridge and the Stadium hold Zero correlation. The creation of the bridge has nothing to do with necessary improved facilities.

Hopefully, we can complete the stadium during Butches Tenure. BUTCH DAVIS Stadium has a nice ring to it!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:07 am   
Golden Panther

Hey, I know, maybe we can get a grant from the EPA to build this expansion on the grounds that it will provide a necessary roosting spot for pigeons.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:36 am   
Golden Panther

How is FIU not investing in facilities when $$$$ was literally just spent on new practice fields?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:07 pm   
Golden Panther

Diagodog wrote:
Hey, I know, maybe we can get a grant from the EPA to build this expansion on the grounds that it will provide a necessary roosting spot for pigeons.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:03 pm   
Cougar

Building A Dynasty wrote:
How is FIU not investing in facilities when $$$$ was literally just spent on new practice fields?

It was about time, we were the only D1 program in the country without practice fields. I don't praise them for turning in late work.

Big recruits look at out stadium and laugh. I'm not saying we need to expand but we need to glamour it up a bit. It's embarrassing to be honest.

No way we host UM at our stadium anytime soon.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:24 pm   
Golden Panther

Let's start a GoFund me page for the stadium facade!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:41 am   
Golden Panther

So Butch Davis's Twitter account shared a flyer for the upcoming Spring Football game. The stadium in the background of the flyer is a rendering of our expanded stadium:

So FAU Football tried to call him out for that, claiming "That's not what your stadium looks like"

But then FIU punter, Stone Wilson, and FIU kicker, Sean Young proceeded to roast FAU to the ground, yielding no responses:

Hahahaha. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:40 am   
Golden Panther

I'm kind of with FAU on that.

Sad.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:42 pm   
Golden Panther

chiaPanther wrote:
I'm kind of with FAU on that.

Sad.

I don't mind showing off whats on the horizon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22