It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:18 pm

THE Stadium Construction Thread

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:36 am   
Puma

pikedanny wrote:
What kind of upgrades are the disappointed alumni waiting for? A retractable roof?

FIU Beisbol wrote:
You guys know me... I just want the press box and upgraded outer facade. That would go a long way. We don't need any new seating.

That would go a long way to making our stadium look nicer. We don't need more seats yet. We don't need a second level. Heck, we don't really need more suites.

I always look at Sporting Kansas City's MLS stadium and I feel like this is something we can do. Its not much different that our stadium. Its one level, not even a complete roof, but their stadium looks awesome!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=mls+soccer+stadium+kansas+city&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwixufLb1qzXAhUKQSYKHTS4CA8Q_AUIDCgD&biw=1280&bih=918

We have the same basic stadium concept. How can we "spruce up" our existing stadium without needed to break the bank?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:38 am   
Golden Panther

FIU Beisbol wrote:
You guys know me... I just want the press box and upgraded outer facade. That would go a long way. We don't need any new seating.

Agree with this 100%. The addition of a press/suite tower would do wonders, just not sure which side that would get constructed on. Most likely the north side which for now is the visitor sideline, unless that changes again. It would be great if they can re-purpose the existing suites above the club level area (between the 40 yard lines) into a true Stadium Club lounge. Anyone have an idea what a press tower like UCF/FAU would cost?

Also would be nice to have a smaller video board above the West End Zone...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:01 am   
Golden Panther

The Sporting KC stadium is really nice. Way more than we even need. I just want an updated, nice, outer facade. Ours is so outdated. Let's have our FIU architecture students come up with some economical renderings, just to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and yes, p,lease, another scoreboard on the west endzone. Even if its small. Something, please.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:03 pm   
Golden Panther

The Sporting KC is a great example of what we need. I think the key to getting attendance to improve is

1. Keep winning. Butch has changed the culture of this team 100%

2. As mentioned before.. Big name programs... They can be bad but at least have name recognition: UNLV, Yale, Buffalo, SMU, Army

3. A STAR player.. Miami loves star power, TY brought a lot of the people out during Mario's best days. I know this one is hard to control

4. A fly stadium. Keep it the same capacity but hook it up... Make it a place to be seen with the one factor out of all these we can control... a photogenic stadium. I'd even be fine playing a body bad game each year to help pay for that. Do it in stages but get it done.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:04 pm   
Golden Panther

Look I'm all for sprucing up the stadium, but do people really say "Oh I don't go to FIU games because the stadium is a dump? It's like 10 years old. What's wrong with it? It's not loaded with bells and whistles? We're a C-USA program with less than 20 years of experience in football. STFU and show up! The stadium isn't the issue, it's apathy towards the program.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 pm   
Golden Panther

It's all the factors together. The look of the place is one of the few "concrete" things we can control. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:45 pm   
Golden Panther

Yes, it does all factor in. A nice looking stadium, even aesthetically helps a lot. I'm still very disappointed by our student body more than our alumni.

45,000+ students at our school and we can only get a couple hundred to show up??? Or less...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:48 pm   
Puma

pikedanny wrote:
Look I'm all for sprucing up the stadium, but do people really say "Oh I don't go to FIU games because the stadium is a dump? It's like 10 years old. What's wrong with it? It's not loaded with bells and whistles? We're a C-USA program with less than 20 years of experience in football. STFU and show up! The stadium isn't the issue, it's apathy towards the program.

Well you're not wrong. I agree with you wholeheartedly. However, how many people have you heard say, "Wow, I'll go to the Dolphins game/UM game, just to check out the stadium. It looks really nice!"

Nice stadium is what entices people. History, and especially winning, is what will keep bringing people back.

Either way, what's that famous saying? "Build it and they will come"

Again, we're not talking about expanding capacity to 100,000, or 100 suites, new façade, or massive press boxes. I think the KC Sporting stadium is a great examples of what we can do to make our stadium nicer. It's what we can aspire to. Its what can be done in phases. Little by little. WE NEED IT. That's it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:33 pm   
Juvenile Panther

PantherNation wrote:
pikedanny wrote:

Well you're not wrong. I agree with you wholeheartedly. However, how many people have you heard say, "Wow, I'll go to the Dolphins game/UM game, just to check out the stadium. It looks really nice!"

Nice stadium is what entices people. History, and especially winning, is what will keep bringing people back.

Again, we're not talking about expanding capacity to 100,000, or 100 suites, new façade, or massive press boxes. I think the KC Sporting stadium is a great examples of what we can do to make our stadium nicer. It's what we can aspire to. Its what can be done in phases. Little by little. WE NEED IT. That's it.

I live in KC and work almost across the street from the KC Sporting stadium (I've been to venue plenty of times). I can honestly say it's a really nice stadium and has everything you can think of. I do agree that sometimes its not all about how big/seats the stadium has ... there's other ways we can make it standout to recruits/students/alumni. It can possibly draw attention to host other events too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:04 pm   
Golden Panther

PantherNation wrote:
pikedanny wrote:

I agree. We don't need to make our stadium bigger. Just fix it up aesthetically. A new, simple facade would go a long way. We need a small scoreboard in the west end zone. And yes, please, a press box or press tower. At least one level.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18