It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:28 pm

THE Stadium Construction Thread

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:50 pm   
Golden Panther

Only thong I don't like about the dug-out home bench, is that it will probably get hot down there with bad ventilation. A nice cool night breeze helps the players once they get off the field. I'd rather be out in the open than crammed under the bleachers I think. But I could be wrong.

I know that's where soccer teams will be when they play soccer games in the stadium.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:54 pm   
Golden Panther

You forget there will be fans down there with misters.

Profile WWW ICQ YIM  
 PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:27 am   
Golden Panther

I passed by the stadium yesterday and I noticed that a lot of the decorated blue and. gold banners that run around the side of the stadium are loose, down, or hanging and wrapped around the metal supports. Does anyone know if this is because of high winds from the storm Ot are they being replaced? I think it was the wind.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:54 am   
Golden Panther

I think the banners feel down due to the storm winds from the weekend. If they're smart, they'll be placing brand new banners all around the stadium. They also need banners to cover the elevated portion of the north side stands at field level. I don't want to see the underbelly on TV.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:07 am   
Golden Panther

The elevated stands have a permanent (wall) below them at field level in navy blue. This will also make the stadium much warmer at field level preventing any breeze from channeling through. From field level, if you do a 360 degree view of our facility you can really notice how close the bleachers are to the field. We need to be stomping that aluminum as hard as possible and beta test noise level on AKRON for that Louisville game.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:22 am   
Golden Panther

FIUPIKE wrote:
The elevated stands have a permanent (wall) below them at field level in navy blue. This will also make the stadium much warmer at field level preventing any breeze from channeling through. From field level, if you do a 360 degree view of our facility you can really notice how close the bleachers are to the field. We need to be stomping that aluminum as hard as possible and beta test noise level on AKRON for that Louisville game.

They need to cover the wall just as they cover the rest of the walls that surround the field. Need symmetry.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:34 am   
Golden Panther

Danny - are you talking about sponsors ? I'm telling you it is sealed flush and the underbelly and plaza cannot be viewed. I suspect logos of sponsors will go up as well. Did you get club level on the north side or what ? My seats are pimp and 15 feet away from the SkyLounge. I can't wait to hear your criticism of the tented area.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:58 am   
Golden Panther

I tried convincing the lady to get tickets on the north side, but she's concerned we'll be sitting the entire game among "the enemy". LOL

Profile WWW ICQ YIM  
 PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:59 am   
Golden Panther

Sponsorships, or just ALFONSO FIELD, FIUSPORTS.COM, etc. like the other walls surrounding the field. I know there is a wall there, but if the rest of the field has banners, the new side needs them too.

I will be on the North Side, but not in the Club Section this season, unfortunately. I will, however, most likely be critical of the tent city "Sky Lounge." lol

Here's what I'm talking about:

The banner acts as a "skirt" for the walls that surround the field. I know there will be a wall there, but the new side needs a similar banner, I think.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:21 am   
Golden Panther

pikedanny wrote:
Sponsorships, or just ALFONSO FIELD, FIUSPORTS.COM, etc. like the other walls surrounding the field. I know there is a wall there, but if the rest of the field has banners, the new side needs them too.

I will be on the North Side, but not in the Club Section this season, unfortunately. I will, however, most likely be critical of the tent city "Sky Lounge." lol

Here's what I'm talking about:

The banner acts as a "skirt" for the walls that surround the field. I know there will be a wall there, but the new side needs a similar banner, I think.

Until those "dugouts" are built for our team next year, they should definitely have a banner up.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:29 am   
Golden Panther

Guys - nothing is exposed, it is covered up right now with some sort of navy partition it looks fine. Danny is asking if the apron will now match the south side with sponsors over them and ALFONSO FIELD just like the other side. A week ago, they just finished sealing it from the NW corner to NE corner.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:30 am   
Puma

http://miamisouthpaw.blogspot.com/2009/08/ghosts-of-orange-bowl-city-of-miami.html

Or maybe something like Florida International University welcomes you to Alfonso Field at FIU Stadium? Not that it has to be that, but something permanent and painted might be nicer than a banner.

Panther eyes?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fiu/2180777535/in/set-72157603675618956

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:34 am   
Golden Panther

FIUPIKE wrote:
Guys - nothing is exposed, it is covered up right now with some sort of navy partition it looks fine. Danny is asking if the apron will now match the south side with sponsors over them and ALFONSO FIELD just like the other side. A week ago, they just finished sealing it from the NW corner to NE corner.

Navy Partition will not be fine. If you're going to do something, you should do it right. Match the banner. Get it done, FIU!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:50 am   
Golden Panther

Dude are you serious ? The north skirt/apron looks a million times better than what they did on the south side. FYI - the game is in 9 days and I'm sure they'll have something on the navy panels by gameday. Let it go already.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:02 pm   
Golden Panther

Yeah, I'm serious. Not taking it nearly as seriously as you think I may be taking it, but yeah... They should and hopefully will match the existing. Those details go a long way, man.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next