It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:19 am

THE Stadium Construction Thread

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:39 pm   
Golden Panther

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:00 pm   
Puma

pikedanny wrote:
HugoGP1 wrote:
Personally, I don't mind if they construct the upper deck of the stadium. I think it's a good way for the university to show anyone that they are serious about football. They could also rent it out for bigger events rather than just getting something that won't profit.

Coach Davis, just pulled an incredible recruiting class with the potential of creating chaos next season, which should be more of a reason to construct it.

If you are going to sell the dream, you have to sell it completely. Having a half constructed station with a university of 50k students is a joke if you ask me. I would understand a private school like Duke or even a small public university that genuinely does not have the potential to bring in a large crowd.

I do remember Coach Davis saying that they wanted to have the second deck made when UMiami goes 8 miles west to play FIU. Maybe they will have it constructed when they come by.

At this point, either you go big or go home.

It’s not half finished. It’s a fully enclosed bowl. A second deck is completely unnecessary. Just a giant waste of money. Focus on a facade, true concourse, and a tower on the north side including a true press box, new suites, and field view stadium club. Would improve the appearance and the Gameday experience for fans. A second deck does nothing but create more empty seats.

Dude, I love FIU football as the next poster on this forum lol. Our stadium is incredibly horrid aesthetically speaking, I never seen so many banners that covered up all the imperfections of that structure.

Its not a matter of a need per se, its a matter of selling the dream. You want to pick up big recruits, coaches, or etc. you have show them that you are serious .If you want to be a second tier team living in UMiami's shadow? Minus well just move down to the FCS and stop wasting time.

I don't buy that the school doesn't have the funds when they were able to accommodate Coach Davis and company (I think it was worth the investment). If FIU wants to be the "Boise State" then it has bring down the benjamins.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:53 pm   
Golden Panther

My whole point is that you can improve the stadium aesthetically without adding a useless 2nd deck.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:20 pm   
Golden Panther

FAU fans love their stadium. FIU fans not so much. upgrade the stadium asap. A Nice story pressbox tower and Upper decks in the endzones to start.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:24 pm   
Golden Panther

or at least an upperdeck to the student section that has been dead for 4yrs now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:24 pm   
Golden Panther

Start with a decent hot dog. Everything will fall into place after that.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:50 pm   
Golden Panther

Stadium massively needs to be completed. Like 411 Panther said, FAU is KILLING us in that department.

I'm tired of repeating the obvious.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:04 am   
Golden Panther

A second deck? Seriously? Come on, people.

FIU can't even get 5,000 people (real numbers, not the ticket BS) to games on a regular basis and some of you want to make the stadium look even more like a ghost town on gamedays? Oh, yeah. That's really going to show the recruits FIU is big time. :roll:

Want to show you're big time? Get into a P5 league and out of CUSA. Or maybe go indy and schedule aggressively as hell. Land as many big fish as you can at home, win some of those games and maybe parlay that into a P5 slot down the line. Or at least the American.

Either way... it would be financially retarted to even think about a second deck until football can show it can fill what it has on a consistent basis.

A Hard Rock-style canopy (or what Sporting KC has) is a much better idea, I think. Especially considering the sun/rain South Florida gets and that most of the seats in the stadium are metal bleachers.

It would severely hamper the upper deck plans, but there's no question it would improve the gameday experience for fans and FIU needs to get that right in order to even consider a second deck in the future. Cross that bridge when you get there.

And, yes, fix the aesthetics of the stadium. It doesn't look great on the outside with all those exposed innards. Look at how UCF did theirs as a good model. Their stadium is very similar to FIU's. That's a relatively cheap fix, too. As is a decent press box. I'd do both those things well before a second deck, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:01 am   
Golden Panther

Clawing Cancer wrote:
A second deck? Seriously? Come on, people.

A Hard Rock-style canopy (or what Sporting KC has) is a much better idea, I think. Especially considering the sun/rain South Florida gets and that most of the seats in the stadium are metal bleachers.

Second deck is ridiculous. Surprised this still has to be said.

The canopy is a decent idea.

Stadium leaves a lot to be desired. Anybody who does not admit to this, is not being truthful with themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:02 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Our stadium is no where near looking like UCF or FAU. It's more like Middle Ten W/O the upper decks and No press tower. FIU has to stop being cheap, recruits see that. FIU fans sadly rather be seen at a UM game. Trying get fans to watch a winning team in a small stadium is not working out so well. The stadium must be upgraded ASAP.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:03 pm   
Juvenile Panther

The FIU stadium experience and atmosphere sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:22 pm   
Golden Panther

FIUMiamiFan wrote:
FIU fans sadly rather be seen at a UM game.

Not this FIU fan. I'd rather be at FIU vs. St. Mary's School of the Blind at that dump Lockhart Stadium than be seen at a UM game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:34 pm   
Golden Panther

FIUMiamiFan wrote:
The FIU stadium experience and atmosphere sucks.

That is determined by the fans, not the appearance of the stadium. No one complained about the atmosphere the year we won the SBC and the year after. People showed up, they had a good time, and that was all that mattered. The facility is fine for what we draw now, save for a few improvements brought up by pikedanny.

What most don't see is that instead of building FAU's stadium, we built significantly better training and therapy facilities. The difference in our developmental infrastructure versus theirs' is huge.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:09 pm   
Golden Panther

When you can't even get the hot dog part right, you are truly sucking wind.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:15 pm   
Golden Panther

LOL

Seriously guys... you all know we do not need a second deck anytime soon. It would look great, until fans actually sat in the stadium. Right niow the stadium is the perfect size.

All we need is the press tower and facade... and yes, better hot dogs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next