It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:28 pm

Potential Signing Day surprises!!!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:07 pm   
Puma

I've been wanting to compile this list for a while and with about a week to go seems like the right time. These are the prospects we've either had in home visits with, were on campus for an official, will be on campus for an official or list FIU among their favorites according to recruiting websites. Lastly i've ranked them according to talent/ratings and how much FIU needs them.

1- Latavious Brini 6'2" 200lbs CB from Mater Academy High, consensus high 3*** player, is slated to visit FIU right before signing day. Other visits(USF, Georgia and Oregon), we badly need another CB to start opposite to Isiah Brown.
2- Dorian Hall 6'4" 200lbs S from Hollywood FL, high 3*** player who visited FIU the weekend of January 14th, plenty of offers but seems to be down to FIU OR FSU (I know pretty nuts), another position of need would probably start since Day 1 opposite to Niko Gonzalez .
3-Lamonte Mcdougle 6'1" 290lbs DT from Delray BeacH FL, 3*** player who looks physically ready to start from day one in a position of great need, down to FIU, WVU and Purdue with WVU seemed as the favorite.
4-Kevaughn Dingle 6'1" 185lbs WR from Carol City High, ESPN 4**** and Rivals,247 and Scout high 3*** player would be a great addition to the team, seems to be down to 4 schools (FIU, Kentucky, UTAH and USF).
5-Kedonis Haslem 6'3" 290lbs DT/OG from St Thomas Aquinas High,high 3*** player and the son of Udonis Haslem list FIU as his favorite according to 247 sports, seems to also be considering OHIO and hoping for a UF offer.
6-Cody Bowes 6'4" 280lbs OL from Miami Southridge , solid 3*** player was a one time WVU commitment but now has FIU as his favorite while still considering WVU, FAU among others.
7-Bentavious Thompson 5'11" 187lbs RB from Miami Southridge, high 3*** player with offers from a ton of big schools, hinted on twitter that he would visit but can't confirm he did or is going to, seems to be down to UCF, UF and Louisville.

Please feel free to comment and add more who you think could surprise us on signing day, but these are the ones i think can have a great impact if they sign with FIU.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:36 pm   
Golden Panther

reinierguerra wrote:
I've been wanting to compile this list for a while and with about a week to go seems like the right time. These are the prospects we've either had in home visits with, were on campus for an official, will be on campus for an official or list FIU among their favorites according to recruiting websites. Lastly i've ranked them according to talent/ratings and how much FIU needs them.

1- Latavious Brini 6'2" 200lbs CB from Mater Academy High, consensus high 3*** player, is slated to visit FIU right before signing day. Other visits(USF, Georgia and Oregon), we badly need another CB to start opposite to Isiah Brown.
2- Dorian Hall 6'4" 200lbs S from Hollywood FL, high 3*** player who visited FIU the weekend of January 14th, plenty of offers but seems to be down to FIU OR FSU (I know pretty nuts), another position of need would probably start since Day 1 opposite to Niko Gonzalez .
3-Lamonte Mcdougle 6'1" 290lbs DT from Delray BeacH FL, 3*** player who looks physically ready to start from day one in a position of great need, down to FIU, WVU and Purdue with WVU seemed as the favorite.
4-Kevaughn Dingle 6'1" 185lbs WR from Carol City High, ESPN 4**** and Rivals,247 and Scout high 3*** player would be a great addition to the team, seems to be down to 4 schools (FIU, Kentucky, UTAH and USF).
5-Kedonis Haslem 6'3" 290lbs DT/OG from St Thomas Aquinas High,high 3*** player and the son of Udonis Haslem list FIU as his favorite according to 247 sports, seems to also be considering OHIO and hoping for a UF offer.
6-Cody Bowes 6'4" 280lbs OL from Miami Southridge , solid 3*** player was a one time WVU commitment but now has FIU as his favorite while still considering WVU, FAU among others.
7-Bentavious Thompson 5'11" 187lbs RB from Miami Southridge, high 3*** player with offers from a ton of big schools, hinted on twitter that he would visit but can't confirm he did or is going to, seems to be down to UCF, UF and Louisville.

Please feel free to comment and add more who you think could surprise us on signing day, but these are the ones i think can have a great impact if they sign with FIU.

Off the top of my head, these are some of the top targets we would love to get. Great stuff, and thanks for putting it together.

Maybe add Denzel Houston as #8 in that list, but definitely lower than those Top 7. I'd say the top 3 you have are the same I have, though not necessarily in that order. There might still be some true "surprise" visitors/interest that we haven't been able to dig info about, but that possiblity always exists. In terms of need, taking into consideration the current commitment list we have access to, McDougle would be my #1 priority with Hall and Brini closely behind. Then, one (at least) of the two OL's right with them, with Bentavious following them and Dingle as well.

Dingle would make an already strong WR class, pretty ridiculously strong if he signs with FIU. I'd say Hall is...at this moment...the most likely to commit/sign with FIU of those 7, which is very good since he is at a position we desperately need to add. Given the fact we have no Safety committed to us, with the possible exception of Brandon James playing that position in college, this is a position we need to get at least one commitment from now until signing day.

As always, exciting and crazy things might happen the last week or so of recruiting, so we will see.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:05 pm   
Golden Panther

This is a good list. A lot of these guys we have been following in the potential targets thread.

Like Fanatic said, clearly D-line is the position of most need, followed by DB. For that reason, I would add Abule Abadi (DE) to the list. I also would look out for the name Siurpy Rinvil (WR). Both have already taken an official visit to FIU. I get the feeling Rinvil will get a scholly if we don't land Dingle, but that's totally speculation at this point.

I agree with 'Fanatic that Hall is the most likely to sign of the seven. Something to look out for is that we are nearly at our limit of potential scholarships (anyone know how many we can give out this year?). Thus, I wonder if we me see a couple surprises that don't sign with us on Feb 1, like Tevin Jones, for example.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:02 am   
Puma

Thanks guys, very good points.

Since there isn't much else happening Dorian Hall liked and retweeted coach Babich's latest tweet. I agree that he is the most likely to sign with us.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:19 am   
Golden Panther

Some crystal ball predictions from 247 starting to come in for Brini and Dingle to FIU... hhmmmm....

Edit: I looked further into this. Within the past 24 hours, both Ryan Bartow and Andrew Irvins, who are both quite familiar with S FL recruiting, have picked Dingle and Brini to go to FIU. In the case of Brini, Kipp Adams, a Georgia 247 guy, also picked Brini to go to FIU. This is quite interesting to me, considering Brini just made an official visit to Georgia. Maybe he got some inside information. It's possible these guys are wrong, but I think there is a very real chance FIU lands either Dingle or Brini. This is very exciting news just one week away from signing day. The recent decommits probably made room for these guys to join the 2017 class.....

GO PANTHERS!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:47 am   
Puma

Building A Dynasty wrote:
Some crystal ball predictions from 247 starting to come in for Brini and Dingle to FIU... hhmmmm....

Edit: I looked further into this. Within the past 24 hours, both Ryan Bartow and Andrew Irvins, who are both quite familiar with S FL recruiting, have picked Dingle and Brini to go to FIU. In the case of Brini, Kipp Adams, a Georgia 247 guy, also picked Brini to go to FIU. This is quite interesting to me, considering Brini just made an official visit to Georgia. Maybe he got some inside information. It's possible these guys are wrong, but I think there is a very real chance FIU lands either Dingle or Brini. This is very exciting news just one week away from signing day. The recent decommits probably made room for these guys to join the 2017 class.....

GO PANTHERS!

Wow pretty exciting stuff, like you said for Brini, 5 different analysts have put in predictions this morning, all coming in for FIU, makes one wonder if they know something we don't.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:50 am   
Cougar

Brini and Dingle to FIU? :shock:

$$$$ yes! Please let this happen baby Jesus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:01 pm   
Golden Panther

Yup even more guys have added predictions for Brini and Dingle to FIU. In my opinion, the chances of this many guys being wrong one week before signing day is not too likely. I would now venture to say there is a greater than 50% chance both are heading to FIU at this point. Of course, things can change, but right now I'm pretty freaking excited! Both are great players.

Peter Ariz claimed FIU was the favorite to land Brini even a few weeks ago and I thought he was crazy. I guess not. If this actually pans out, you could make a very strong case this would be the best recruiting class in FIU's history. Both are 4-star recruits according to various agencies.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:07 pm   
Puma

I don't want to get overly excited but if we land those 2 guys plus Dorian Hall who is also very likely then i would say this is FIU strongest class ever. 247 sports has a feature where you can see All Time recruits, and the highest rated FIU recruit they have is Willis Wright at 0.8728, both Brini and Dingle have higher ratings and Hall is at 0.8700, with the rest of our class being more than solid any of these signings would push it to be the best one ever i think.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:23 pm   
Golden Panther

It's also funny (not really) that all of the sudden Brini and Dingle are no longer listed as 4-star recruits according to 247's rankings.... Hmm....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:45 pm   
Golden Panther

Those are very telling indicators (the "experts" suddenly predicting between yesterday and today they are going to FIU) those guys with national recruiting ties, but in particular the ones from Georgia, in favor of FIU recruiting and actually landing those guys. The fact we are seeing Moore decommitting and perhaps other(s) also tell a story of creating space for Butch's recruits for next season. If we add those 3: Brini, Dingle, Hall...and especially if they all show up and actually play/practice for FIU, I'm also stating this would be the best recruiting class in the history of FIU Football. But, BUT....it's way too early to tell where these kids really want to go, or if they don't change their mind.

Pretty exciting stuff permeating right now via 247Sports. Thanks for bringing that out, guys!

Go Panthers!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:51 pm   
Puma

FIU Fanatic wrote:
Those are very telling indicators (the "experts" suddenly predicting between yesterday and today they are going to FIU) those guys with national recruiting ties, but in particular the ones from Georgia, in favor of FIU recruiting and actually landing those guys. The fact we are seeing Moore decommitting and perhaps other(s) also tell a story of creating space for Butch's recruits for next season. If we add those 3: Brini, Dingle, Hall...and especially if they all show up and actually play/practice for FIU, I'm also stating this would be the best recruiting class in the history of FIU Football. But, BUT....it's way too early to tell where these kids really want to go, or if they don't change their mind.

Pretty exciting stuff permeating right now via 247Sports. Thanks for bringing that out, guys!

Go Panthers!

Couldn't agree more, also with what Dynasty posted about D' Price and his ESPN rating of 79 which is pretty high (Same as Brini) I would say that most if not all of our recruits (mainly talking about Butch's guys here) are rated 3 stars by at least one of the recruiting services meaning (ESPN,Scout or 247 Sports), btw Rivals has fallen down the drain huh, they haven't updated our commitment list in forever.

Oh man, can't wait for signing day...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:40 pm   
Puma

Predictions keep coming in Brini now has 7 and Dingle 6 all for FIU in the last 24 HRS. Also there is already some hate from some UM fans on twitter haha.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:59 pm   
Puma

reinierguerra wrote:
Predictions keep coming in Brini now has 7 and Dingle 6 all for FIU in the last 24 HRS. Also there is already some hate from some UM fans on twitter haha.

Tweet please lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:05 pm   
Cougar

reinierguerra wrote:

I don't see why, no one of those guys were takes for them.