It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:25 pm

Potential Signing Day surprises!!!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:31 pm   
Golden Panther

Abule Abadi has been offered by Kentucky and UF. Glad Butch got to him first. Hopefully the foundation Butch laid, is enough to reel him in. Can't coach that size and athletic ability! Rivals now rates him as a 3-star recruit (5.6) btw.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:32 pm   
Cougar

Also signing Kedonis Haslem would be huge because of who his dad is. Possible donations and media exposure can only help us.

I can see why they would want a UF offer, since that's Udonis alma mater, but it is no secret that Udonis is a Miami Hurricanes football fan and a Butch Davis supporter. I'm sure Udonis would love for him son to play under the legendary coach.

Come one UD, we need a scoreboard on the west end of the stadium.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:20 pm   
Golden Panther

reinierguerra wrote:
FIU Fanatic wrote:
Those are very telling indicators (the "experts" suddenly predicting between yesterday and today they are going to FIU) those guys with national recruiting ties, but in particular the ones from Georgia, in favor of FIU recruiting and actually landing those guys. The fact we are seeing Moore decommitting and perhaps other(s) also tell a story of creating space for Butch's recruits for next season. If we add those 3: Brini, Dingle, Hall...and especially if they all show up and actually play/practice for FIU, I'm also stating this would be the best recruiting class in the history of FIU Football. But, BUT....it's way too early to tell where these kids really want to go, or if they don't change their mind.

Pretty exciting stuff permeating right now via 247Sports. Thanks for bringing that out, guys!

Go Panthers!

Couldn't agree more, also with what Dynasty posted about D' Price and his ESPN rating of 79 which is pretty high (Same as Brini) I would say that most if not all of our recruits (mainly talking about Butch's guys here) are rated 3 stars by at least one of the recruiting services meaning (ESPN,Scout or 247 Sports), btw Rivals has fallen down the drain huh, they haven't updated our commitment list in forever.

Oh man, can't wait for signing day...

I updated the known commitment list thread several hours ago after incorporating ESPN's update in their players' assessments, and take a look at it now: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5995&p=65476#p65476

Shemar Thornton hasn't been rated yet by ESPN, so there's actually a good chance he will be assessed as a 3-Stars player as well by them. If so, only 1...so far...of our recruits won't have at least one of the top 4 recruiting websites 3-Stars designation.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:12 pm   
Golden Panther

Wow!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:47 pm   
Puma

Well it appears that Kevaughn Dingle canceled his Official to Kentucky this weekend and says they are no longer the leader for him; silent FIU commitment?
On the Latavaious Brini front, he had an in home visit today with Coach Davis and 3 other coaches.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:46 am   
Cougar

reinierguerra wrote:
Well it appears that Kevaughn Dingle canceled his Official to Kentucky this weekend and says they are no longer the leader for him; silent FIU commitment?
On the Latavaious Brini front, he had an in home visit today with Coach Davis and 3 other coaches.

Excuse my language, but it seems like we fvcking...lets go Butch!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:12 am   
Puma

Well a brand new crystall ball prediction is out for Dorian Hall, and you guessed it you FIU Golden Panthers, that together with him retweeting coach's Babich and FIU Football's posts about signing day makes me think he will be a Panther. We could sure use a 6'4" 200lbs highly rated safety

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:29 am   
Golden Panther

Would love to see guys like Hall and this DE out of Lakeland (that UF just offered), among others.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:04 am   
Golden Panther

FIU brought the whole squad for Brini:

USF seems to also still be going really hard after him as Coach Strong made an in-home visit as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:39 am   
Golden Panther

Let's hope this goes down as the best class we've had thus far, it sure seems to be shaping up that way.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:37 am   
Golden Panther

Raheem Fuller asked Brini for a DM after this tweet. Could the MTSU commit still be in play?

Building A Dynasty wrote:
FIU brought the whole squad for Brini:

USF seems to also still be going really hard after him as Coach Strong made an in-home visit as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:43 am   
Golden Panther

It's possible Fuller wants to know if Brini is going to FIU. If he is, maybe he doesn't want to compete for a spot against Brini.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:32 am   
Puma

Fuller sent out a tweet a couple of days ago that he was shutting down his recruitment and sticking with MTSU, would be really surprised if we flip him to FIU.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:03 pm   
Golden Panther

Kevin Oliver and Shemar Thornton have locked in their commitments to FIU and have shut down their recruiting via Twitter. Go Panthers!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:24 pm   
Golden Panther

Good points 'Dynasty & reinierguerra, wishful thinking on my part I guess lol. This was what i saw

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next