It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:16 am

5star JUCO DT?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:50 pm   
Golden Panther

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:20 am   
Cougar

Big Saucy has a great highlight reel, just pushes everyone around. Will he be at FIU for the next season?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:47 am   
Golden Panther

Tayland Humphrey has offers from many, many P5 programs. While it is nice that FIU is the first program to offer both brothers, it's pretty unlikely Tayland signs with FIU. I hope I'm wrong. He's a beast of a player.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:11 am   
Golden Panther

Mom could be going Lonzo Ball on social media.

Basically saying they are a package deal.
If Big Saucy were to come here our defence would change overnight.

If you guys are praying men, after you pray for family, health, world peace....add a little thing like and BigSaucy at FIU.
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:54 pm   
Golden Panther

He signs, no one will be able to make fun of FIUPhil anymore.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:04 pm   
Golden Panther

Diagodog wrote:

True
:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:59 pm   
Cougar

Hey Fellow Panther Fans,
I'm in class right now with my high school seniors (they academically "checked out" 2 weeks ago!), it's raining outside so I thought I might respond. First of all, thank you to both Diadog and Chia. I hope you're right that I'm right! I don't expect Coach Davis to land a "big fish" (and based on T. Humphrey's measurements this would, quite literally, be a REALLY big fish) this quickly, but I have no doubt he'll start "reelin' them in" much sooner than later. The P. McKever kid from N.C. State looks like the type of player that A.J. Bransiel was going to be this year. I wonder if he was given one of the 5-6 scholarships that Coach Davis kept in his back pocket? There is clearly a "method to his madness." I see these pieces beginning to be put together, my anticipation grows and I'm really looking forward to the kickoff of the 2017 season. FIUPhil

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:43 pm   
Golden Panther

So looking forward to 2017 season and the changes that Coach Davis will start making into our program better. Can't wait.

Go Panthers!

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:22 pm   
Cougar

FIU Fanatic wrote:
So looking forward to 2017 season and the changes that Coach Davis will start making into our program better.

Same! Counting down the days. Debating if I should travel down for the UCF game or Homecoming

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:01 pm   
Cougar

Diagodog wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:32 am   
Puma

If this guy signs with us then dream big. Small programs don't get 5 stars - even JUCO ones. And if they do, you can bet your bottom dollar that it would include a class with a couple of 4 stars and highly thought of 3 stars. Recruiting can be roughly compared to dating. [excuse the bad analogy coming next] Have you ever noticed that average-looking guy that starts dating a beautiful woman unexpectedly? The next thing you know, he's only dating hot women. Before you know it, everyone starts believing he's handsome. Let's hope FIU starts looking real handsome soon (pretty?).

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:06 pm   
Golden Panther

Excited to see what Butch can reel in with a whole year to scout and recruit. Does that new rule for early signees start this year?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:05 pm   
Golden Panther

The offers have been coming in on tweeter....
The staff started with offers in MD,VA, GA, AREAS AND then attacked FL from north to south. The offers aren't like previous years.

No commitments yet, as far as I know. But the bios on the kids offered is always impressive. Butch has apparently taken a different approach then previous Coaches.

The expert in following and tracking recruits is FIUFanatic not me. The Expert in Building champions is Phil. I don't know how to build champions.

All I can say is that I love the type of athlete that Butch and his staff is pursuing.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:33 pm   
Golden Panther

chiaPanther wrote:
The offers have been coming in on tweeter....
The staff started with offers in MD,VA, GA, AREAS AND then attacked FL from north to south. The offers aren't like previous years.

No commitments yet, as far as I know. But the bios on the kids offered is always impressive. Butch has apparently taken a different approach then previous Coaches.

The expert in following and tracking recruits is FIUFanatic not me. The Expert in Building champions is Phil. I don't know how to build champions.

All I can say is that I love the type of athlete that Butch and his staff is pursuing.

Lol. I've been keeping tabs on the recruiting as well. I noticed the same thing you did, Chia. Butch is offering some big-name players. Unless he misses on all these guys, this recruiting class will be FIU's best. I like how he isn't offering everyone and their mom like FAU is. Seriously, they have offered nearly 200 kids already.... Butch is targeting a smaller group of guys with great skill sets and good size.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:52 pm   
Golden Panther

Oklahoma State just offered the little brother and becomes one of two schools to offer both bothers.

What y'all think, a miracle or we finish second? :P