It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:21 am

5star JUCO DT?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:38 pm   
Golden Panther

I didn't think a Power 5 would offer the little brother, as scholarships at P5 schools have to be guaranteed for 4 years. While G5 programs don't have that requirement.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:57 pm   
Golden Panther

Building A Dynasty wrote:
chiaPanther wrote:
The offers have been coming in on tweeter....
The staff started with offers in MD,VA, GA, AREAS AND then attacked FL from north to south. The offers aren't like previous years.

No commitments yet, as far as I know. But the bios on the kids offered is always impressive. Butch has apparently taken a different approach then previous Coaches.

The expert in following and tracking recruits is FIUFanatic not me. The Expert in Building champions is Phil. I don't know how to build champions.

All I can say is that I love the type of athlete that Butch and his staff is pursuing.

Lol. I've been keeping tabs on the recruiting as well. I noticed the same thing you did, Chia. Butch is offering some big-name players. Unless he misses on all these guys, this recruiting class will be FIU's best. I like how he isn't offering everyone and their mom like FAU is. Seriously, they have offered nearly 200 kids already.... Butch is targeting a smaller group of guys with great skill sets and good size.

That's how you burn bridges with coaches. He (Kiffin) knows he doesn't have that many scholarships and will end up pulling offers last minute. That kind of stuff killed Golden at UM, too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:03 am   
Golden Panther

no offense. We have Butch,but we dont have Boone T Pickens throwing around 100s of Millions into football. Pray for a miracle.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:20 am   
Golden Panther

So as of now, we're in his Top 2. However, how long is it until more schools offer his brother (John Bolding), maybe even if it is just to get Tayland? I think FIU has a legit interest in both guys. OK St offered John after they both visited OK St and probably learned they both wanted to play together. Plus, as mentioned above, we don't have P5 money to throw at them.

The thing FIU has going for themselves is that we were the first school to offer both of them. If you check out John's Twitter, his pinned Tweet is his FIU offer and has recently retweeted some FIU equipment stuff. I'm guessing FIU is definitely recruiting John the hardest, which is helping.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:41 pm   
Golden Panther

maybe Butch can use his old ties to OK State w/ Jimmy Johnson & pull a miracle.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:46 pm   
Golden Panther

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:51 pm   
Golden Panther

So as of now, we're in his Top 2. However, how long is it until more schools offer his brother (John Bolding), maybe even if it is just to get Tayland? I think FIU has a legit interest in both guys. OK St offered John after they both visited OK St and probably learned they both wanted to play together. Plus, as mentioned above, we don't have P5 money to throw at them.

The thing FIU has going for themselves is that we were the first school to offer both of them. If you check out John's Twitter, his pinned Tweet is his FIU offer and has recently retweeted some FIU equipment stuff. I'm guessing FIU is definitely recruiting John the hardest, which is helping.

That thing you just wrote is probably the key to all this, and had not thought about that angle. Also, the relationship with their parents, who seem to be involved in all this. Of course, with Oklahoma State now in it, we are definitely the big underdogs now. Anyways, Go Panthers!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:34 am   
Golden Panther

Tayland Humphrey has offers from many, many P5 programs. While it is nice that FIU is the first program to offer both brothers, it's pretty unlikely Tayland signs with FIU. I hope I'm wrong. He's a beast of a player.

We were all HAPPILY wrong. We got him...and then some. Was looking into something back in this board and found this thread. I love putting things in perspective given timelines. Let's now hope all our signees get their grades in order and actually play for us come this upcoming 2018 season.

Go Panthers!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:23 pm   
Golden Panther

FIU Fanatic wrote:
Tayland Humphrey has offers from many, many P5 programs. While it is nice that FIU is the first program to offer both brothers, it's pretty unlikely Tayland signs with FIU. I hope I'm wrong. He's a beast of a player.

We were all HAPPILY wrong. We got him...and then some. Was looking into something back in this board and found this thread. I love putting things in perspective given timelines. Let's now hope all our signees get their grades in order and actually play for us come this upcoming 2018 season.

Go Panthers!

Yes! These are exciting new times at FIU where we are now signing guys we didn't think were possible. Loving it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:44 am   
Golden Panther

It's great to be wrong sometimes :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:10 pm   
Juvenile Panther

:
FIU Beisbol wrote:
It's great to be wrong sometimes :)

:lol: Is it football season yet? Geesh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:08 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Sauce Bros !!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:47 pm   
Golden Panther

Can't wait to see Big Saucy blow up that kid at FAU claiming to be the top JUCO center in the country.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:55 am   
Golden Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:
Can't wait to see Big Saucy blow up that kid at FAU claiming to be the top JUCO center in the country.

Quote:
Former Rocky Mountain High center Zack Bennett verbally committed to a full-ride scholarship from the Idaho State football program Wednesday as part of its 2018 recruiting class, picking the Bengals over an offer from fellow FCS program Southeast Missouri State.

Quote:
“I didn’t really consider any other school but ISU because I’m from Idaho,” he said. “I’m going to be committed to them unless I get a dream offer.”

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article156674899.html

#1????

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:25 am   
Golden Panther

FIU4ever wrote:
JulesFIU07 wrote:

Quote:
Former Rocky Mountain High center Zack Bennett verbally committed to a full-ride scholarship from the Idaho State football program Wednesday as part of its 2018 recruiting class, picking the Bengals over an offer from fellow FCS program Southeast Missouri State.

Quote:
“I didn’t really consider any other school but ISU because I’m from Idaho,” he said. “I’m going to be committed to them unless I get a dream offer.”

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article156674899.html

#1????

As I said, claiming.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next