It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:21 am

5star JUCO DT?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:46 am   
Golden Panther

According to 247 sports, Zack Bennett is a hard to commit to FAU as of January January 19, 2018. But who cares? He hasn't signed yet. I only care about FIU commits.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:22 am   
Golden Panther

FIU Beisbol wrote:
According to 247 sports, Zack Bennett is a hard to commit to FAU as of January January 19, 2018. But who cares? He hasn't signed yet. I only care about FIU commits.

I just want to see Humphrey and Spencer dominate the interior, but would especially enjoy watching them blow up someone that full of themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:31 am   
Golden Panther

Kid seems like an idiot.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:40 am   
Puma

JulesFIU07 wrote:
FIU Beisbol wrote:

I just want to see Humphrey and Spencer dominate the interior, but would especially enjoy watching them blow up someone that full of themselves.

Can we lower the expectations a bit, please. A lot can happen between now and football season: think, grades, injuries, etc. Also, what if, our guys turn out to be duds or the FAU guy turns out to be a stud.

All I'm asking is to temper our expectations a little. I too have high hopes for FIU football but dang let's not pretend FIU will flat out dominate everyone next year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:54 am   
Golden Panther

TheFIUtheproud wrote:
JulesFIU07 wrote:
FIU Beisbol wrote:

Can we lower the expectations a bit, please. A lot can happen between now and football season: think, grades, injuries, etc. Also, what if, our guys turn out to be duds or the FAU guy turns out to be a stud.

All I'm asking is to temper our expectations a little. I too have high hopes for FIU football but dang let's not pretend FIU will flat out dominate everyone next year.

I don't think it's a stretch to believe Humphrey and Tart, assuming they make it to campus, beast it next year. That's different than saying FIU will flat out dominate everyone. We signed two fantastic players. Let's be excited about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:04 am   
Golden Panther

Building A Dynasty wrote:
I don't think it's a stretch to believe Humphrey and Tart, assuming they make it to campus, beast it next year. That's different than saying FIU will flat out dominate everyone. We signed two fantastic players. Let's be excited about it.

Seconding this. Wanting the two most highly rated recruits in program history to do well, and expecting two players that were being pursued by Bama to beast out isn't the same thing as saying we are about to go to a NY6.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:46 am   
Golden Panther

TheFIUtheproud wrote:
JulesFIU07 wrote:
FIU Beisbol wrote:

We're excited for FIU football. Makes sense. Yes, I'm hoping our studs can all make it on campus, make grades, injury free. I hope they can be immediate impact players. All high hopes.

I just want to be competitive. My goal for next season, a winning record, another bowl game. That's all for now. A conference championship is still tough. FAU is the top of the class right now in our conference.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:50 am   
Golden Panther

Agree with your points, Béisbol, as well as BAD and Jules. Let us all cross our fingers these signees all report to campus injury-free and immediately contribute towards another successful season. There’s reason for optimism and hope at this time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:09 pm   
Puma

FIU Fanatic wrote:
Agree with your points, Béisbol, as well as BAD and Jules. Let us all cross our fingers these signees all report to campus injury-free and immediately contribute towards another successful season. There’s reason for optimism and hope at this time.

I don't disagree with any of this. I too am hoping for a perfect record. I'm hoping for the best. My point was that going on record (i.e, here) with exceptional optimism is a recipe for future pain. Again, let's just go with guarded and unpretentious optimism. I will always root for FIU. And I will always wish that I am wrong when I find fault with FIU. In other words, if I pick against FIU, I hope that I am wrong. Just saying let's temper down any expectations. That's all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:28 pm   
Golden Panther

TheFIUtheproud wrote:
FIU Fanatic wrote:

I don't disagree with any of this. I too am hoping for a perfect record. I'm hoping for the best. My point was that going on record (i.e, here) with exceptional optimism is a recipe for future pain. Again, let's just go with guarded and unpretentious optimism. I will always root for FIU. And I will always wish that I am wrong when I find fault with FIU. In other words, if I pick against FIU, I hope that I am wrong. Just saying let's temper down any expectations. That's all.

Saying we want one guy who hasn't set foot on our campus to show up another guy who hasn't set foot on another campus isn't the same thing as over-the-top prognostications.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:53 pm   
Golden Panther

Speaking of high expectations, does anybody know if the kid who bit off somebody's ear ever ended up going to a four-year school? Seems the perfect prospect for the Lane Train.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:15 am   
Puma

Diagodog wrote:
Speaking of high expectations, does anybody know if the kid who bit off somebody's ear ever ended up going to a four-year school? Seems the perfect prospect for the Lane Train.

University of Arizona, if I recall correctly.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:16 am   
Puma

JulesFIU07 wrote:
TheFIUtheproud wrote:
FIU Fanatic wrote:

Saying we want one guy who hasn't set foot on our campus to show up another guy who hasn't set foot on another campus isn't the same thing as over-the-top prognostications.

Fair enough.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:39 pm   
Golden Panther

Looks like Big Saucy is on campus.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:19 pm   
Golden Panther

No ketchup. Just sauce... raw sauce.

Official Name:
State University of Florida at Miami, or
Miami State University of Florida, or
Miami Florida State University

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next