It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:59 am

2018 Recruiting Targets

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:34 am   
Cougar

Building A Dynasty wrote:
reinierguerra wrote:
I saw the tweet too but it was deleted soon after.

I think the most likely scenario is that kids didn't want to make it public yet, or that at least one of them backed out of the commitment, we'll probably never find out haha.

Huh? I can still see the Renner tweet, but didn't see any public commitments today.

When i saw it i tried to type a reply and it wouldn't let me send it because it was supposedly a deleted tweet, but you are right i can see it now too. Well the suspense is real and so is the excitement haha.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:19 pm   
Golden Panther

Anyone know anything about this?

One of them appears to be WR Zahir Turner from Booker T. Washington HS. The other?

DL coach Kenny Holmes tweeted a couple of hours ago that this is "an amazing day" for FIU Football. Could the other one be a DL?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:00 pm   
Cougar

That tweet by coach Holmes was retweeted by John Bolding lll and his mother, could it possibly be Tayland Humphrey (not sure i spelled it right) but you know who im talking about, the other sauce brother.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:21 pm   
Golden Panther

Apparently we had another commitment today in addition to Rocky. This means there are now two commitments that are not public. Interesting....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:25 pm   
Golden Panther

Also, I'm guessing the second one today was a DB since coach Thatch was tagged in the tweet.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:59 am   
Golden Panther

Also, I'm guessing the second one today was a DB since coach Thatch was tagged in the tweet.

Yes, that's exactly my deduction from that post, the other one could be a DB.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:56 am   
Cougar

idk why i get the feeling that the other silent commitment is Tayland Humphrey.

I guess we'll find out, or not haha.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:01 am   
Cougar

btw i know we did this last year and got burned on National Signing Day, but 247 sports has a crystal ball prediction that he lands on FIU, it's super early to be looking at predictions but he'd be an awesome get for our program.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:55 am   
Golden Panther

I don't know, but there's a possibility that one of the two that were mentioned earlier wasn't a 2018 commitment per se, but when the FIU administration officially accepted Joshua Little to FIU. He is a Defensive Lineman who would (I'm almost sure) be ready to join the team immediately for this coming 2017 season. The other one, as we know, was local WR Zahir Turner.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:14 am   
Golden Panther

FIU Fanatic wrote:
I don't know, but there's a possibility that one of the two that were mentioned earlier wasn't a 2018 commitment per se, but when the FIU administration officially accepted Joshua Little to FIU. He is a Defensive Lineman who would (I'm almost sure) be ready to join the team immediately for this coming 2017 season. The other one, as we know, was local WR Zahir Turner.

Possibly. Although Renner's tweet a few days ago about the Zahir Turner + 1 commitments specifically referred to the class of 2018. So I still think there is a commitment out there we do not know about.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:19 am   
Golden Panther

Bryce Oliver, a consensus 3-star WR from Dillard, has listed FIU in his top 7:

In a scout video, Oliver mentions possibly taking an official visit to FIU at some point, although Kentucky and Louisville are leading for him at this point:

http://www.scout.com/Article/ACC-SEC-Schools-Shift-out-Front-for-Florida-Based-WR-Bryce-Olive-105883089

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:32 pm   
Golden Panther

Tyler Steen, a 3-star DE from St. Thomas Aquinas, has listed FIU as his favorite right now. FIU is recruiting him to play OT. He the size to do it, at 6'5". Here's an article and video which talks about his recruitment a bit:

http://scout.com/college/football/recruiting/Article/Versatile-Lineman-Tyler-Steen-Leaning-Towards-Staying-Put-in-Sou-105974833

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:31 pm   
Golden Panther

Steen has offers from Purdue, Mississippi State, Illinois, Pitt, Cincinnati, Columbia, East Carolina, Army, Memphis, and FAU.

FIU being his leader with all these offers is pretty encouraging.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:34 am   
Golden Panther

reinierguerra wrote:
btw i know we did this last year and got burned on National Signing Day, but 247 sports has a crystal ball prediction that he lands on FIU, it's super early to be looking at predictions but he'd be an awesome get for our program.

There's a December signing period now. It's up to FIU to get them to sign and not hold out and seek "bigger" offers come January/February.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:29 pm   
Golden Panther

Donovan Georges, a 6'1/238 ILB from Champagnat Catholic HS in Miami, lists Pitt, USF, Colorado State, and FIU among his 4 schools he will visit, according to an interview with Scout.com. Georges was a former Georgia commit, and reportedly has had offers from Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Louisville, Miami, Michigan State, West Virginia, Indiana, Pitt, Syracuse, Temple, and Colorado State.

Impressive list of schools that reportedly has offered him, a consensus 3-Stars player.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next