It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:56 pm

2018 Recruiting Targets

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next
 PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:42 am   
Juvenile Panther

reinierguerra wrote:
Keep an eye out for Tutu Atwell, the tweet below was liked by 2 of our coaches, Tim Harris Jr and Aubrey Hill.

He has been begging publicly for a chance to play QB and we all know how much of a need we have at that position.

Isn't he 5'8? Yeah, about that playing quarterback thing, not so sure...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:47 am   
Golden Panther

Building A Dynasty wrote:
Really glad y'all found my summary helpful. I thought about adding Hamilton Hall, but I figured he was too much of a long-shot. You never know!

In regard to "big surprises" I'm not sure if that's coach speak, trying to hype up the potential signings, or if we really do have some 4-star players out there that might flip/sign with us (Carter Bradley?).

In regard to losing any potential commitments, that would be really disappointing. I will point out, I haven't seen anything on Twitter about coaches making in-home visits to either Nathaniel Dell or Raymond Horton out of Mainland High. I believe the staff visited every other commit. It's possible they did visit these guys and they didn't post it, or maybe FIU is moving on from them? Regardless, both their Twitter accounts claim they are still FIU commits.

As I pointed out yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if the Mainland guys decommit. Raymond Horton announced his decommitment today:

Interestingly, he appeared to post a pro-Michigan image afterward??? He also tweeted about switching to fullback. Not sure what that's about. Anyway, best of luck to you, Raymond!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:49 am   
Golden Panther

theDude wrote:
reinierguerra wrote:
Keep an eye out for Tutu Atwell, the tweet below was liked by 2 of our coaches, Tim Harris Jr and Aubrey Hill.

He has been begging publicly for a chance to play QB and we all know how much of a need we have at that position.

Isn't he 5'8? Yeah, about that playing quarterback thing, not so sure...

I agree. 5'8" and 150 lbs. He's a twig.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:49 am   
Golden Panther

In regard to Tutu, yes he is not the ideal height for a QB, but the dude can flat out play. He is an elite athlete, and posted the top vertical jump and shuttle times of any player at the Nike Miami Opening earlier this year. Even if it doesn't work out at QB, he would be a great slot receiver, which is why he is currently committed to a program like Louisville. Tutu would be a huge add, period.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:58 am   
Golden Panther

In regard to Tutu, yes he is not the ideal height for a QB, but the dude can flat out play. He is an elite athlete, and posted the top vertical jump and shuttle times of any player at the Nike Miami Opening earlier this year. Even if it doesn't work out at QB, he would be a great slot receiver, which is why he is currently committed to a program like Louisville. Tutu would be a huge add, period.

I hope he has a great jump pas then. He's going to have to throw over 6'5" offensive and defensive linemen.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:04 pm   
Puma

Really glad y'all found my summary helpful. I thought about adding Hamilton Hall, but I figured he was too much of a long-shot. You never know!

In regard to "big surprises" I'm not sure if that's coach speak, trying to hype up the potential signings, or if we really do have some 4-star players out there that might flip/sign with us (Carter Bradley?).

In regard to losing any potential commitments, that would be really disappointing. I will point out, I haven't seen anything on Twitter about coaches making in-home visits to either Nathaniel Dell or Raymond Horton out of Mainland High. I believe the staff visited every other commit. It's possible they did visit these guys and they didn't post it, or maybe FIU is moving on from them? Regardless, both their Twitter accounts claim they are still FIU commits.

As I pointed out yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if the Mainland guys decommit. Raymond Horton announced his decommitment today:

Interestingly, he appeared to post a pro-Michigan image afterward??? He also tweeted about switching to fullback. Not sure what that's about. Anyway, best of luck to you, Raymond!

Nothing against him, but if he heard from Michigan it has to be as a preferred walk on spot, according to 247 sports he didn't have any other offers besides us. Either way best of luck to him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:09 pm   
Golden Panther

More room for 3+ star commits FIU really wants...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:26 pm   
Juvenile Panther

He looks like a great athlete, so I'd love to have him. I'm just saying outside of the occasional wildcat formation, I doubt any school is putting him behind center.

FIU Beisbol wrote:

More room for 3+ star commits FIU really wants...

Exactly.

And, both the Mainland kids feel out of place. We have enough receivers (both on the roster and currently committed) and the lineman is just small... One thing I remember Butch saying about last year's recruiting class is that they were seeking "length." Most of commits give us that. The Mainland kids don't.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:46 pm   
Golden Panther

I can't wait to see which players we pull in. The next few days should be hectic and fun.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:33 pm   
Puma

With the addition of Joshua Sanders we are now second in Conference USA recruiting heading into Early National Signing Day. Ahead of us is only Western Kentucky with 24 commitments and 23 rated while we only have 15 rated.

Tomorrow should be fun boys.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:41 pm   
Golden Panther

The quality of the prospects in this class is outstanding so far. I'm loving the average rating we have going.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:53 pm   
Golden Panther

Great pick ups! I'm telling you. Tomorrow will be fun. As long as they all sign on the dotted line.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:56 pm   
Golden Panther

Quality is excellent so far! Can't wait to see if we actually get everyone we want to sign, and to see if we do land a "surprise" player or two we don't have in our board. The different thing this year, is that we have now this "early signing period", which I don't know how/if some of the kids we want to sign will actually do that or wait until the February NSD. This is fun. Too bad I will be caught flying tomorrow to Tampa during the morning to miss all of the fun.

Go FIU!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:27 pm   
Golden Panther

So in an interesting development, 247 Sports just so happened to update with a new "top target." It's local product Randy Charlton, a consensus 3-star DE from Miami Southridge Senior High. I can't confirm this anywhere else, but this writer claims Charlton apparently took a visit to FIU on Dec 2:

All the chatter on Twitter is him between either IU or Syracuse, but his personal Tweets aren't necessarily very pro either one. I think he is a much more likely surprise than a guy like Tutu Atwell, who seems pretty sold on Louisville.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:55 pm   
Golden Panther

So in an interesting development, 247 Sports just so happened to update with a new "top target." It's local product Randy Charlton, a consensus 3-star DE from Miami Southridge Senior High. I can't confirm this anywhere else, but this writer claims Charlton apparently took a visit to FIU on Dec 2:

All the chatter on Twitter is him between either IU or Syracuse, but his personal Tweets aren't necessarily very pro either one. I think he is a much more likely surprise than a guy like Tutu Atwell, who seems pretty sold on Louisville.

Nice find, 'Building. I'm surprised he took a visit to FIU, as it's obvious it was kept quiet. I like the way you think as well. Remember we have had success recruiting Southridge last season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next