It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:36 pm

2018 Recruiting Targets

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:50 pm   
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:01 pm   
Golden Panther

Welcome to FIU, Christian!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:19 pm   
Puma

I'm a bit surprised. Did not expect another RB, specially after we seemingly backed off of Papillon.

Nonetheless welcome to FIU.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:36 pm   
Golden Panther

FIUPantherFan wrote:

Welcome to the family!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:43 pm   
Golden Panther

I like this signing. 3-star running back with offers from Yale, Dartmouth, Naval Academy etc Must have great academics in addition to the 4.4 speed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:44 am   
Golden Panther

OC Panther wrote:
I like this signing. 3-star running back with offers from Yale, Dartmouth, Naval Academy etc Must have great academics in addition to the 4.4 speed.

That's true, didn't think of that. Our RB's should be deep this season. Of course, we know FIU will probably red shirt some of them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:00 am   
Juvenile Panther

DeMarcus Townsend is probably a redshirt candidate, considering he's recuperating from a torn ACL suffered on September 28, 2017.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:11 am   
Golden Panther

fiu1994 wrote:
DeMarcus Townsend is probably a redshirt candidate, considering he's recuperating from a torn ACL suffered on September 28, 2017.

Good point.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:33 am   
Golden Panther

I think Townsend could be ready to play this season, but the staff will likely play it safe and redshirt him with the depth we have at the position. Speaking of that depth, this is just ridiculous now. He's our RB depth chart (in my opinion):

1) Anthony Jones
2) Napoleon Maxwell
3) Shawn Phillips (he could move up to #2 this year)
4) D'Vonte Price (give this man more touches)
5–7) DeMarcus Townsend, Christian Malloy, and Shaun Peterson Jr.

There are even more listed on the roster... Stacked.

In regard to Christian Malloy, I like his frame and how tough he runs. He reminds me of Shawn Phillips, but with a bit more speed. I must say, I am surprised we brought on another RB, even if Townsend redshirts. The only senior RB next year should be Maxwell. Imagine what the RB situation will look like in 2019!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:52 am   
Golden Panther

Building A Dynasty wrote:
I think Townsend could be ready to play this season, but the staff will likely play it safe and redshirt him with the depth we have at the position. Speaking of that depth, this is just ridiculous now. He's our RB depth chart (in my opinion):

1) Anthony Jones
2) Napoleon Maxwell

In regard to Christian Malloy, I like his frame and how tough he runs. He reminds me of Shawn Phillips, but with a bit more speed. I must say, I am surprised we brought on another RB, even if Townsend redshirts. The only senior RB next year should be Maxwell. Imagine what the RB situation will look like in 2019!

Malloy could also play slot in a situational role.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:17 pm   
Golden Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:

1) Anthony Jones
2) Napoleon Maxwell

Possibly, but this team already has multiple slot WRs. Scott, Gaiter, and Maloney all frequently function out of the slot. Price has lined up there before too. Maurquel Dillard may also play out of the slot. That's a lot of slot guys!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:19 pm   
Golden Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:

1) Anthony Jones
2) Napoleon Maxwell

Possibly, but this team already has multiple slot WRs. Scott, Gaiter, and Maloney all frequently function out of the slot. Price has lined up there before too. Maurquel Dillard may also play out of the slot. That's a lot of slot guys!

Works for the Pats.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:00 pm   
Puma

The depth at skill positions is pretty nice overall. We do lack the typical big dominant receiver (TO type) maybe Singleton can step into that role but at 5'10 he doesn't have the ideal height. Most of our receivers are under 6 feet, however from this class Dillard is 6'1 and Turner and Underwood are 6'0 hopefully one of them can man that outside spot.

TE also worries me a bit, i think Ivan Thomas will get a lot of playing time there early. He seems to be a much more advanced pass catcher than anyone else in our roster, the problem will be blocking for him.

We've gone over the DB's and how thin we are at corner but i'm sure coach will bring in/move some talent there.

Lastly our depth at D-Line is crazy. This is what i think our Depth Chart will look like:

DE- Silva DT-Humphrey DT- Teair Spencer DE- Woods
DE- Curtis DT-Jhonson DT- Juste DE- Oliver
DE- Broome/Rocky DT-Colston DT- Tarver DE-Jones/Sanders

That is a ton of depth/talent and a recipe for wins. They'll likely dominate or at least win the battle of the trenches at every game but Miami.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:34 pm   
Golden Panther

reinierguerra wrote:
The depth at skill positions is pretty nice overall. We do lack the typical big dominant receiver (TO type) maybe Singleton can step into that role but at 5'10 he doesn't have the ideal height. Most of our receivers are under 6 feet, however from this class Dillard is 6'1 and Turner and Underwood are 6'0 hopefully one of them can man that outside spot.

TE also worries me a bit, i think Ivan Thomas will get a lot of playing time there early. He seems to be a much more advanced pass catcher than anyone else in our roster, the problem will be blocking for him.

We've gone over the DB's and how thin we are at corner but i'm sure coach will bring in/move some talent there.

Lastly our depth at D-Line is crazy. This is what i think our Depth Chart will look like:

DE- Silva DT-Humphrey DT- Teair Spencer DE- Woods
DE- Curtis DT-Jhonson DT- Juste DE- Oliver
DE- Broome/Rocky DT-Colston DT- Tarver DE-Jones/Sanders

That is a ton of depth/talent and a recipe for wins. They'll likely dominate or at least win the battle of the trenches at every game but Miami.

Agreed. I would like to see a bigger body outside to compliment Singleton. I think Shermar Thornton (listed at 5'11" on depth chart) has potential. He looks like he has gained some muscle and played well at the end of the year. He had that great TD grab against FAU. I think he and Singleton have a legit shot to be the #1 and #2 wide outs. I think Ivan Thomas will be a solid red zone threat. I can see him lining up at TE in goal-line formations and then getting motioned out for 1-on-1 matchups.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:14 pm   
Golden Panther

Ian Bunting, a 6'7" TE from Michigan will be leaving the program after graduating. He has a year of eligibility left. Maybe the staff will pursue him like they did with McKever as guys like Ivan Thomas and David O'Meara develop?

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Bolt/Ian-Bunting-announces-intentions-to-transfer-from-Michigan-114423020

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next