It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:32 am

2018 Recruiting Targets

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:26 pm   
Golden Panther

Tayland is saying he will be on campus in May. Awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:26 pm   
Golden Panther

That’a great and would be awesome news for our program!

#PawsUp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:33 pm   
Puma

I don't get why we are questioning whether this guys will show up to campus. I know there are cases where kids don't qualify but those are mostly out of high school. In fact this year we had a public signing Cadarius Gaskin that in the past would've probably been announced and wasn't because the kid has qualifying issues. I expect all of the high school kids we announce plus the 2 JC Transfers to show up for fall ball.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:40 pm   
Golden Panther

It’s my custom to be cautious about this, particularly when it comes to FIU Athletics. Years of stuff and freaky things makes you that way, I guess. Don’t worry, we are only 2 months away to find out if they are on campus.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:52 pm   
Golden Panther

FIU Fanatic wrote:
It’s my custom to be cautious about this, particularly when it comes to FIU Athletics. Years of stuff and freaky things makes you that way, I guess. Don’t worry, we are only 2 months away to find out if they are on campus.

100% agree with that line of thinking. These are kids. Lots of weird things can happen between now and August.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:19 pm   
Golden Panther

Plus, didn't we lose a DT from Boise State last year?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:16 am   
Golden Panther

I don't think that Mike Tyson II was ever a commit. Or if he was, it was squirrely from the very beginning. He is in Arizona now, where presumably everyone puts on an ear guard before they mess with him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:32 am   
Golden Panther

Diagodog wrote:
I don't think that Mike Tyson II was ever a commit. Or if he was, it was squirrely from the very beginning. He is in Arizona now, where presumably everyone puts on an ear guard before they mess with him.

He is a bad hombre!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:32 am   
Cougar

reinierguerra wrote:
I don't get why we are questioning whether this guys will show up to campus. I know there are cases where kids don't qualify but those are mostly out of high school. In fact this year we had a public signing Cadarius Gaskin that in the past would've probably been announced and wasn't because the kid has qualifying issues. I expect all of the high school kids we announce plus the 2 JC Transfers to show up for fall ball.

JUCO signees often do not make it to campus. That’s one of the problems with going that route.

Anyone hear anything recently on Teair Tart Spencer? Is he still planning on making it down this fall?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:38 am   
Puma

Great seeing Tayland Humphrey on campus... Now we play the waiting game on the rest of the class, more importantly Teair Spencer and Cadarius Gaskin, who worry me the most.

BTW a positive sign is that most of the coaching staff follow Gaskin on twitter. Thats the case for most signees but not for "Targets".

We'll see...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:51 am   
Golden Panther

Cadarius Gaskin is now listed on the roster! #44 though???

In other news it doesn’t look like Turner or Sanders made it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:00 am   
Golden Panther

That should mean compliance cleared him to play. Good news. we need the height and talent!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:50 am   
Golden Panther

Building A Dynasty wrote:
Cadarius Gaskin is now listed on the roster! #44 though???

In other news it doesn’t look like Turner or Sanders made it.

Shame, you would like to see everyone make it to campus. Fortunately we have a lot of talent that came in at WR, and some solid depth at DE, so we should be ok. Hope that everything works out for Turner and Sanders.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:53 am   
Golden Panther

Well, up until yesterday they were part of the roster, just not with an assigned number. Maybe it's not thay they are or will not be a part of the team necesarily, but perhaps grayshirted or added to numerical roster a bit later on.

At any rate, good to see Gaskin out there, and also a number of "new" names we will have to research on.

Go Panthers!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:09 am   
Puma

What happened to Nick Croawell?

Bummer on Sanders and Turner. Sanders has been listed as a DE everywhere but I recall that Butch was discussing on Signing Day that with his athleticism, length, and weight, he would play LB. If he was projected as a LB then its a bigger loss. As a DE, we can afford to lose him. Turner had some nice film and I recall some talk about him being a tremendous athlete. But agree with you guys that what can afford to lose him. There are plenty of other similar WRs in Florida (and on our roster). In any event, hope both make it in.

As to Devontay Taylor and Shaquille Williams, I thought both switched to OL?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next