phpBB [video]

Image at Image

ORLANDO, FLA.
SPECTRUM STADIUM
AUG 31 (THU) 6 P.M.
TV: CBS SPORTS NETWORK
RADIO: AM 790 THE TICKET
LINE: UCF -3

All stories and reports regarding FIU's 2017 Season Opener against UCF can be posted here. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:30 pm   
Golden Panther

Absolutely love this time of the year. Pumped up about this season and what the future entails with the new coach and leadership. God willing, I'll be there in UCF a week from today to see the beginning of the #ButchDavisEra.

Go Panthers!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:06 pm   
Golden Panther

Sadly, looks like I and the rest of 112 will miss this game.
Back up plan is to get together and watch it together.

Really excited and intrigued as to what the offense will look like and the defensive schemes too.

Can't wait to see what Coach Rich does with McGough.
How we will employe the Running backs with Price and Maxwell back anlong with phillips.

Such a great time of year.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:41 pm   
Golden Panther

Can't wait! Clean slate to start the year. I'm hoping for a miracle and we find a way to beat UCF, but I'm also realistic. Still have a full season ahead of us. Clean slate boys.

Go Panthers!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:21 pm   
Golden Panther

Game week is here!

I'm probably going to be watching at Public House in Ft Lauderdale (which is a UCF bar) if anyone wants to back me up!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:30 pm   
Cougar

has anyone seen a depth chart for the first game? its usually released a week out :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:48 am   
Site Admin

PREPARING FOR FIU’S BUTCH DAVIS PRESENTS A UNIQUE CHALLENGE

Quote:
“We’ll watch a few games from last year for personnel reasons and then we’re trying to find whatever tape we can and have our best guess at what they do,” said Head Coach Frost on Thursday. “We’re looking at a bunch of stuff. Coordinators are coming from different places, the head coach is coming from a different place, so we’re doing our best to decipher all of that.”

Butch Davis’ last stint was in North Carolina. Offensive Coordinator Rich Skrosky was Head Coach at Elon University in North Carolina but spent time as the offensive coordinator for Ball State. Defensive Coordinator Brent Guy was out of football in 2016, but was Tulsa’s defensive coordinator from 2011-2014.

There’s no continuity to build from, no coherent tape to really, truly predict from and only educated guesses to be made. Sound familiar? UCF was working with much of the same advantage in their own corner last season, especially with a roster that nobody knew much about. The double edged sword is that even FIU doesn’t have the complete picture of what it is they will be able to install and execute by next week.

http://knightnews.com/2017/08/preparing-for-fius-butch-davis-presents-a-unique-challenge/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:53 am   
Site Admin

Quote:
UCF coach Scott Frost was impressed with his team’s energy level Thursday going into preparations for next week’s season opener against FIU.

“They guys had a lot of energy today,” Frost said. “… I think the guys are anxious to play and they showed up with a lot of energy and had a great practice.”

The challenge facing the Knights and their coaching staff is one of the unknown. Butch Davis took over the FIU program in the offseason and much of his staff is new to the Golden Panthers.

“It’s a challenge,” Frost said. “But typically in your first game, you’re going to run what we’ve been practicing for fall camp, anyway.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/knights-notepad/os-sp-ucf-knights-news-0825-story.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:37 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Wow nice to see these gameweek threads... Go Panthers

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:04 pm   
Site Admin

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:13 pm   
Site Admin

Quote:
For some on the UCF football team, the season opener against FIU will help them finally recover from a disappointing Cure Bowl loss that closed the 2016 season.

But for sophomore running back Jawon Hamilton, a Miami native, getting another chance to do some damage against his former high school teammates is all that matters.

Hamilton was injured during the Knights’ 53-14 win over the Panthers last season and limited to 22 yards on eight carries. After missing out on a big opportunity to pad his stats, Hamilton said this year will give him a chance to show friends from his pre-collegiate days what he can do with the ball in his hands.

“I got hurt last year against FIU, so I feel like I have something to prove,” said Hamilton, a Miami South Dade High alum. “I feel like I need to feed off of last year. I have to go out there and give them something to remember.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/knights-notepad/os-sp-ucf-football-0828-story.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:21 pm   
Golden Panther

https://sportschatplace.com/cfb-picks/2 ... prediction

Quote:
FIU can only hope this is the year Alex McGough can stay healthy and finally play to his potential. If it is, the Golden Panthers have a chance to win some games this season. UCF made a lot of progress last year and has the potential to be even better with key returning players. However, one thing to remember in games like this one is that a lot of these players know each other from their high school days. This is a rivarly despite limited games against one another. These things tend to be close. Not to mention the road team has won the last three meetings. Give me the points.
Read more at https://sportschatplace.com/cfb-picks/2 ... pDZHaHt.99

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:31 am   
Golden Panther

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:36 am   
Puma

Love all the press from Orlando. Maybe one day the Herald will be doing a smidgen of the same. I suspect there will be a story on FIU-UCF Wednesday or Thursday in there, but today, for instance, we have to put up with one story about how no one knows who will play QB for Florida on Saturday and another listing the depth chart for UM's upcoming nail-biter against Bethune-Crockpot. Ah, such is life. Win some games, Coach!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:41 am   
Golden Panther

Diagodog wrote:
Love all the press from Orlando. Maybe one day the Herald will be doing a smidgen of the same. I suspect there will be a story on FIU-UCF Wednesday or Thursday in there, but today, for instance, we have to put up with one story about how no one knows who will play QB for Florida on Saturday and another listing the depth chart for UM's upcoming nail-biter against Bethune-Crockpot. Ah, such is life. Win some games, Coach!

FIu gets coverage once in a while... nothing like the university of coral gables though