It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:19 pm

GAMEDAY: F I U @ MTSU

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:39 pm   
Golden Panther

RoaryIsMyHomeboy wrote:
FIU Beisbol wrote:
This season was supposed to be automatic 6 wins. Terrible.

I'm curious what you are basing that on..?

It's going to be tough here on out but i think 6 wins should be the goal. Maybe we steal one or two and take care of business against Umass

Before the season i looked at our schedule. I thought we would be as good as the end of last season. Then we added UMASS. Between the wins we already have, I thought Tulane, Marshall, UTSA, ODU, and FAU were all winnable.

Now, I fear they will all be losses.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:45 pm   
Golden Panther

Same here to be honest, but thats why you play the game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:06 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Diagodog wrote:
So why didn't he get some studs this year?

Butch isn't really known as a top recruiter and wouldn't be as successful pulling in immediate highly rated transfers the way Kiffin, with his connections, could especially considering he has been out of coaching for a few years. Butch typically recognizes talent in underrated kids that he brings in and develops them into top football players. At least that is what he did at Miami where he created a monster football team filled with NFL talent (arguably one of the most star studded college football teams ever) even though he struggled for a few years initially and his recruiting classes were not among the highest ranked in the nation.

Besides, Kiffin is winning more due to the talent that Partridge pulled in for several years combined with the up tempo offense that Briles has brought in. Partridge, despite losing, consistently pulled in among the highest rated recruiting classes in the conference.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:36 pm   
Juvenile Panther

FIU Beisbol wrote:
RoaryIsMyHomeboy wrote:
FIU Beisbol wrote:
This season was supposed to be automatic 6 wins. Terrible.

I'm curious what you are basing that on..?

It's going to be tough here on out but i think 6 wins should be the goal. Maybe we steal one or two and take care of business against Umass

Before the season i looked at our schedule. I thought we would be as good as the end of last season. Then we added UMASS. Between the wins we already have, I thought Tulane, Marshall, UTSA, ODU, and FAU were all winnable.

Now, I fear they will all be losses.

I fear that too. That said, they're still winnable. While I don't think we'll reach 6, I wouldn't be surprised if we win one or two of the games you've stated. MTSU is generally one of the better teams in our conference. So, just cause they were missing their starting QB doesn't immediately put them on our level.

EngUMPanther wrote:
Diagodog wrote:
So why didn't he get some studs this year?

Butch isn't really known as a top recruiter and wouldn't be as successful pulling in immediate highly rated transfers the way Kiffin, with his connections, could especially considering he has been out of coaching for a few years. Butch typically recognizes talent in underrated kids that he brings in and develops them into top football players. At least that is what he did at Miami where he created a monster football team filled with NFL talent (arguably one of the most star studded college football teams ever) even though he struggled for a few years initially and his recruiting classes were not among the highest ranked in the nation.

Besides, Kiffin is winning more due to the talent that Partridge pulled in for several years combined with the up tempo offense that Briles has brought in. Partridge, despite losing, consistently pulled in among the highest rated recruiting classes in the conference.

I can't speak for the talent that Patridge left (though, from his record I question how strong his classes really were), but Kiffin is running on a crap-ton of JUCOs. He can't sustain that over a long period of time. Though, I wouldn't expect Kiffin at FAU for more than 2-3 seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:58 am   
Golden Panther

I knew before the game we'd lose to MTSU, even without their starting QB. But we got throttled pretty bad. I thought it would be closer. It really should have been closer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:48 pm   
Golden Panther

Partridge was FAU's Mario, great recruiter, horrible in-game coach. He left their cupboards well stocked.