It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:34 pm

GAMEDAY: Tulane @ FIU

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:02 pm   
Golden Panther

Guys, the game plan tonight was phenomenal. FIU really dominated this game. We forced Tulane to pass because we knew they couldn't. They only had NINE PASSING YARDS before the final drive. On offense, it was nice to see Price involved with a lot of jet sweep misdirection. I love the direction this team is headed....

Also to all the sky-is-falling posters..... About that.... Hah!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:04 pm   
Cougar

Never been so happy to be wrong!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:05 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Awesome to be so wrong on my prediction!

Great job Panthers.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:07 pm   
Golden Panther

I know this isn't game-related, really... but I have to say, the CUSA TV feed is poop. Paid for the first time today to watch it and I'm not impressed. They need to invest in some HD cameras or something. Watching the feed go out of focus all the time is super annoying.

Also... who the hell was running the sound board? They were constantly late on the radio feed coming back from breaks and I kept hearing feedback going into commercial breaks. Sounded like rookies.

Beyond that... I HATE THE DJ. HATE HATE HATE THE DJ. Why the hell is he even there? It's football, not a nightclub. Seriously. They need to get rid of him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:08 pm   
Golden Panther

WOW! Agree with the game planning, but hats off to the boys, e-x-e-c-u-t-i-o-n!

Hope restored! :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:10 pm   
Golden Panther

Don't it feel good to be a panther?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:10 pm   
Puma

Thats whats up! great to see the panthers with the W!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:17 pm   
Golden Panther

For those at the game, how was attendance? Looked pretty light for a homecoming game considering the team had a winning record :?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:25 pm   
Golden Panther

Clawing Cancer wrote:
Beyond that... I HATE THE DJ. HATE HATE HATE THE DJ. Why the hell is he even there? It's football, not a nightclub. Seriously. They need to get rid of him.

Agree Agree Agree Agree Agree

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:29 pm   
Golden Panther

This team needs to stop toying with my emotions. Miserable half. Great half. Miserable game. Great game. I can't take it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:55 pm   
Juvenile Panther

No matter what happens the rest of the year, I think we can be happy with the improvements that we have seen thus far. Great to see us pick up the win, winning six games would be $$$$ near magical in Butch's first year. Even if we don't reach six wins, I feel confident that the program is headed in the right direction. Go Panthers!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:08 pm   
Puma

Was at the game here is my report haha :

- players out (injury or suspended) Isiah Brown, Treyvon Williams, Anthony Wint, Jordan Guest, Anthony Johnson, Anthony Jones, Julian Williams. May have missed more.

- attendance was ok, both sidelines were about 75% full with the endzones completely empty for the most part. Btw walking into the stadium saw hundreds of students walking out from the taigate and onto campus not the stadium (we have to figure out how to get these kids into the game).

-Offense. D'votae Price will be a star for us, kid's got wheels and moves. Great to see Singlenton be a bigger part of the offense, also's got a bright future. Very good game on offense overall, i don't think Alex got sacked once and we ran for almost 200 yards. TO is a beast of course.

-Defense. Great performance despite missing their 2 best players. Highlights for me were Fermin Silva (at least 2 sacks) Bryce Canady, Brad Muhammad and Sage Lewis (kid is so big ans strong) . But have to say besides the missed tackel by Niko Gonzalez it was a great game fir just about everyone that played. Also good to see some freshman get involved 36 Dames, 94 Oliver and 90 Curtis.

Very happy we are 4-2 and a bowl game is very realistic.

Sorry for the long post.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:26 pm   
Golden Panther

Clawing Cancer wrote:
2 wins away from bowl eligibility... I have a hard time seeing how we don't get there at this point. This coaching staff is clearly winning games we weren't under Turner. Or MC, for that matter.

Absolutely, Turner is 0-6 and getting refired.

Thank me later. I bitched about the lack of Freshman earning PT. And tonight we saw the future, in Price and Singleton!!?

Next, I want to see the Freshman OL earn PT!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:28 pm   
Cougar

This was good to see (could not attend thought); we are seeing the start of Butch magic here at FIU. These boys fight to the very end, and with a lot of hart, Davis and the rest of the coaching team, are making the changes we need they just have to keep it up.

But this feels good, real good; two big wins this weekend, from two Miami college teams...

FYI just saw a news report on NBC6 about our win tonight, that feels good, we need more of that...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:08 am   
Site Admin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next