No more FAU-FIU hate

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:51 am   
Juvenile Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:
FAU Connoisseur wrote:
voss749 wrote:
I never said I did but you do speak for the FAU community? Really? Dumbass.

Ding dong there was ZERO FSU fans rooting for Miami last night. I know you are from a generation of timeouts and participation trophies but the fact of the matter is the only think I enjoy more than an FAU win is an FIU loss. The only time I like to see them win is if it helps us. I take joy in their misery, as they do ours. Having said that hope you guys make it up to Boca next week. Go OWLS!

Says someone who came from a generation with pensions, heavily subsidized post-secondary education, and a guaranteed government check waiting for them in retirement?

But yeah it is millennials, who had to take out crushing debt, who don't have job security because of "right-to-work" laws, who may not have social security, and who definitely don't have pensions that are coddled.

No pension here Milli and I am not expecting social security to be anything significant to rely on for retirement. As for your crushing loan debt stop pursuing degrees that have no marketability in the work force. Pursue education, science, math, accounting, nursing, engineering. If you take a generic business degrees or some liberal arts degree be prepared to have a tough time. If your family is not wealthy you don't have the luxury of taking such degrees.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:26 am   
Golden Panther

FAU Connoisseur wrote:

No pension here Milli and I am not expecting social security to be anything significant to rely on for retirement. As for your crushing loan debt stop pursuing degrees that have no marketability in the work force. Pursue education, science, math, accounting, nursing, engineering. If you take a generic business degrees or some liberal arts degree be prepared to have a tough time. If your family is not wealthy you don't have the luxury of taking such degrees.
[/quote]

Individual anecdotes are not a substitute for broad statistical facts. Fact is the boomers are America's coddled generation. The other fact is that the downward pressure on the labor market is a direct result of you all having to work longer because of your wild fiscal irresponsibility.

Another fact, early millennials are more prudent savers and investors than boomers. Big houses, big cars, crushing credit card and mortgage debt, America's glut of retail spaces; that's all you guys, America's real "me generation."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:33 am   
Juvenile Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:
FAU Connoisseur wrote:

Individual anecdotes are not a substitute for broad statistical facts. Fact is the boomers are America's coddled generation. The other fact is that the downward pressure on the labor market is a direct result of you all having to work longer because of your wild fiscal irresponsibility.

Another fact, early millennials are more prudent savers and investors than boomers. Big houses, big cars, crushing credit card and mortgage debt, America's glut of retail spaces; that's all you guys, America's real "me generation."[/quote]

Recent research has shown that empirical evidence for globalization of corporate innovation is very limited and as a corollary the market for technologies is shrinking. As a world leader, it's important for America to provide systematic research grants for our scientists. I believe strongly there will always be a need for us to have a well-articulated innovation policy with emphasis on human resource development. Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:46 am   
Golden Panther

FAU Connoisseur wrote:
JulesFIU07 wrote:
FAU Connoisseur wrote:

Another fact, early millennials are more prudent savers and investors than boomers. Big houses, big cars, crushing credit card and mortgage debt, America's glut of retail spaces; that's all you guys, America's real "me generation."

I am not a Boomer, but I believe in personal responsibility and the constant blaming everyone else for your obstacles is exhausting. Back to rivalry week or game week for you guys (since the U is your rival).[/quote]

Who is blaming? You cannot talk about a group being coddled when the extent of that coddling is a participation trophy, something of no tangible value; versus their parents' generation literally being given a fiscal leg up, and then subsequently blowing that because no one asked them to be responsible adults.

As for this game, I hope we were looking ahead last week, because we need to show up this week.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:49 pm   
Golden Panther

wow...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:39 pm   
Puma

FAU Connoisseur wrote:

Recent research has shown that empirical evidence for globalization of corporate innovation is very limited and as a corollary the market for technologies is shrinking. As a world leader, it's important for America to provide systematic research grants for our scientists. I believe strongly there will always be a need for us to have a well-articulated innovation policy with emphasis on human resource development. Thank you.

Well done, Frank the Tank.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:37 pm   
Puma

Why are we having a back and forth argument between two FAU fans? Shouldn't they take this to their own board? lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:51 pm   
Juvenile Panther

GoldenPantherFan wrote:
FAU Connoisseur wrote:

Well done, Frank the Tank.

Very happy someone noticed!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:16 pm   
Juvenile Panther

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ow-winning

in case you missed it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:26 pm   
Golden Panther

FAU Connoisseur wrote:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21493936/florida-atlantic-coach-lane-kiffin-having-fun-now-winning

in case you missed it

The most exciting thing to happen to Boca since botox.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:59 pm   
Juvenile Panther

[quote="JulesFIU07"][quote="FAU Connoisseur"]http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21493936/florida-atlantic-coach-lane-kiffin-having-fun-now-winning

in case you missed it[/quote]

The most exciting thing to happen to Boca since botox.[/quote]

Obviously you haven’t been to Boca in about 30 years and btw you live in Sweetwater