It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:11 pm

College Gameday in Miami - FIU time to shine

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:59 pm   
Golden Panther

Lots of hidden Cane love coming to the surface in this thread.

Makes me sick.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:54 pm   
Golden Panther

pikedanny wrote:

Makes me sick.

Eh, I just don't know how showing up with anti-UM signs raises FIU's profile. Shouldn't the goal be to raise our profile?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:14 pm   
Puma

JulesFIU07 wrote:
pikedanny wrote:

Makes me sick.

Eh, I just don't know how showing up with anti-UM signs raises FIU's profile. Shouldn't the goal be to raise our profile?

I promise you that real UMiami students do not care if FIU comes in and crashes the party or if there is a sign that says "The real Miami school".

I do agree that we might get more exposure if we only focus on Pro-Butch or Pro-FIU signs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:26 pm   
Puma

pikedanny wrote:

Makes me sick.

Yeah, me too. The one guy that is an FIU alum and going to UM now, that is understandable as he is an actual UM student. The other people are like the majority of all UM fans, never went to the school, the school never did anything for them but they are still loyal to that school.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:28 pm   
Golden Panther

HugoGP1 wrote:
JulesFIU07 wrote:
pikedanny wrote:

Makes me sick.

I promise you that real UMiami students do not care if FIU comes in and crashes the party or if there is a sign that says "The real Miami school".

I do agree that we might get more exposure if we only focus on Pro-Butch or Pro-FIU signs.

Outside of the bloc that shows up in the student section for games, no I don't think a large number really care. I do think the administration is petty enough to boot people off.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:32 pm   
Cougar

Panthers2008 wrote:
pikedanny wrote:

Makes me sick.

Yeah, me too. The one guy that is an FIU alum and going to UM now, that is understandable as he is an actual UM student. The other people are like the majority of all UM fans, never went to the school, the school never did anything for them but they are still loyal to that school.

Not supporting UM, just saying don't be assholes when you go, shitting on the school. It can come back to bite you in the ass when we play them in 2019 lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:25 pm   
Puma

[/quote]Outside of the bloc that shows up in the student section for games, no I don't think a large number really care. I do think the administration is petty enough to boot people off.[/quote]

Jules, I agree with you 100%

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:24 pm   
Juvenile Panther

If i lived down there, i would for sure be interested in doing something FIU related at the UM College Gameday.

If you do end up going, remember that at these types of things it really is "Brains over brawn". The most clever wins the sign game, not necessarily the hater, especially when the hater has no horse in the game of the day.

I do like the "2019 Spread is for FIU" or "Hello from your Noisey Neighbors FIU" or "HEY ESPN, BUTCH DAVIS IS AT FIU!" or "THE CUBAN COFFEE IS BETTER AT FIU"\

Just my two cents :)

#PawsUp

See you guys at the FAU GAME!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:09 pm   
Cougar

Panthers2008 wrote:
pikedanny wrote:

Makes me sick.

The problem is so many FIU kids grew up UM fans and didn’t make it so instead they had to go FIU. This makes me so upset as a proud FIU alumn but the only way to change it is to have continued success in academics and athletics. Unfortunately, the administration wants to have like 100,000 students most being online so how the hell are we going to create that feeling of pride when basically anyone who gave 10% effort in HS can get in to FIU. Make getting into FIU a little tougher and win some $$$$ games and people will have more pride.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:07 am   
Golden Panther

I think it's a great idea for FIU fans to show up. I would suggest a lot of FIU flags and a few signs that promote FIU. The more blue and gold the better. Hating on UM doesn't do much for FIU.

Promote FIU, that's the best we can do. Let's show the national television audience that we are strong and independent. We don't have to bash FIU to make our school look strong. Let's be strong on our own accord.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:57 am   
Golden Panther

I can agree that we should be raising the profile of FIU and not even mentioning the school in Coral Gables. My posts on here have been a reaction to the mental gymnastics some on here have gone through to justify their hidden love for UCG. Whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

For me, it's simple. I went to FIU. I made lifelong friendships at FIU. I made a career out of my education at FIU. And I am grateful to FIU. No one else. My allegiance is with alma mater. Plain and simple.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:09 pm   
Golden Panther

weekend_warrior wrote:
Panthers2008 wrote:
pikedanny wrote:

Makes me sick.

Not supporting UM, just saying don't be assholes when you go, shitting on the school. It can come back to bite you in the ass when we play them in 2019 lol

**We play UM next season '18 not 19...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:09 pm   
Cougar

pikedanny wrote:
I can agree that we should be raising the profile of FIU and not even mentioning the school in Coral Gables. My posts on here have been a reaction to the mental gymnastics some on here have gone through to justify their hidden love for UCG. Whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

For me, it's simple. I went to FIU. I made lifelong friendships at FIU. I made a career out of my education at FIU. And I am grateful to FIU. No one else. My allegiance is with alma mater. Plain and simple.

Amen

FIUPIKE wrote:

**We play UM next season '18 not 19...

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/colle ... 50798.html

Unless they changed it again, dates moved to 2019 and 2021

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:52 pm   
Golden Panther

Like many others here, I grew up a Canes fan. The first college football game I ever watched was the 83 Orange Bowl. But all the allegiance died the day I got my acceptance letter from FIU.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:59 pm   
Golden Panther

I think that the idea of trying to crash UM's party is about the lamest ever. There is NO sign that will come off as anything other than offensive or counter-productive, making the bearer and FIU look like wannabes at worst and wimps at best. Better to spend time trying to round up a band of rowdies to attend the FIU-ODU game, IMHO. And pray that BD's long-range plan is to be competitive when the clashes between us'n and them'n take place.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next