It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:02 pm

College Gameday in Miami - FIU time to shine

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:46 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Appears that College Gameday will be at UCG's campus (Coral Gables) next week. I'll be there with a few buddies rocking our FIU gear and FIU signs. I want to encourage everyone who can make it to come and support your FIU panthers on national television.

I'd like to use this thread to coordinate our efforts. I'll be there bright and early. Thinking 6-6:30 am. We can all meet at a central location beforehand and walk in together.

My sign will be - Butch Davis da gawd!!
Other thoughts include - 305 = FIU and FIU = real univ of Miami

Let me know what you guys think and who would be interested in joining.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:50 pm   
Cougar

You are very brave or dumb to do such a thing in a sea of orange and green. But, I like that you have the balls to do so. If I didn’t have to work I'll be right with you....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:27 am   
Golden Panther

Great idea. I may come along. Thinking of the following signs:

"100% Pure scUM"

"You can't spell scum without UM"

"$$$$ the CANES"

"scUM = OVERRATED"

"Sebastian has a VAGINA"

"EARLY VEGAS LINE:
FIU vs scUM
Sept 22nd, 2018
FIU -5 1/2"

"Why am I not a scUM fan? I actually have a college degree"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:15 am   
Cougar

Being an FIU alumn and current UM student this kind of anti UM behavior really makes us few FIU fans look like complete idiots. We don’t have to be compared to UM. We will likely never be comparable. Let’s just enjoy our great 6-2 season.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:25 am   
Golden Panther

FIUFan24 wrote:
Being an FIU alumn and current UM student this kind of anti UM behavior really makes us few FIU fans look like complete idiots. We don’t have to be compared to UM. We will likely never be comparable. Let’s just enjoy our great 6-2 season.

Nah. We good. F Da U.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:57 am   
Golden Panther

FIUFan24 wrote:

I agree... the only time I root against the Canes is when we have played them. I grew up going to games in the orange bowl. Until we have a National Championship, I think its silly. This city is big enough to support two programs.

Of course as an FIU alumn, my dollars and energy usually goes to FIU first.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:49 am   
Cougar

RoaryIsMyHomeboy wrote:
FIUFan24 wrote:

I agree... the only time I root against the Canes is when we have played them. I grew up going to games in the orange bowl. Until we have a National Championship, I think its silly. This city is big enough to support two programs.

Don't $$$$ on someone elses party. UM is having a really good season after years of mediocrity, and having anti UM signs will make us look like a bunch of assholes at worst or jealous at best. Last thing we need is negative attention , some FIU and UM fans getting into a fight and going viral.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:36 am   
Puma

I agree with people from FIU being present on gameday. I am sure FIU and Miami wants to show that there is TV potential for the upcoming games.

Miami students are not big into football and aren't usually from the city, so you would probably be fine by having those signs. I say people that are zealously passionate about Miami football are the ones did not go to the school and pretty much grew up with the team (I really doubt that they are going to be in gameday and Miami security would probably kick them out if they create a rawkus).

As for crashing into Miami's parade? C'mon man, its college football. I am also sure that they will probably talk about Butch's turn around in the FIU program.

Ps. There are four games that Miami gave employees 3 tickets for $1: Syracuse, GT, Virginia Tech, and Virginia. I think that helped inflate their attendance last night.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:12 am   
Juvenile Panther

weekend_warrior wrote:
RoaryIsMyHomeboy wrote:
FIUFan24 wrote:

Don't $$$$ on someone elses party. UM is having a really good season after years of mediocrity, and having anti UM signs will make us look like a bunch of assholes at worst or jealous at best. Last thing we need is negative attention , some FIU and UM fans getting into a fight and going viral.

I don't care for UM, but I think crashing their party, especially seeing as throughout most of our short history we sucked pretty hard, is stupid.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:19 am   
Golden Panther

I don't see why people can't go to GameDay and bring pro-FIU signs without having negative comments towards UM. I have no problem with a big group going and bringing signs saying FIU - Future C-USA champs, or something about Butch Davis being awesome. In fact, I think it's a fantastic idea. Just leave UM out of your signs and you should have no problems. People go to GameDays bringing signs about other programs all the time. But intentionally putting bad staff about UM is just asking for trouble....

Just my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:43 am   
Cougar

Building A Dynasty wrote:
I don't see why people can't go to GameDay and bring pro-FIU signs without having negative comments towards UM. I have no problem with a big group going and bringing signs saying FIU - Future C-USA champs, or something about Butch Davis being awesome. In fact, I think it's a fantastic idea. Just leave UM out of your signs and you should have no problems. People go to GameDays bringing signs about other programs all the time. But intentionally putting bad staff about UM is just asking for trouble....

Just my opinion.

Agreed. Just a giant cut out of this picture https://twitter.com/FIU_Rivals/status/9 ... 0859637760 on gameday would be hilarious. Hell, make some friends, bring them to FIU games.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:27 am   
Golden Panther

FIUFan24 wrote:

fcuk scUM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:52 am   
Cougar

Lol it would also be nice to have the casual support of UM fans. The scUM crap y’all throw around just makes us look inferior and jealous

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:27 pm   
Golden Panther

I definitely think it makes sense to show up to game day in Blue & Gold. It would also be worth it to bring pro-FIU signs. However, nothing is gained by taking shots at UM on their campus. It doesn't raise our profile on TV, and it creates opportunities for their police to ask us to leave.

Show up, be loud, be visible, and let them know you represent FIU.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:43 pm   
Cougar

Love the passion on this forum, but let's keep it classy fellas. Let the canes do their thing and we'll do ours. No need to embarrass ourselves on national tv, we're nowhere near UM's dominance this year nor should we expect to be in the next few years. Let's just be glad Butch has this program going in the right direction and let's focus on winning ball games, the rest will fall into place. I won't hate on UM's success, we're a little better than that. We just need to worry about building our own success story.