It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:09 pm

College Gameday in Miami - FIU time to shine

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:04 pm   
Golden Panther

Yes. I forgot to add that crashing their party with anti-UM signs makes us look like the petty, ugly, red-headed stepchild. Promote FIU without denigrating Miami. If we were playing them it would be different, but to take shots at them without having a dog in the fight is silly.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:41 pm   
Golden Panther

HooterHater wrote:
Yes. I forgot to add that crashing their party with anti-UM signs makes us look like the petty, ugly, red-headed stepchild. Promote FIU without denigrating Miami. If we were playing them it would be different, but to take shots at them without having a dog in the fight is silly.

Exactly!!!

Promote FIU. Don't even mention UM... They're a top 10 team right now. We would look silly trying to bark at them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:26 pm   
Golden Panther

How this idea for a sign:

"College Football flying south for the Winter"

Then you can show the UF / FSU logos crossed out. With the FIU and UM logos prominent. This way you may even get UM fans to support the idea.

Or you can just do one of those oversize printouts of Butch Davis smiling with his FIU golf visor. If it's goofy enough, I'm sure people will like it. Butch is still seen pretty favorably by most down here.

What time are you going again?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:25 am   
Golden Panther

I just want a ton of FIU flags waving in the air... Maybe some creative signs showcasing FIU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:38 am   
Golden Panther

FIU Beisbol wrote:
I just want a ton of FIU flags waving in the air... Maybe some creative signs showcasing FIU

THIS!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:37 am   
Golden Panther

Fcuk me. My business trip has been extended stuck in Philly, flying back Sat AM! Don't think I'll be able to make it. And I bought a massive FIU Panthers flag for the taping. :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:35 am   
Golden Panther

Quijote wrote:
Fcuk me. My business trip has been extended stuck in Philly, flying back Sat AM! Don't think I'll be able to make it. And I bought a massive FIU Panthers flag for the taping. :(

$$$$, mail it down to one of us and we'll make sure it flies high...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:03 pm   
Golden Panther

EFF UCG, i used to root for them but All about FIU now. I couldn’t care less for them, i want to take a FIU sign but from what I’m hearing you have to camp there the night before. I’m too old for that and would mess up my tailgate routine for our game.

I would love to see some students with FIU sign. Wait, so gameday on their campus then they have to drive 45 mins north to stadium? :mrgreen: muertos !!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:09 pm   
Cougar

Just received an email for anyone who’s curious:

Parking garages open at 5am
The pit will open at 6:30am first come first serve

Obviously show starts at 9am

Hope to see pro FIU signs... leave your anti UM signs at home

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:29 pm   
Golden Panther

FIU Beisbol wrote:
Quijote wrote:

$$$$, mail it down to one of us and we'll make sure it flies high...

It's actually being delivered by Fanatics as we speak. Tracking info says it will be delivered by EOD tomorrow. Private message me your cell and I'll text you details. I'll get it to you somehow!!! It is 3x5! Here is the one I ordered:

https://www.fanatics.com/college-fiu-pa ... 1582327990

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:08 pm   
Golden Panther

FIUJM wrote:
EFF UCG, i used to root for them but All about FIU now. I couldn’t care less for them, i want to take a FIU sign but from what I’m hearing you have to camp there the night before. I’m too old for that and would mess up my tailgate routine for our game.

I would love to see some students with FIU sign. Wait, so gameday on their campus then they have to drive 45 mins north to stadium? :mrgreen: muertos !!!

You won't have to camp out, just figure out how long it will take to get to their campus, wake up X amount of time before 5, and arrive when the the gates open. Or use public parking and walk over and be there by 6:30.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:54 am   
Golden Panther

MAYBE, and I do mean maybe: College Game Day 2019--FIU VS. UM

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:10 am   
Golden Panther

We play them next year 2018.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:44 am   
Golden Panther

FIUPIKE wrote:
We play them next year 2018.

No.

It was pushed pack after Butch was hired.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... story.html

I expect substantial stadium improvements or total expansion by 2021 or we'll be renting the Hard Rock for that one game too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:50 am   
Golden Panther

If any one of my Panther Family is heading to Gameday Production at Coral Gables, take a shot at FAU.

Something like .

"Butch will derail the LameTrain"

Or "LameTrain Next Stop:. Anywhere But Boca"

I'd keep from taking direct shots at duhU. But subtle one like..

"FIU where Miami really goes to school"
Or "Gameday is lost, there's no stadium here"

Enjoy guys. Will be cool to see at least one sign!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next