Site Admin

phpBB [video]

Miami, FL
Ricardo Silva Stadium
November 11 (SAT) 7:00 P.M.
TV: CUSA TV
RADIO: AM 790 THE TICKET
LINE: -7.5 FIU

All stories and reports regarding FIU's 2017 game against ODU can be posted here. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:37 pm   
Site Admin

Victory tasted sweet for the ODU football team, whose bowl hopes remain fleeting

Quote:
The Monarchs travel to Miami next weekend to take on

resurgent Florida International . The Panthers are 6-2 and likely bowl bound after Saturday’s victory over Texas-San Antonio.

After hosting 1-8 Rice, the Monarchs travel to Middle Tennessee, which may need a win to go to a bowl .

“I’ll talk to them tomorrow about the fact that FIU is a really good football team, but it doesn’t make any sense to talk about three weeks from now,” Wilder said.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:49 pm   
Golden Panther

I watched a bit of the ODU-FAU game (58-28 final) where it appeared that the young ODU QB was somewhat nimble. I wouldn't count them out, but I think that if there was a "trap" game, it was more likely to have been UTSA. If we can't score against this team, at home, I don't know who we can score against. Except for shutting out woeful Charlotte and scoring all of 6 points in the process, they are giving up in excess of 30 ppg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:12 pm   
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:47 pm   
Golden Panther

Loving the stadium broadcasts!!! 8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:21 pm   
Site Admin

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/conference-usa/florida-international-university/article182969196.html

Quote:
Given the program’s history, it’s shocking to ponder. But FIU could play in — and host — the Conference USA championship game on December 2.

The Panthers (6-2, 4-1) have won three straight games — all as underdogs — including Saturday night’s 14-7 win over Texas-San Antonio.

If the Panthers win the next three, they will cancel their December 2 date with visiting Massachusetts. In that scenario, FIU would host the C-USA title game if it has the best overall conference record or play on the road if the likely West winner prevails in a tie-breaker. (North Texas leads the West with a 5-1 league mark.)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:44 pm   
Golden Panther

I think Stadium is doing an outstanding job. Miles ahead of most of the other second-tier networks we've been on. The camerawork is excellent and the announcers and the color guys are good and the sideline gals are not only cute, they are knowledgeable. Stadium + Butch Davis=Worlds Ahead.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:57 pm   
Golden Panther

Diagodog wrote:
I think Stadium is doing an outstanding job. Miles ahead of most of the other second-tier networks we've been on. The camerawork is excellent and the announcers and the color guys are good and the sideline gals are not only cute, they are knowledgeable. Stadium + Butch Davis=Worlds Ahead.

Ron Thulin (play by play) and Madi Morris (sideline) have been covering C-USA for a while now. The knowledge of the conference they bring to the broadcast is second to none.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:11 pm   
Site Admin

Hate to disappoint guys, but this game is only on CUSA TV.

pikedanny wrote:
Diagodog wrote:

Ron Thulin (play by play) and Madi Morris (sideline) have been covering C-USA for a while now. The knowledge of the conference they bring to the broadcast is second to none.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:37 pm   
Golden Panther

C-USA.tv with AJ Ricketts? That's cool too.

If you're in South Florida, we need you in The Cage on Saturday!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:45 pm   
Golden Panther

Fill the cage this Saturday!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:52 pm   
Puma

I for one don't plan to miss any of the remaining games, including FAU.

You guys know if i can still buy season tickets? Regret not renewing them this season.

Also did anyone get their free tickets from the "Why not us" twitter picture on Bus promotion?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:00 pm   
Cougar

I think there needs to be some ground roots effort to fill the cage up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:48 pm   
Site Admin

Suspended Old Dominion football player charged with assaulting 2 women, court records show

Quote:
ODU announced Saturday that Williams was suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules, but offered no further explanation. Coach Bobby Wilder declined comment Saturday.

ODU officials said Monday that he was suspended on the day the incident occurred.

Williams, a sophomore from Dinwiddie County just outside of Petersburg, is the team's second-leading tackler. A redshirt sophomore, he has 68 tackles plus a forced fumble and fumble recovery.

Wilder earlier this season described the strong safety as one of ODU's most physical players.

"We bring him down into the box. He’s the eighth guy in the box, and he’s another linebacker," Wilder said. "Quite frankly, we want teams to look at him, receivers to look at him coming off the hash and go, ‘Oh boy’, I’d better be aware of this guy.' "

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:25 pm   
Site Admin