It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:33 am

Are you guys gonna show up?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:44 pm   
Cougar

We can talk all the smack we want but if butts are not in seats it really doesn't matter does it?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:23 pm   
Golden Panther

Section 112 will be there . 8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:53 am   
Golden Panther

I was there. I feel like a lot of alumni fans went to the UM game, or watched the game at home.

I'm still more disgusted at the student attendance. It's disgusting. FIU literally bribes students with free food and give away's and they won't show up. I see maybe 200 students in the stands out of 45,000. What the heck???

It's sad. Really pathetic. I see no hope for our fan base. Even with our best start in program history fans won't show up.

I have to be honest, this was a terrible time for UM to suddenly become relevant again. It's really killing our buzz. Local news only shows UM and doesn't even mention FIU.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:21 am   
Cougar

Miami in the top 10 just sucks all the oxygen out of FIU and FAU's great seasons. FAU does somewhat better in our student section because we have
about a 1000 more dorm students than FIU and we also don't have as much competition from UM.

President Kelly last year talked about FAU expanding its on campus housing from about 4,100 to 10,000.
I dont know how that's gonna work but if you want students at the games the best way to do it is to have more
students on campus on saturday...hence more dorms.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:42 am   
Golden Panther

voss749 wrote:
Miami in the top 10 just sucks all the oxygen out of FIU and FAU's great seasons. FAU does somewhat better in our student section because we have
about a 1000 more dorm students than FIU and we also don't have as much competition from UM.

President Kelly last year talked about FAU expanding its on campus housing from about 4,100 to 10,000.
I dont know how that's gonna work but if you want students at the games the best way to do it is to have more
students on campus on saturday...hence more dorms.

We need to draw more students from outside of Dade and Broward, and get more students to live on campus.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:08 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Great news FIU I just started a Go Fund Me page so we can rent you two Astro vans to bring your ENTIRE fan base to game Saturday! You are welcome! GO OWLS!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:44 pm   
Golden Panther

FAU Connoisseur wrote:
Great news FIU I just started a Go Fund Me page so we can rent you two Astro vans to bring your ENTIRE fan base to game Saturday! You are welcome! GO OWLS!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I love CUSA schools talking attendance.

Also, let me know where the shuttle is picking up at. I would do anything to avoid paying $20.00 to park at your dump of a school

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:55 pm   
Golden Panther

chiaPanther wrote:
FAU Connoisseur wrote:

Also, let me know where the shuttle is picking up at. I would do anything to avoid paying $20.00 to park at your dump of a school

LMAO Chia...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:21 pm   
Juvenile Panther

[quote="chiaPanther"][quote="FAU Connoisseur"]Great news FIU I just started a Go Fund Me page so we can rent you two Astro vans to bring your ENTIRE fan base to game Saturday! You are welcome! GO OWLS!![/quote]

Also, let me know where the shuttle is picking up at. I would do anything to avoid paying $20.00 to park at your dump of a school[/quote]

If you think the FAU campus is a dump you haven’t opened your eyes in Sweetwater. BTW, have you looked at your stadium...now that’s funny.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:28 pm   
Cougar

Lol FAU looks like an outdoor outlet mall, what are you talking about? There are outpatient clinics nicer than your shitty, step above Leon med school.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:50 am   
Puma

Remember that post from the Marshall fan, full of welcome, etc? I told you then that what we were going to get from the knuckle-draggers at FAU would be along the lines of, "Hey guys, be sure and stomp on that burning paper bag we left in your tailgate area."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:10 am   
Juvenile Panther

Diagodog wrote:
Remember that post from the Marshall fan, full of welcome, etc? I told you then that what we were going to get from the knuckle-draggers at FAU would be along the lines of, "Hey guys, be sure and stomp on that burning paper bag we left in your tailgate area."

Don't get your panties in a bunch its just some harmless banter between two long rivals. Marshall was open and welcoming because they didn't view you as a threat and then you had to go piss on their Wheaties. Marshall and Southern Miss are the worse, all they say on their boards is how good they are and they shouldn't be in this conference and they are playing down to the low level of their conference mates, etc. F Marshall! Glad we swept them this year. GO OWLS!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:56 pm   
Puma

Just remember, people, whatever you do, don't go stomp on the burning paper bag.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:56 pm   
Cougar

FIU Beisbol wrote:
I was there. I feel like a lot of alumni fans went to the UM game, or watched the game at home.

I'm still more disgusted at the student attendance. It's disgusting. FIU literally bribes students with free food and give away's and they won't show up. I see maybe 200 students in the stands out of 45,000. What the heck???

It's sad. Really pathetic. I see no hope for our fan base. Even with our best start in program history fans won't show up.

I have to be honest, this was a terrible time for UM to suddenly become relevant again. It's really killing our buzz. Local news only shows UM and doesn't even mention FIU.

FIU is always one step behind. Their chance was in 2011 when Miami was still in the dumps. The AD has no vision and never has.

The new AD's first priority (if Garcia actually does leave at the end of next summer), is to start saving money to hire Manny Diaz after Butch hangs them up. He is 65/66 years old.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:30 pm   
Puma

Manny Diaz may be going many places after UM, but I can tell you that, without question, FIU is not one of them.