It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:21 pm

GAMEWEEK: F I U @ Fla. Atl.

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:51 pm   
Golden Panther

I believe LT also dominated time of possession, which should be any team's plan against FAU. I think they had the ball 23 minutes in the first half but were still trailing. FAU can score QUICKLY. We need 1st downs and lots of them. TDs, not FGs. And no dropped passes like we had vs ODU.
Jesus, I sound like someone on Guillermo's useless sound montage. Or a hotels.com Captain Obvious commercial.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:34 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Building A Dynasty wrote:
Clawing Cancer wrote:
Food for thought.

FIU's going to be the underdog this week.

FIU's last 3 wins came as the underdog... and it's not like many of us thought FIU could beat Marshall on the road. I sure didn't.

I know FAU's a better team than Marshall... but this is a rivalry game. Kiffin can say whatever he wants. Players on both sides usually get geeked for this game. Records just don't matter that much in this rivalry.

Personally, I'm not nearly as pessimistic as the rest of you. FAU's not THAT much better. If anything, the lack of energy against ODU should help motivate this team a bit.

Some of you say it's so FIU to crap the bed against ODU. It's also FIU to play out of their minds when you least expect it.

I won't be that surprised if we leave Boca with a win. FAU's ripe for some plucking. And the division title is still on the line. Let's make them have to beat Charlotte, $$$$ it.

This. This. This. I totally agree. While I think it's more likely FAU wins, it would not surprise me in the slightest if FIU won. Shoot, La Tech should have beat FAU last week. They outgained FAU. But they couldn't put the ball in the end zone. Our guys will come out fired up. Let's beat the Owls!

20 mins time of possession = 48 points. We scored at will. Returned kicked for TD; and 2 drives that started on 40 of LT. They had no chance once we got rolling. GO OWLS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:33 pm   
Site Admin