It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:24 am

Blue and Gold vs Orange and Green

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:17 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Diagodog wrote:
My point is a simple one: FAU is the conference powerhouse, on a six game roll, playing against the closest thing they have to a rival, in a cool stadium, got a famous coach (for this year) and they draw > 10,000.

ummm make that 7 games!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:27 pm   
Golden Panther

FAU Connoisseur wrote:
pikedanny wrote:
This notion that people need to know the city that a schoo is located in is so incredibly stupid. Where is Duke? Where is Rutgers? Where is Georgia State? Where is Texas A&M?

My point is most people couldn't name the city of most of the college teams in NCAA. I've made this same post a dozen times already. The fact that people don't know FIU is in Miami means little to nothing.

Technically its in Sweetwater; closest tie to Miami would be Miami-Dade County.

Technically it is unincorporated Dade County, and all addresses in unincorporated Dade list Miami as the city.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:43 pm   
Golden Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:
FAU Connoisseur wrote:
pikedanny wrote:
This notion that people need to know the city that a schoo is located in is so incredibly stupid. Where is Duke? Where is Rutgers? Where is Georgia State? Where is Texas A&M?

My point is most people couldn't name the city of most of the college teams in NCAA. I've made this same post a dozen times already. The fact that people don't know FIU is in Miami means little to nothing.

Technically it is unincorporated Dade County, and all addresses in unincorporated Dade list Miami as the city.

You're totally right, Jules. Don't know what's up with this dumb, erroneous, yet pompous post by this guy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:27 pm   
Golden Panther

He is clearly overly proud of being associated with knockoff Jersey. Boca, all the tackiness of New Jersey without the character.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:45 pm   
Golden Panther

He likely became an FAU "connoisseur" three or four games into this win streak. Maybe even as far back as Kiffin being hired. Funny that he shows up on the board during FAU's first winning season in how long?
Gotta love the stereotypical South Florida sports fans. They've never seen a bandwagon they didn't like.
Congrats on the success, FAU. Seriously. I wish it were us.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:07 am   
Cougar

Guy must be a proctologist, seeing as he knows a lot about crap and ass holes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:24 am   
Golden Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:
He is clearly overly proud of being associated with knockoff Jersey. Boca, all the tackiness of New Jersey without the character.

LOL, true. Guys, he's a troll. Where was this guy when FAU sucked all those years...

When FAU sucks again, he'll be gone.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:07 am   
Juvenile Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:
FAU Connoisseur wrote:
pikedanny wrote:

For you name changers (FIU's version of "Truthers"):

The State University of Unincorporated Dade County!! Now everyone knows where you are from mission accomplished!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:45 pm   
Golden Panther

More from the rat's mouth.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:44 pm   
Golden Panther

FAU Connoisseur wrote:
For you name changers (FIU's version of "Truthers"):

The State University of Unincorporated Dade County!! Now everyone knows where you are from mission accomplished!!

Truthers? Bad troll job, bro.

In all honesty... I would think the FAUers would want FIU to change their name. It would be to their benefit, if only for marketing.

Unfortunately for them... FAU is about a good a name as you can get. It's not like anyone knows where Boca is outside of South Florida. At least FIU has a much better option. Potentially.

Also... enjoy Kiffin while you've got him. I'm pretty sure it won't be for much longer.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:05 pm   
Puma

Few things:

- Ignore that giant back of dicks from Boca. Let him enjoy his little moment while he can. The Lane Train will be departing shortly.
- I hate this thread almost as much as I hate UM. I am not saying we need to be pricks about it but seriously, support our university, our team. They need you much more than UM needs you.
- Name change is not going to happen. Just stop.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:39 pm   
Golden Panther

Yes, the name change train has left the station, never to return. There was a time, back in the 1980's, shortly after Maidique came on board when he led a push for a change to U of FL at Miami, but the then 100 or so alums who gave a rat's patooty threw a colossal hissy fit and Maidique said fine and went on to focus on minor stuff like getting a law school, a medical school, and a football program. The five million alums who now exist might not give a fiddler's f about the football program would probably send several hundred thousand to protest in Tallahassee if the prospect were ever broached again (outside of our cosy little blog, that is.) Why don't we focus on something practical, like getting a better hot dog at the stadium? The sausage carts this year are pretty bad.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:14 pm   
Cougar

Building A Dynasty wrote:
Why do people need to know where a school is located? Many state schools don't have their city in there name.... (Alabama, Wisconsin, Florida, Florida St., etc....). The list goes on and on. FIU has Florida in the name and that is basically good enough. People within S FL know where FIU is.

It's not that people need to know where the school is. It's the fact that we live in a city that the entire world knows and we don't use it for our advantage. Alabama and Florida have a history, we don't. They have tradition, we don't. But one thing we have that is big enough to share with not only the canes but 3 other pro teams is the already recognized Miami brand.

That alone would make us more money because people buy anything Miami. That alone will bring more media attention because all eyes are always on anything that says Miami.

Imagine how the headlines would have been. "Butch goes from rebuilding Miami to rebuilding Miami state or insert any other name with Miami in it.

If we were some sort of powerhouse it wouldn't matter as much. But having Miami in your name can never hurt.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:32 pm   
Golden Panther

Imagine the headline "Butch goes from rebuilding Miami to building FIU!" Sounds great!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:51 pm   
Cougar

pikedanny wrote:
Imagine the headline "Butch goes from rebuilding Miami to building FIU!" Sounds great!

Too bad 20,000 other people don't think like you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next