It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:26 am

Bay Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:32 pm   
Site Admin

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/temple/temple-football-fiu-qb-alex-mcgough-20171218.html

Quote:
CLEARWATER, Fla. — The tale of Alex McGough is similar to many of the Temple players he will face in Thursday’s Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl at Tropicana Field, home of the Tampa Bay Rays.

The Florida International University senior quarterback wasn’t highly recruited. In fact, if it weren’t for FIU, he wouldn’t have been recruited at all by FBS schools. Many of Temple’s players have similarly flown under the proverbial radar.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:11 am   
Golden Panther

Building A Dynasty wrote:
Quote:
CLEARWATER, Fla. — The tale of Alex McGough is similar to many of the Temple players he will face in Thursday’s Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl at Tropicana Field, home of the Tampa Bay Rays.

The Florida International University senior quarterback wasn’t highly recruited. In fact, if it weren’t for FIU, he wouldn’t have been recruited at all by FBS schools. Many of Temple’s players have similarly flown under the proverbial radar.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/temple/temple-football-fiu-qb-alex-mcgough-20171218.html

Some inaccuracies in article. While McG wasn't highly recruited he was ranked 82nd Prostyle QB by 247Sports and a 3-Star composite QB, rating of 80.
In fact Alex might be the highest rated committed QB ever at FIU. Besides transfer of Wesley Carroll.

But, I get it, he is local to area and makes for feel good stories.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:30 am   
Golden Panther

chiaPanther wrote:
Building A Dynasty wrote:
Quote:

Some inaccuracies in article. While McG wasn't highly recruited he was ranked 82nd Prostyle QB by 247Sports and a 3-Star composite QB, rating of 80.
In fact Alex might be the highest rated committed QB ever at FIU. Besides transfer of Wesley Carroll.

But, I get it, he is local to area and makes for feel good stories.

To clarify, Alex had a composite rating of 3-stars despite not being rated 3 stars by any individual recruiting service. This is because I believe a Rivals rating of 5.4 (high 2-star) grades as a low 3-star in the 247 Sports composite. Also, Christian Alexander had a higher composite rating than Alex McGough.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:11 pm   
Site Admin

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:50 pm   
Golden Panther

Cool story on the McGough brothers:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/ ... _163754664

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:36 pm   
Golden Panther

To clarify, Alex had a composite rating of 3-stars despite not being rated 3 stars by any individual recruiting service. This is because I believe a Rivals rating of 5.4 (high 2-star) grades as a low 3-star in the 247 Sports composite. Also, Christian Alexander had a higher composite rating than Alex McGough.[/quote]

I’ll add to this and please don’t laugh. Abuelo Turner mentioned that C Alexander was being recruited by SEC school. I don’t miss Turner, hope he is enjoying retirement