It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:12 am

FIU Jerseys

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:38 pm   
Golden Panther

I noticed that the Adidas FIU football jersey is no longer being offered online on the FIU online store. I wonder why. It's not as if they are sold out. I really wish they sold more than the #1 jerseys. I'd like a #12 jersey or #4. I have the TY 4 jersey, but its very old and coming apart. The screen printing is peeling off badly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:22 pm   
Puma

Good point, I remembered that I went to the bookstore and saw an abundance of Under Armour, which I don't mind. Maybe a either FIU could be booting out adidas or either way or just empty assumptions.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:32 am   
Puma

Check fanatics.com. I noticed they had #12 jerseys.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:58 pm   
Golden Panther

GoldenPantherFan wrote:
Check fanatics.com. I noticed they had #12 jerseys.

Yes. They do have jerseys, but those are the older white numbered jerseys, not the gold ones we've been using the last two seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:37 pm   
Cougar

Have you called the bookstore? Looking to buy a jersey as well

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:03 am   
Golden Panther

weekend_warrior wrote:
Have you called the bookstore? Looking to buy a jersey as well

I just bought a #12 Addidas jersey from a few years ago online (cyber Monday sale). I wanted the gold numbered one, which they sell in the bookstore, but honestly I don't want a generic #1 jersey. Alex Gardner is number 1, and no offense to him, but I just don't want a #1 jersey. I wish they would have printed more number options.

Other schools have so many options with numbers, you can even order custom name and numbers. Oh well, maybe I'm asking to much.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:20 am   
Cougar

Agreed. The gold number jersey is so sharp and cool, dont know why they dont sell them. The lack of variety is probably because the lack of sales

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:57 am   
Golden Panther

weekend_warrior wrote:
Agreed. The gold number jersey is so sharp and cool, dont know why they dont sell them. The lack of variety is probably because the lack of sales

That's what I think to. But why would everyone buy a jersey if there's only one option? Plus, our jerseys are so plain. We just have a number on the front, back, and sleeves, plus the Panthers word mark on the front.

I've always wondered why they didn't update the Panthers word mark on the front of our jersey. That's the old word mark from before we changed our logo over ten years ago. You'd figure they'd create a larger block wordbook that matches our current FIU font.

You might be wondering why I'm being picky here. Well, i'm an artist and visual aesthetics and uniformity are a big thing for me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:04 pm   
Cougar

You should definitely reach out to the equipment staff! Show them some mock ups. Awesome looking uniforms are a selling point for the recruits and can increase jersey sales. While I am grateful for how much better the merchandise has gotten in the past few years (love the Panthers Tour concert tee), there is still room for improvement. Wish we had some lightning panther/sunblazer throw backs, much how UCF embraces citronaut

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:49 pm   
Golden Panther

weekend_warrior wrote:
You should definitely reach out to the equipment staff! Show them some mock ups. Awesome looking uniforms are a selling point for the recruits and can increase jersey sales. While I am grateful for how much better the merchandise has gotten in the past few years (love the Panthers Tour concert tee), there is still room for improvement. Wish we had some lightning panther/sunblazer throw backs, much how UCF embraces citronaut

That's a great idea. I used to draw up concept art, (logos and uniforms) for FIU back in the day. I probably still have some. I like our current uniforms, but the replicas in the bookstore are sort of boring. It doesn't include our conference patch (or even screen print conference patch). The book store jerseys don't have that cool, gold shine to them.

I have two old replica FIU football mini helmets, The quality of the old ones are terrible. I have our original helmet and one with our new logo from about 2010. I just bought two new helmets, the white one and the navy blue one, both with gold, metal face-masks. Much better quality and look better. The logo sticker though is still the logo we used the first year of the change. If you remember, FIU moved the Panther down a bit so you could tell it was an I and not a W (IU together.) Well, they're still using that logo. I guess no one really knows we made that change after the first year of our new logo.

(See, I told you guys I'm picky.)

It would be very cool if the bookstore sold a few full size replica helmets. I would definitely buy one even if it cost over $120. I know most won't buy the,. so then just create a limited number, maybe 100 or less of them.