It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:17 am

New 2018 Commit: Lyndell Hudson

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:11 pm   
Golden Panther

FIU picked up its 2nd commitment of the weekend from Lyndell Hudson Jr., a 6'7" OT from Brooksville, FL. Hudson has offers from FIU and South Alabama. He looks like he can move pretty well for his size. Welcome to FIU, Lyndell!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:23 pm   
Golden Panther

Nice, big addition to our list. A 6'7/315 OL from Central HS in Brooksville, FL. He was a 1st Team All Hernando County as a junior the previous year, while being tabbed a Class 5A 3rd Team All State player as well. Reportedly offers from South Alabama, Southern Miss, and FAMU, before choosing FIU over them.

Artcile: http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football ... rk/2278791

Highlight film: https://www.hudl.com/profile/4695391/lyndell-hudson

Welcome to FIU, Lyndell!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:18 pm   
Golden Panther

FIU Fanatic wrote:
Nice, big addition to our list. A 6'7/345 OL from Central HS in Brooksville, FL. He was a 1st Team All Hernando County as a junior the previous year, while being tabbed a Class 5A 3rd Team All State player as well. Reportedly offers from South Alabama, Southern Miss, and FAMU, before choosing FIU over them.

Artcile: http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football ... rk/2278791

Highlight film: https://www.hudl.com/profile/4695391/lyndell-hudson

Welcome to FIU, Lyndell!

'Fanatic, I always love reading your recruiting posts. It always means good news for FIU! It's awesome seeing what new guys are going to be a part of the program and build something special with Butch. For a recruiting nut like me, it's the most wonderful time of the year!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:24 pm   
Golden Panther

One of my favorite stuff to do, just that this season it starts earlier with this new Early Signing Period from December 20-22 rather than waiting for the first week of February-which will be NSD as well.

You are doing great 'Building and I enjoy your updates and recruiting posts as well. BTW, it seems Hudson has lost close to 40-50 pounds since last season, according to posts on twitter.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:05 am   
Golden Panther

Fanatic, who are the guys expected to sign in the early period? I'm also wondering if we have any JUCO lineman OL/DL signing this month. Would be great to have some impact freshmen and juco signees that can work with team from Jan-July strengthening our depth for '18.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:03 am   
Golden Panther

Other than what Shaun Peterson stated, I have no other information as to who’s signing early, and who/how many JUCO’s are coming to shore up both lines. We have DL Woods sitting out this seaso, so he will be available for next year.