It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:02 am

2017-2018 Early Signing Period

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:43 pm   
Golden Panther

reinierguerra wrote:
Guys, i've been emailing 247 about updating our class and they got back to me with a more effective email address we should write to, just in case anyone wants to write as well : recruiting@247Sports.com

Thanks for the update.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:17 pm   
Golden Panther

https://fiu.rivals.com/news/palmer-sign ... come-true-

Quote:
Palmer currently attends Fork Union Military Academy and will be a Three-Star JUCO transfer in January. He brings ample talent at the Tight End position standing at 6’6” and 220 pounds. Having attended a Military Academy in Fork Union, as well as one prior to Fork Union, Palmer expects a smooth transition to FIU, stating,

“Discipline, hard work ethic, and attention to detail was instilled in me while being at Fork Union Military Academy, so I’ll be more prepared entering college than the normal student athlete.”

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:39 am   
Golden Panther

ESPN made some new evaluations on some of our signees:

Jordan Underwood: 78
Zahir Turner: 78
Maurquel Dillard: 77
Caleb Lynum: 76

Look for each of these guys’ 247 composite scores to jump up a couple of points once these ratings are included. I’ll also note this is the most guys we’ve ever had in the upper 70s by ESPN. I’m guessing as ESPN continues to evalauate players, we will have even more 3 stars. After the February signing period, I will provide a detailed analysis of this class compared to recent ones. Summary: this one is really good.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:58 am   
Golden Panther

I emailed 247sports about D'Antne Demery. Just curious. If he's n our team now I want to see him transfered on 247 sports and I want to see his current score and calculation.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:37 pm   
Golden Panther

FIU Beisbol wrote:
I emailed 247sports about D'Antne Demery. Just curious. If he's n our team now I want to see him transfered on 247 sports and I want to see his current score and calculation.

I noticed 247 now has the full 21 guys that actually signed. Four, including Demery, are still unevaluated. Progress. Cudos to those who have emailed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:42 pm   
Golden Panther

Building A Dynasty wrote:
FIU Beisbol wrote:

I noticed 247 now has the full 21 guys that actually signed. Four, including Demery, are still unevaluated. Progress. Cudos to those who have emailed.

Nice! LOL, yah, that was because of my email probably. I hope they evaluate soon. I'm glad we finally have all 21 signees on the 247 roster.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:12 pm   
Golden Panther

FIU Beisbol wrote:

Well, they finally gave ratings to those 4. 247Sports actually went a bit lower than expected in giving Demery a low 3-Star rating of 82, plus giving the other 3 a medium-high 2-Stars ratings. Our average fell to .8153, but our overall points went up, and nationally we are now ranked # 62. I don't believe they have adjusted for the new ESPN ratings we discussed earlier, so our average will most certainly go up once (if) they take that into their numbers.

https://247sports.com/college/florida-i ... ll/Commits

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:22 pm   
Golden Panther

FIU Fanatic wrote:
FIU Beisbol wrote:

Well, they finally gave ratings to those 4. 247Sports actually went a bit lower than expected in giving Demery a low 3-Star rating of 82, plus giving the other 3 a medium-high 2-Stars ratings. Our average fell to .8153, but our overall points went up, and nationally we are now ranked # 62. I don't believe they have adjusted for the new ESPN ratings we discussed earlier, so our average will most certainly go up once (if) they take that into their numbers.

https://247sports.com/college/florida-i ... ll/Commits

I was just about to share this. I agree that the ESPN numbers haven't been accounted for. Other than Demery, the ratings of the new additions were expected, in my opinion. Demery only getting a rating of 0.82 is silly. He drops from a 0.92 to a 0.82 with one year of JUCO film? I don't think so...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:34 pm   
Golden Panther

I agree totally with your assessment, as I meant to say Demery's rating was lower than expected, plus stating the ratings of the other 3 previously not rated. Even if they didn't give Demery the 4-Stars he had just 8 months ago, I certainly expected at the very least a high(.86-.88) 3-Stars rating. The other ones are more or less within what should've been expected.

Can't wait to see who else we do get to sign in 3 weeks.

Go Panthers!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:43 pm   
Golden Panther

FIU Fanatic wrote:
I agree totally with your assessment, as I meant to say Demery's rating was lower than expected, plus stating the ratings of the other 3 previously not rated. Even if they didn't give Demery the 4-Stars he had just 8 months ago, I certainly expected at the very least a high(.86-.88) 3-Stars rating. The other ones are more or less within what should've been expected.

Can't wait to see who else we do get to sign in 3 weeks.

Go Panthers!

'Fanatic, I strongly agree. Something else to consider is the Rivals ratings of some of our guys are either missing or not accounted for. Demery and Sterling Palmer haven't been evaluated by Rivals yet. I think Shamar Munroe will get boosted to 3 stars once his Rivals rating (5.4) is accounted for. Underwood will also jump up to 3 stars once his ESPN rating is accounted for. That will give us the most 3-star guys (according to 247 composite) of any signing class regardless of who else signs in Feb.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:00 pm   
Golden Panther

Yes sir. Let’s see how all this unfolds now, with an expected QB with experience after HS yo. Evsigned.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:52 am   
Golden Panther

Demery should be higher rated. I feel like 247 sports screws with who ever signs with us just because we're FIU. If Demery had signed with, let's say, an SEC team, he would have been given 4 stars.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:25 am   
Puma

Joshua Sanders was rated 73 by ESPN, that's a low 3 Star rating, don't expect his composite score to change much. He does make it 10 ESPN 3 Star players plus one 4 Star that signed with us. Not counting Lawrence Papillon who didn't sign early.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:36 am   
Golden Panther

reinierguerra wrote:
Joshua Sanders was rated 73 by ESPN, that's a low 3 Star rating, don't expect his composite score to change much. He does make it 10 ESPN 3 Star players plus one 4 Star that signed with us. Not counting Lawrence Papillon who didn't sign early.

I thought Sanders would be rated higher.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:46 pm   
Golden Panther

Interesting article on FIU recruiting. Of note, the staff is mostly focused on the class of 2019 now. Also apparently Joshua Sanders is going to play LB? That’s one big LB!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next