It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:29 am

2017-2018 Early Signing Period

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:44 pm   
Puma

There might be a late signing coming.

Idk maybe i’m reading too much into these tweets. Lol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:48 pm   
Golden Panther

reinierguerra wrote:
There might be a late signing coming.

Idk maybe i’m reading too much into these tweets. Lol

I read those more as a summary of all the signings today. But who knows lol.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:51 pm   
Golden Panther

Great job covering such a busy, and historic day. Thanks guys.

The engines on the U.S.S. Butch Davis are now fully operational and firing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:08 am   
Puma

Last post of the day.

For some perspective our top 5 signees (not counting D'antne Demery who is yet to be rated for the 2018 class) are ranked higher than our top 2017 signee. This is according to 247Sports Composite Rating:

Teair Tart-Spencer 0.9078
Tayland Humphrey 0.8992
Jamal Anderson 0.8572
Donovan Georges 0.8568
Ivan Thomas 0.8552

Dorian Hall 0.8516

Today was a great day people, make no mistake about it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:31 am   
Golden Panther

Great coverage everyone! This was a lot of fun!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:33 am   
Puma

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:04 pm   
Golden Panther

reinierguerra wrote:

Niiiiice. 6'1" to 6'3" (depending on scouting service)

Basketball player, 2 star recruit. I love that even the guys who aren't 3 or 4 star recruits fit Butch's strategy perfectly.

Last edited by OC Panther on Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:10 pm   
Golden Panther

And somehow Turner and Underwood dropped to two stars...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:28 pm   
Golden Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:

Underwood's rating hasn't changed. Turner's rating changed because 247 signs a generic rating of 70 to everyone they haven't evaluated yet (for some reason). Once he is properly evaluated his rating will increase, probably back up to 3 stars. I really don't get why they are still missing guys, especially guys who are already evaluated, like Caleb Lynum. For those who have emailed them in the past, you could probably do so again and help them out with the list of signees.

As I said before, our ratings will be heavily dependent on how Demery is evaluated. Rivals and ESPN have created a new unrated profile for him, and not the one used for the Georgia signing... 247 will likely follow the same route sadly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:36 pm   
Puma

Building A Dynasty wrote:
JulesFIU07 wrote:

Underwood's rating hasn't changed. Turner's rating changed because 247 signs a generic rating of 70 to everyone they haven't evaluated yet (for some reason). Once he is properly evaluated his rating will increase, probably back up to 3 stars. I really don't get why they are still missing guys, especially guys who are already evaluated, like Caleb Lynum. For those who have emailed them in the past, you could probably do so again and help them out with the list of signees.

As I said before, our ratings will be heavily dependent on how Demery is evaluated. Rivals and ESPN have created a new unrated profile for him, and not the one used for the Georgia signing... 247 will likely follow the same route sadly.

I would expect Demery to be given the standard 70 to start and stay that way for a while. Eventually they'll end up evaluating him and most likely give him a high 3* rating, i would guess somewhere below Tayland and above Jamal Anderson.

Someone share the email they've been writing to so that some of us can write as well.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:52 pm   
Golden Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:

My bad, hopefully they do Turner and Demery justice.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:31 pm   
Golden Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:
JulesFIU07 wrote:

My bad, hopefully they do Turner and Demery justice.

Agreed! Either way, unless the February signees are beasts, I do not foresee us passing Cincinatti's class. They had an amazing class and will likely claim the top spot of G5 programs. However, no other G5 class had three 4-star guys like we did. The top of our class is very impressive. And in my biased opinion, the bottom of the class is heavily underrated. I think Butch and co. really did a fantastic job with this one.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:11 pm   
Golden Panther

reinierguerra wrote:
JulesFIU07 wrote:

I would expect Demery to be given the standard 70 to start and stay that way for a while. Eventually they'll end up evaluating him and most likely give him a high 3* rating, i would guess somewhere below Tayland and above Jamal Anderson.

Someone share the email they've been writing to so that some of us can write as well.

Thanks

I contacted them by going to 247 sports and then going to their contacts page. It gives you an email.

It's support@247sports.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:01 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Attachment:
Lynum.JPG

HooterHater wrote:
reinierguerra wrote:

Just watched this kid's reel. I really like that he's always looking downfield and seems to have excellent vision. Likes to run backwards a bit, though, and holds the ball kind of recklessly on scrambles. Those things are coachable, though. The vision really isn't.

QB CALEB LYNUM LOOKS PROMISING

http://www.hudl.com/v/283rYk

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:06 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Charlton to Indiana.

Looks like Charlton ended up pulling a surprise and signing with UCF. This kid was all over the place lol.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next