It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:03 am

*******It’s Gasparilla bowl game day!!!!*******

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:19 am   
Golden Panther

No brand new guy is likely to start at QB next August, whether he be a true freshman, a juco stud or a grad transfer. Coaches are simply loath to do such a thing and for good reason. MAYBE an early enrolee who could learn the system in spring ball, but I don't think we have any of those. Leaving the choices to start for next year to be one of the 3 QBs currently on the roster. Meaning that the leader going into spring ball is going to be the only one of those three to have played meaningful minutes. Can anyone spell that name?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:57 pm   
Golden Panther

ItsFIU wrote:
Who’s record was 4-8? lynum? His school shows 7-4. He played on same team as Justin Watkins. With only 3 interceptions. Attends east ridge high school.

Or did I miss a part of the discussion ?

No, he's talking about McGough as a freshman. Those were his numbers. You can't put those numbers 100% on him because the team around him affects his numbers and 2014 FIU football just wasn't a very good team.

Like I said before... I never said starting Lynum was a great thing, what I said is that I hope he competes for the job (because we really don't have a better option currently).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:57 pm   
Golden Panther

Has anyone seen or heard something negative about Wiggins? We seem to be dismissing him. I don't know much about him, just wondering why some are acting like it's Maurice or a true freshmen as our only options when we have a redshirt freshman with a year of learning the offense on the roster.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:35 pm   
Golden Panther

HooterHater wrote:
Has anyone seen or heard something negative about Wiggins? We seem to be dismissing him. I don't know much about him, just wondering why some are acting like it's Maurice or a true freshmen as our only options when we have a redshirt freshman with a year of learning the offense on the roster.

Good point, but I haven't heard anything at all about Wiggins. He is also another candidate that will be competing for a job next year.

(Still hoping Butch pulls in a stud JUCO QB.)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:43 pm   
Golden Panther

There are ways to win in college ball without a great QB, but I am not sure we have all the other necessary pieces yet. We will see. Anyone want to venture a guess as to what our record would have been in 2017 without McGough?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:49 pm   
Golden Panther

Diagodog wrote:
There are ways to win in college ball without a great QB, but I am not sure we have all the other necessary pieces yet. We will see. Anyone want to venture a guess as to what our record would have been in 2017 without McGough?

Our record would have been less than 8-4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:25 am   
Golden Panther

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7