It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:36 am

*******It’s Gasparilla bowl game day!!!!*******

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:22 am   
Cougar

McGough has gotten some heat over the years on this board. I'm scared we won't have his talent and just overall balls at QB next season. One thing I love about McGough is he always went down fighting. Most of his interceptions were him trying to do too much and force the issue. I have decided I like that better than a $$$$ loft over the middle right into the linebackers hands... No chance Maurice Alexander plays QB next season. He should try the slot or something because he is quick.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:23 am   
Puma

pn8013 wrote:
What an embarrassing performance tonight. The game is out of reach now.

No QB= No Offense.

Temple is not a good team, should of beaten them if we had a QB.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:25 am   
Puma

Building A Dynasty wrote:
Wiggins will start next year. Fear not.

And what if Wiggins goes down? I sure hope MA is not our 2nd string QB next year cuz I don't want to see him play another snap for us EVER. The kid is horrible.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:28 am   
Golden Panther

I get why people are mad. I don’t blame you. But again, without McGough we never had a chance. There’s no way Wiggins is worse than MA. Clearly CA is not even remotely close to MA or else he would have been given a chance. Next year will be a battle between Wiggins and Lynum, or if the staff brings in another guy.

I just really feel for McGough. To go out like this after all he has done for the team sucks. Plus a broken collarbone with make his pro day tough...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:32 am   
Golden Panther

Richard Dames is a heck of a player.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:33 am   
Puma

Our savor Wiggins was only a 2 star recruit, he is far from a sure thing.

Golden Panther

I get why people are mad. I don’t blame you. But again, without McGough we never had a chance. There’s no way Wiggins is worse than MA. Clearly CA is not even remotely close to MA or else he would have been given a chance. Next year will be a battle between Wiggins and Lynum, or if the staff brings in another guy.

I just really feel for McGough. To go out like this after all he has done for the team sucks. Plus a broken collarbone with make his pro day tough...

Look at CA's stats. Way better than anything MA ever did.

Golden Panther

Look at CA's stats. Way better than anything MA ever did.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:34 am   
Golden Panther

Can we please end the Cristian Alexander thing. He will never take another snap at QB.

Maurice is not the answer, I never said he was. All I ever said is that MA was way farther up the chart than CA. So clearly Butch chose not to lose a redshirt for Kaylan in this bowl.

Where we go from here? No se!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:36 am   
Cougar

I think Singleton is the real deal. I expect him to be our top receiver next year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:37 am   
Puma

I feel for McGough too. I'm just surprised that we carry a backup QB who has no business to play collegiate football PERIOD. Doesn't matter DI or D II MA does not belong in college football.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:15 am   
Golden Panther

And here I was all day long pissed because I had to work and couldn't make the drive from Daytona for this game.

God, what a wretched performance on offense.

I give Butch credit for trying to rally the troops around Maurice... but time to face facts. That kid should not be starting for FIU at QB in 2018.

I think he could play QB at this level... in an option offense. Maybe. But anything remotely resembling spread or pro style? No way. He's too small. He can't see over lineman. The first pick he threw was probably because he couldn't see over the line. Only guys named Doug Flutie can be shrimps and play QB past high school level.

Maybe it's just me, but I was kind of underwhelmed with MA's athleticism. He kept getting caught by Temple's D-line all night. Seems like he should've been able to get away more than he did.

I was really surprised MA didn't get the hook sooner. Especially when it was 20-3. Game's over at that point. Might as well put in someone else and see what they got.

The part that really pisses me off is I'm convinced FIU wins with a healthy Alex McGough. What a crappy way to end his career. And his pro chances take a monster hit, too. Broken collarbones take a while to heal. He deserved better than that.

For you McGough haters... I hope this game showed you how valuable he really was. We're going to miss him big time.

QB just became #1 priority. If it wasn't already.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:19 am   
Golden Panther

Also... props to the D. Hell of a job to keep FIU in it going into the 4th. You played out of your skins.

I also have to give credit to the OC. Skrotsky did a nice job compensating for Maurice in the 2nd half with some of the play calling. That TD drop by Maxwell was beyond brutal. It's going to be a long off-season for him.

Having said that... props also to Coach Collins. Always liked him when he was at FIU. He's done well at Temple. Something tells me he'll be getting a P5 call sooner than later.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:26 am   
Juvenile Panther

chiaPanther wrote:
Can we please end the Cristian Alexander thing. He will never take another snap at QB.

Maurice is not the answer, I never said he was. All I ever said is that MA was way farther up the chart than CA. So clearly Butch chose not to lose a redshirt for Kaylan in this bowl.

Where we go from here? No se!

Coaches need to recruit a JUCO QB or Grad Transfer.

Last edited by TechPanther on Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:33 am   
Golden Panther

Didn't CA redshirt in 2015? At least, I thought he did.

I thought Wiggins was the one with the redshirt this year.

EDIT: Yeah, he did redshirt in 2015. At least, according to the FIU media guide.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next