It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:24 am

Looking ahead to the 2018 Football Season!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:10 am   
Golden Panther

fiu1994 wrote:
There's no way that Butch, having a Senior QB and knowing who's on the roster at QB for 2018, would not have a plan going forward after being here for over year. These are some of the unsigned QB's that Director of Recruiting Bryn Renner is following on Twitter:

Lindsey Scott Jr. (East Mississippi Community College)
Kai Locksley (Iowa Western Community College)
Woody Barrett (Copiah-Lincoln Community College)
Malik Henry (Independence Community College)
Rathen Ricedorff (Boise State University)
Jacob Park (University of Iowa)
Zach Smith (Baylor University)

I expect one these JUCO's or transfers to sign with us in the coming months.

Scott Jr is the most promising on that list. Park seems like an idiot and I don't want that as part of our program. Park, Smith and Ricedorff have already been at two programs and looked to transfer. At that point you have to wonder if the bad fit is the player, not the school.
Barrett seemed to get beat out by every qb on the Auburn roster, including those younger than him. Henry or Locksley could be options, too, but if I had my pick I would take Scott Jr.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:29 am   
Golden Panther

Good heads up, fiu1994. Thanks for sharing, so we can do our “research” on those possibilities. It’s recruiting season again! 4 more weekends before Signing Day on February 7.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:14 pm   
Golden Panther

Drew Barker, former 4-star QB recruit and Kentucky Wildcat, will transfer for his graduate season.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:56 pm   
Golden Panther

pikedanny wrote:
Drew Barker, former 4-star QB recruit and Kentucky Wildcat, will transfer for his graduate season.

He would be a good fit.

Seems like he has a rough start to begin his career with minor off field incidents. Seems like he might be leaving Kentucky because of the new JUCO transfer. Guess he doesn't want to compete for his job with a JUCO transfer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:26 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Bryn Renner just started following him on Twitter. Renner is now also following LB Darrion Owens, a graduate transfer from UM and CB Kareem Gaulden, who signed with Temple in 2016 and got his release from the school after Spring Ball in 2017.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:44 pm   
Golden Panther

fiu1994 wrote:
Bryn Renner just started following him on Twitter. Renner is now also following LB Darrion Owens, a graduate transfer from UM and CB Kareem Gaulden, who signed with Temple in 2016 and got his release from the school after Spring Ball in 2017.

I'm pretty sure Renner is following anyone who can throw a ball more than ten feet after watching Maurice Alexander in the Gasparilla Bowl...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:39 pm   
Golden Panther

pikedanny wrote:

Definitely coming our way?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:17 pm   
Juvenile Panther

To bad the 2018 signee wasn't an early enroll as well :( . Our Qb cant be afraid to compete either. Anyone aware of Bakers past injuries? 4 star guy on whos scale :lol: ? 2014 or 15, 4 years ago let me check his film. We dont need a space filler ijs

What will it take for folks to believe in Butch Davis? Are we here to bash, praise, support, or what? Sometimes the direction of the forum is confusing :? . One thing for certain alot of debating goes on in football on and off the field so I guess the direction is on point.:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:23 pm   
Golden Panther

ItsFIU wrote:
To bad the 2018 signee wasn't an early enroll as well :( . Our Qb cant be afraid to compete either. Anyone aware of Bakers past injuries? 4 star guy on whos scale :lol: ? 2014 or 15, 4 years ago let me check his film. We dont need a space filler ijs

What will it take for folks to believe in Butch Davis? Are we here to bash, praise, support, or what? Sometimes the direction of the forum is confusing :? . One thing for certain alot of debating goes on in football on and off the field so I guess the direction is on point.:roll:

Yes, he had pretty bad back injury.

4-star on Rivals coming out of high school.

Actually, a "space filler" is exactly what we need right now. An experienced graduate transfer that can handle the offense while the high school QBs Butch has signed develop.

I think it is safe to assume that FIU fans believe in Butch.

We are here to talk FIU Sports, for better or for worse.

Forums go in different directions because people have different opinions.

I don't know what that last sentence means, but #PawsUp.

What else ya got?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:25 pm   
Golden Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:
pikedanny wrote:

Definitely coming our way?

No, sorry for not being clearer. He has announced that he will transfer, but has not announced his destination.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:27 pm   
Golden Panther

I'm losing my mind. Is it football season yet!?!? FML!!! JODER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:41 pm   
Golden Panther

LOL, this thread is great. All we know is the Kentucky QB wants to transfer, we have no idea where he's interested in going at all. It would be really interesting to see if FIU catches his attention.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:44 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Keeps things interesting, love that. I feel like the kids asking are we there yet? (Ready for football again)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:50 pm   
Golden Panther

From what I can find online, Barker is a perpetual back up. He has played in 11 games in 3 seasons. He has started in 6 total. He has a career passing record of 50% (also 50% exactly each in each of his 3 seasons.) 5 touchdowns and 7 interceptions in his career.

But 247 sports had him ranked as a 4 star QB out of HS. He was rated .9454

Looks like he had high expectations out of high school, but once he started playing... Not exactly crazy good numbers or anything.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:18 pm   
Golden Panther

FIU Beisbol wrote:
From what I can find online, Barker is a perpetual back up. He has played in 11 games in 3 seasons. He has started in 6 total. He has a career passing record of 50% (also 50% exactly each in each of his 3 seasons.) 5 touchdowns and 7 interceptions in his career.

But 247 sports had him ranked as a 4 star QB out of HS. He was rated .9454

Looks like he had high expectations out of high school, but once he started playing... Not exactly crazy good numbers or anything.

Driskel did well at La Tech.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next