It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:56 pm

McGough ranked as 12th NFL QB Prospect

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:07 pm   
Golden Panther

McGough ranked as 12th NFL QB Prospect by Walter Football. One of the best football draft sites out there. I've been reading it for years. I think Cyp was the only FIU prospect that has been ranked higher going into the draft.

Quote:
2/28/17: McGough has some arm talent and is athletically gifted. In 2017, he completed 65 percent of his passes for 2,798 yards with 17 touchdowns and eight interceptions. Unfortunately, McGough broke his collarbone in the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl. That injury will prevent him from playing in an all-star game and could restrict his pre-draft workouts. McGough completed 58 percent of his passes in 2016 for 1,891 yards with 13 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. As a sophomore, he completed 64 percent of his passes for 2,722 yards with 21 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php#ixzz52b0WVzcg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:31 pm   
Golden Panther

That's great! Good to read. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:16 pm   
Golden Panther

I am really hoping he gets some pro looks... I am sure Butch will help to see it so.

He played absolute hero in some games this year and is a great kid. Also has decent size for QB.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:24 pm   
Golden Panther

Interesting list.

I wouldn't have thought McGough in the Top 15, personally. And 3rd best out of G5 programs? Ahead of Mike White at WKU? I like McGough... but I can't say he's better than White, even though White had better coaching by far.

That broken collarbone is going to mess up his ability to move up draft boards. It's going to take a while to heal and he'll probably be limited at best in all-star games and combines, assuming he can participate at all. He's going to basically have to rely on game tape and interviews with coaches and scouts to get his shot at the pros.

The good thing for him is he does have the measurables that should work at the next level. Physically, there's no reason he can't compete, assuming the collarbone heals. Being a 4-year starter should help; he's got a lot of game experience, even if it is G5. He plays with real guts, too, and he basically ran a pro-style offense the entire time he was at FIU.

The one thing I'd worry about with him is he plays too gutsy at times. He needs to be a little smarter out there and not expose himself to so many shots. But he's probably put enough on tape that someone will want to give him a shot.

All things considered... I think he'd be lucky to get picked in the 6th or 7th round. Especially since he won't be able to train until the collarbone heals. More likely, someone signs him to a small deal after the draft.

I'd love to see the Dolphins take a shot. Wouldn't mind him at all trying to beat out Doughty or Fales for the #3 spot. He's more talented physically than both those guys.