It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:06 am

Oh Ye of Little Faith...

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:40 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Hello Fellow Panther Fans,
Happy new year to everyone! I thought I might make my feelings known about the future of FIU football. In a word - fantastic. Some of you are fretting about how Coach Davis will be handling the QB position for next year. He will either develop or bring in a JUCO guy that will improve us even more at that position. He took an average G5 QB and in one season developed him into a possible NFL draftable player. He took an 4-8 football team, with essentially the same personnel, to an 8-4 team in his first season at the helm. (I prognosticated that we would finish this past season with an 8-4 regular season record and we did - only because of my faith in Coach Davis' history). In his first recruiting class (in which he only had a couple of months), he signed some under rated players who are turning out to be studs - D. Price, B. Singleton, S. Thornton, etc. Now Coach Davis is reeling in, quite literally, even bigger fish (just as I, and some of you, said he would). He saved some 4-5 scholarships in 2017 and later added P. McKever, S. Young (a true special teams weapon) and gave 2 scholarships to two deserving seniors, B. Canady and B. Muhammed. Be assured, Coach Davis has kept 3-4 scholarships in his back pocket to address the QB situation.
Next season will we be bigger, faster, more talented and more experienced at almost every position. Have faith - that by February's NSD our coach (the best thing that has happened to our program in it's history - on par with T.Y. Hilton) will have all needs addressed and will have FIU ready to have a another record breaking season.
Interested in what y'all have to say, as usual. FIUPhil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:38 pm   
Golden Panther

Hey, you were right when you said we would go 12-0, so why shouldn't you be right this time? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:10 pm   
Golden Panther

Diagodog wrote:
Hey, you were right when you said we would go 12-0, so why shouldn't you be right this time? :mrgreen:

When did FIUphil say we would go 12-0? Did I miss something?

Maybe that's a good thing. If he says 12-0, then it will come true.

Last edited by FIU Beisbol on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:19 pm   
Golden Panther

I appreciate your resounding faith in FIU, and mostly Butch Davis. I feel comfortable in most areas of FIU's football program. My only real concern is QB. I think many here agree with that statement. Yes, I do have faith that Butch will address that concern. It may be a surprise JUCO transfer, it might be one of our current QB's that makes a sudden, dramatic, magical change. We'll see what happens.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:20 pm   
Golden Panther

Well, I am exaggerating, but only slightly. At the time that Dr. Phil was saying we would go 8-4, it sounded like 12-0.