It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:14 pm

2018 Spring Practice

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:30 am   
Juvenile Panther

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:46 pm
Posts: 17
content://media/external/file/15301


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:56 am   
Juvenile Panther

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:46 pm
Posts: 17
Noah Curtis is #90 and he's rehabbing this spring but is measuring in at 6'6" 260 lbs and ended last season as Silva's back up. In high school he was first team all state, PBC Super 11 selection, 1st team All Conference and County, finished #10 rated player in PBC, #5 selection ESPN Top 63 while playing TE, LB and DE so last year was his 1st playing just at 1 position but has the athleticism for a breakout 2018 season with Coach Holmes and Coach Davis's tutoring and significant DT upgrades.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:11 pm   
Golden Panther

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:52 am
Posts: 4894
Pantherfan2 wrote:
Noah Curtis is #90 and he's rehabbing this spring but is measuring in at 6'6" 260 lbs and ended last season as Silva's back up. In high school he was first team all state, PBC Super 11 selection, 1st team All Conference and County, finished #10 rated player in PBC, #5 selection ESPN Top 63 while playing TE, LB and DE so last year was his 1st playing just at 1 position but has the athleticism for a breakout 2018 season with Coach Holmes and Coach Davis's tutoring and significant DT upgrades.



I recall talking to Butch after last year's 2017 class and he thought all the 4 DE/DL guys had next level abilities.

So if "in Butch we trust"; 2018 will be a huge year for our DL.

DL appears to be in great shape for years to come.

I hope Morgan is the answer at QB, or we'll miss a great opportunity to build on what we did last year.

_________________
"It's called opportunity, that's what life is all about, you get an opportunity and I think these guys are anxious to have this opportunity and do something with it" - FIU Coach Ron Turner


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:02 pm   
Golden Panther
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:32 am
Posts: 9594
Building A Dynasty wrote:
The 2nd spring scrimmage was today. Here is a video with some clips of the scrimmage:



From what I can tell Maurice A. is the starting QB at the moment (but we all know things may change once Morgan gets here). Demery is the starting LT. WRs were Singleton, Maloney, and Gaiter.

The starting D looks to be:

DE: Jordan Woods
DT: Anthony Johnson
DT: Milord Juste
DE: #96 (Anyone know who this is?)

LB: Sage Lewis
LB: Jean Estinor (surprise)
LB: Fermin Silva

CB: Isaiah Brown
S: Olin Cushion
S: Richard Dames
CB: Emmanuel Lubin

If anyone was at the scrimmage, feel free to share your thoughts.


If you were using that "old" 2017 roster list in FIU's website that names Estinor with that #45, it may be that freshman Rocky Jacques-Louis is using that number since he got to FIU in January. Which, by itself is really surprising to see a true freshman right now in there. Our defense will be outstanding pretty soon. Either 2018 season, but very likely in 2019. I don't know who will show up in June and be ready to play this coming season, but all these freshmen joining the team, plus if Humphrey and Tart-Spencer wear our uniforms.....watch out.

_________________
FIU...A Sleeping Giant Awakens


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:02 pm   
Golden Panther

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 2816
'Fanatic, you are absolutely right, as usual. Great catch. I really wish FIU would update their roster....

So it looks like Rocky is getting the chance to run with the 1's... That is very impressive and exciting.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:24 pm   
Golden Panther

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:52 am
Posts: 4894
Building A Dynasty wrote:
'Fanatic, you are absolutely right, as usual. Great catch. I really wish FIU would update their roster....

So it looks like Rocky is getting the chance to run with the 1's... That is very impressive and exciting.


Also very surprising because Jamal Gates and Brandon James (Brandon had many looks last season) are on the roster and we're both highly regarded recruits.

Like Fanatic said, this defense will be outstanding at some point. I expect towards the back half of the season and best ever at FIU in 2019.

_________________
"It's called opportunity, that's what life is all about, you get an opportunity and I think these guys are anxious to have this opportunity and do something with it" - FIU Coach Ron Turner


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:54 pm   
Golden Panther

Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:25 am
Posts: 779
If those two JUCO's show up and behave themselves, that d line will be the best in Miami, hands down.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:07 am   
Golden Panther

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 11:38 pm
Posts: 2460
Diagodog wrote:
If those two JUCO's show up and behave themselves, that d line will be the best in Miami, hands down.


Have faith in Butch that they will show up.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:12 am   
Golden Panther

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 2816
JulesFIU07 wrote:
Diagodog wrote:
If those two JUCO's show up and behave themselves, that d line will be the best in Miami, hands down.


Have faith in Butch that they will show up.


Why do you say this? I'm not saying this is necessarily the case, but if they are having academic qualifying issues, there really isn't anything Butch can do about that. You only hope he wouldn't recruit players that would be borderline like that.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:25 pm   
Golden Panther

Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:25 am
Posts: 779
Where I grew up, Dynasty, people used to start their statements about ANYthing in the future with something like, "If the good Lord is willing and the creek don't rise, then...." That is all I meant to convey. It is a long way from Nebraska to Miami. The stagecoaches don't always run on time, native tribesmen sometimes force the Conestogas to detour, there are known to be locust attacks and dust storms. Etc. You may like to take things for granted but those of us from Missouri have learned to be circumspect. Haven't you read the diaries of Lewis & Clark?


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:42 pm   
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:53 pm
Posts: 4865
phpBB [video]


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:41 pm   
Golden Panther

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:52 am
Posts: 4894
Diagodog wrote:
Where I grew up, Dynasty, people used to start their statements about ANYthing in the future with something like, "If the good Lord is willing and the creek don't rise, then...." That is all I meant to convey. It is a long way from Nebraska to Miami. The stagecoaches don't always run on time, native tribesmen sometimes force the Conestogas to detour, there are known to be locust attacks and dust storms. Etc. You may like to take things for granted but those of us from Missouri have learned to be circumspect. Haven't you read the diaries of Lewis & Clark?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
"It's called opportunity, that's what life is all about, you get an opportunity and I think these guys are anxious to have this opportunity and do something with it" - FIU Coach Ron Turner


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:47 pm   
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:53 pm
Posts: 4865
phpBB [video]


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:10 am   
Golden Panther

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 2816
For those who went to the Spring Game, how did it go? I see Christian and Wiggins had more pass attempts than MA, and Butch mentioned he wanted to see the “two quarterbacks” compete.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:34 am   
Golden Panther
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:32 am
Posts: 9594
Building A Dynasty wrote:
For those who went to the Spring Game, how did it go? I see Christian and Wiggins had more pass attempts than MA, and Butch mentioned he wanted to see the “two quarterbacks” compete.


Exactly my thoughts. Anyone care to give a synopsis? Thanks in advance.

_________________
FIU...A Sleeping Giant Awakens


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Style originally created by Volize © 2003 • Redesigned SkyLine by MartectX © 2008 - 2009