PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:58 pm   
Site Admin

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:09 am   
Site Admin

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:20 pm   
Golden Panther

Did anyone attend the scrimmage? And does anyone know when the spring roster will be out? Many other C-USA schools already have their 2018 rosters online.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:19 pm   
Golden Panther

I also wonder the same, 'Building. Would like to see an updated Spring Roster to see the changes we've had since last season. Wish I could have gone to the scrimmage as well.

Go Panthers!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:10 pm   
Site Admin

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:42 pm   
Golden Panther

The 2nd spring scrimmage was today. Here is a video with some clips of the scrimmage:

From what I can tell Maurice A. is the starting QB at the moment (but we all know things may change once Morgan gets here). Demery is the starting LT. WRs were Singleton, Maloney, and Gaiter.

The starting D looks to be:

DE: Jordan Woods
DT: Anthony Johnson
DT: Milord Juste
DE: #96 (Anyone know who this is?)

LB: Sage Lewis
LB: Jean Estinor (surprise)
LB: Fermin Silva

CB: Isaiah Brown
S: Olin Cushion
S: Richard Dames
CB: Emmanuel Lubin

If anyone was at the scrimmage, feel free to share your thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:25 pm   
Golden Panther

Good stuff, Building, thank you for sharing. I think #96 might be last year’s transfer, Josh Little, I think?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:32 pm   
Golden Panther

96 is Josh Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:26 am   
Golden Panther

Thanks guys. That makes sense. I didn't see him listed on the roster, as it still is form 2017 :(

I will add, I have heard the coaching staff discussing how versatile Jordan Woods is, with the potential of him maybe even playing DT. While it is great to hear that Woods has been playing so well, it raises a little doubt that we will be seeing both Teair Tart-Spencer and Tayland Humphrey this fall. In my opinion, it doesn't make much sense to take both Fermin Silva and Woods out of the DE spot, if we have Tart-Spencer, Humphrey, Anthony Johnson, Juste, and others already at DT.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:15 am   
Golden Panther

Building A Dynasty wrote:
Thanks guys. That makes sense. I didn't see him listed on the roster, as it still is form 2017 :(

I will add, I have heard the coaching staff discussing how versatile Jordan Woods is, with the potential of him maybe even playing DT. While it is great to hear that Woods has been playing so well, it raises a little doubt that we will be seeing both Teair Tart-Spencer and Tayland Humphrey this fall. In my opinion, it doesn't make much sense to take both Fermin Silva and Woods out of the DE spot, if we have Tart-Spencer, Humphrey, Anthony Johnson, Juste, and others already at DT.

They said they would switch Woods to DT situationally, in particular for passing plays; presumably ones where the opponent has a long third down conversion.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:34 am   
Golden Panther

Josh Little (96) played tons last year. Actually, it's kind of weird that he was never added to the online roster. But yes he played a lot.

It doesn't raise doubt, about how Tayland and Teair, it speaks volumes about options and depth.

I expect Juste to play a back up roll, he is very small for a DT. he is not a starting DT, he is very undersized.

Once we learned Silva was beign moved to a more natural position at LB, it opened the DL to major changes.

We will feature a DL that will look like a Top25 DL with depth coming from Juste, Colston, and allot of the young guys.

DT: Anthony Johnson/Juste
DT: Teair/Tayland
DE: Little

Also, don't forget we had two freshman play big minutes and we had two highly regarded freshman redshirt last season too.

Amazing how quick, Butch upgraded this Unit. From historical weakness to potential strength

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:44 am   
Golden Panther

JulesFIU07 wrote:

They said they would switch Woods to DT situationally, in particular for passing plays; presumably ones where the opponent has a long third down conversion.

I can dig that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:48 am   
Golden Panther

chiaPanther wrote:

Josh Little (96) played tons last year. Actually, it's kind of weird that he was never added to the online roster. But yes he played a lot.

It doesn't raise doubt, about how Tayland and Teair, it speaks volumes about options and depth.

I expect Juste to play a back up roll, he is very small for a DT. he is not a starting DT, he is very undersized.

Once we learned Silva was beign moved to a more natural position at LB, it opened the DL to major changes.

We will feature a DL that will look like a Top25 DL with depth coming from Juste, Colston, and allot of the young guys.

DT: Anthony Johnson/Juste
DT: Teair/Tayland
DE: Little

Also, don't forget we had two freshman play big minutes and we had two highly regarded freshman redshirt last season too.

Amazing how quick, Butch upgraded this Unit. From historical weakness to potential strength

Yes, Noah Curtis and Kevin Oliver got a lot of playing time at DE last year. I hope you are right.