It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:55 pm

CUSA television partnerships

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:27 pm   
Cougar

http://www.conferenceusa.com/news/2018/ ... _2018.aspx

Even fewer games on TV, but more on stadium. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:05 pm   
Cougar

Probably not a good deal.

On a side note, one thing that bugs the hell out of me is the production for games aired by FIU. I would gladly pay (which i have) to get all FIU football/basketball and other sports games, if the production quality was somewhat decent i wouldn't hesitate to pay a yearly subscription. Looks very amateurish as it stands right now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:30 pm   
Golden Panther

I thought the Stadium/Facebook broadcasts were excellent. Camera work was fine, the announcers prepared, the sideline reporters actually knew what a football was. Way better than BEIN and all the other off-brand network productions.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:45 pm   
Cougar

Diagodog wrote:
I thought the Stadium/Facebook broadcasts were excellent. Camera work was fine, the announcers prepared, the sideline reporters actually knew what a football was. Way better than BEIN and all the other off-brand network productions.

Agreed. Stadium overall is pretty good. Their tv segments are much more enjoyable than ESPNs crap. Also seeing that schools will get an extra 200k, but thats just rumors. Small potatoes, but better than losing money.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:02 pm   
Golden Panther

I was very unhappy about the Facebook/ Stadium broadcasts at the beginning of last season but, was won over 110%.

Stadium has very polished broadcasts in HD and the reporters made an effort to learn about FIU before the games. They did a great job. I'd screen share with my mac to the tv and had a great, great experience.

There also now Stadium App on the Apple TV which will make it even easier. Our old games are on there too. Rewatched our USTA and Marshall games a few weeks ago.

Only downside is that we miss out on the exposure we get with the casual fans and dihard CFB people who will watch whatever games on ESPN. That was helping build our name recognition.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:52 am   
Golden Panther

I'm disappointed that we don't have more games on national television. After last year being such a good team I thought for sure we'd have at least as many games as last season.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:38 am   
Cougar

FIU Beisbol wrote:
I'm disappointed that we don't have more games on national television. After last year being such a good team I thought for sure we'd have at least as many games as last season.

National television? Which teams did we play, and beat, that would make a casual fan go "wow i need more of this on TV!". We got destroyed by UCF, blown out by FAU, and our bowl game was a $$$$ show. We beat WKU and Marshall, sure, but outside of CUSA, who cares?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:50 am   
Golden Panther

weekend_warrior wrote:
FIU Beisbol wrote:

National television? Which teams did we play, and beat, that would make a casual fan go "wow i need more of this on TV!". We got destroyed by UCF, blown out by FAU, and our bowl game was a $$$$ show. We beat WKU and Marshall, sure, but outside of CUSA, who cares?

I don't give a flying f@*& who we played. We had a team with an 8-4 record. We were a better team than we've had in many years. I'm not saying we are on equal terms with Michigan and Oklahoma, but the MAC plays a lot of games on ESPN and ESPNU, especially Thursday night games. I wish we had that. Because even I watch those games because its the only Thursday night games being played.