It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:29 am

NFL Draft Weekend

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:10 am   
Puma

Hello fellow Panthers.

Wanted to start a thread to talk about our guys possibly getting drafted this weekend.

My guess is we'll see Thomas Owens go first, somewhere in the 4th or 5th round, we have not seen much on him regarding team visits or anything like that but he is highly regarded among experts.

McGough is also pretty much a lock to get drafted, he has visited or worked out for at least 9-10 teams and most people have him going in the 6th round.

Don't know if any of our other seniors have a shot, my guess would be Wint or Pharoah McKever if anything would go very late.

Expect some other guys to get free agent deals (Wint, Treyvon Williams, Julian Williams, Pharoah McKever, Gardner, Bryce Canady).

Would love to hear what everyone else thinks and good luck to all Panthers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:25 pm   
Golden Panther

I agree with your assessments. Also, apparently there will be a draft show tonight on 790 The Ticket at 7pm:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:46 pm   
Golden Panther

I suspect the chief knock on McGough as a potential backup (he has the right size, decent mobility and tools, and four years experience in the pro set) are durability issues. Be nice to see him get a shot, though. And I hope that the fact the kids are now associated with the imprimatur of BD's system may be of some help to them. We'll see. On an entirely different tack, let me just opine that if the Browns had the chance to select God with their first pick tonight, something would go wrong--he'd be on IR by Opening Day, or exposed as having cut a pre-election deal with Satan, or something.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:56 pm   
Cougar

I think Owens is the only player with a shot at being drafted..prob goes 5th or 6th round.

McGough will get a few tryouts but don't think he makes a roster.

The rest will parish

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:29 am   
Puma

Omar Kelly just stated "FIU fans need to calm down, the FIU quarterback is a 7th round practice squad player and that is all."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:47 pm   
Golden Panther

McGough could have started at half the schools in D-1 football. Subtract Matt Moore, add Alex McGough, you'd still be minus 2. Subtract Omar Kelly, add Edwin Pope, your paper would win a Pulitzer.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:33 pm   
Golden Panther

Alex McGough just got drafted by the Seahawks with the 2nd pick in the 7th round!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:37 pm   
Golden Panther

Congrats to Alex McGough.

For 2.5 years I had a love hate relationship with him as our starter.

Removing his true freshman year from the equation.

But he closed his tenure is great style and I wish him the best of luck.

Looking forward to buying a Seahawks McGough Jersey. #MakeTheRoster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:03 am   
Golden Panther

Really happy Mr. McGough is going to get a shot at the big time, albeit in a Matt Moore role. Maybe Omar Kelly could get a job as the backup beat reporter in Seattle.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:12 am   
Golden Panther

McKever signed with the Steelers. I don't see any other FIU players who signed as UDFAs, including T.O., which is pretty surprising.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:30 pm   
Golden Panther

I'm convinced the Miami Dolphins have an allergy to FIU football players. Seriously. They never take any Panther. It's ridiculous.

I can see him making Seattle's practice squad.

I like McKever to the Steelers. They know how to use tight ends.

I'm surprised T.O. didn't get drafted. Or signed after the draft, apparently. You would think he'd have gotten more love than that from scouts.