It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:16 pm

DANGER: Groupthink

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 1:47 pm   
Golden Panther

The death of this message board is GROUPTHINK. Do not forget this!

The board has been DEAD since Blue & Gold Heart, myself, and a few others have stopped posting on this board. All of the remaining posters on this board are either friends, acquaintances, or of the same mind/opinion on just about everything ('groupthinkers)". This board will continue to DIE without other opinions being allowed to be freely shared.

I stopped posting long ago because my posts began being CHANGED without my consent. That's right, changed. As if I lived in communist Cuba and Fidel didn't like what I said.

Why? For no other reason than the moderators of this board simply did not agree with my opinions of the football program and university. I never used derogatory or inflammatory language or violated any rules of this board. The moderators just did not want differing opinions. This is UNACCEPTABLE in any society. I am owed an apology. This could just as easily have happened to you. This is not what our country is all about.

I love this university and want nothing but the best for it. My intent is just to get FIU students, alumni, and faculty to WAKE UP and demand better from our leaders.

For example...

Following the epic, monumental, and embarrassing loss against Louisville in YEAR ONE of former head coach Coach Ron Turner's despicable run as head coach at FIU (in which he asked for a running clock in the 2nd half as confirmed by Louisville's head coach but after the game denied it) several of us knew right then that Ron Turner was NOT the right answer as head coach of our football program. It was plainly obvious.

And yet most of you mocked us. You said we should be patient. You said to stop being negative and stop posting. You said we should not expect more, after all, this is just FIU.

And now...

All of you are thankful for head coach Butch Davis and all that he has done to transform the program. This is all that we wanted. This is all that we KNEW could and should have happened much sooner. Instead, we had to endure FOUR YEARS of Ron Turner's regime.

I hope we can all be friends and share our opinions freely, even if you might not agree with them. It's the only way we will move forward.

Official Name:
State University of Florida at Miami, or
Miami State University of Florida, or
Miami Florida State University

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:26 pm   
Golden Panther

How about we change our name to:

Miami Sweetwater State of Florida International University, Miami Dade.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:49 pm   
Juvenile Panther

Yes, this has occurred to me to (posts would not appear, or would be moved). Also, being chastised by the moderator/moderators on the boards as well as some of the members. We may not all see eye to eye, but, good debate is good for the boards, school and the program.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:04 am   
Golden Panther

I actually like "Miami State" but so much has been invested for so many years that a name change just doesn't seem feasible at this point in our history. I could live with FIU and Miami State being incorporated together in smaller font. 8)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:51 pm   
Golden Panther

Wow, this is.... some post. LOL, for a moment I thought Groupthink was a website.

whatever man... I'm friends with everyone. I don't make enemies.

I root for FIU always. I even opened up an FIU facebook fan page, join if you want. We all knew Turner sucked, so I don't knoe where thats all coming from. Oh, and we are FIU. Sorry, the school's not changing name.

and, I post a lot. I practically keep the baseball page alive LOL

Go Panthers!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:16 pm   
Cougar

We will never be Miami State because we arent in Miami lmao. Focus all this energy on rallying student and alumni support

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:16 pm   
Golden Panther

weekend_warrior wrote:
We will never be Miami State because we arent in Miami lmao. Focus all this energy on rallying student and alumni support

The address of FIU literally lists Miami, FL. But okay.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:24 pm   
Cougar

Building A Dynasty wrote:
weekend_warrior wrote:

The address of FIU literally lists Miami, FL. But okay.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Miami ... 80.1917902

What is "technically" Miami. FIU, according to Wikipedia, is in the "Greater Miami Area". Stupid $$$$, but i am tired of the miami state bs. FSU doesnt have Tallahassee in the name, UNC doesnt have Chapel Hill. Just make the school great. The name is never changing

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:58 pm   
Juvenile Panther

FIU MMC Campus
11200 SW 8th St, Miami, FL 33199

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:02 am   
Golden Panther

That’s a very bold and pompous return post you have going there southpaw. I love your opening demand of being owed an apology. You’ll get nothing and like it.

You gotta be pretty obtuse to come back on this board guns blazing like this and think all is good

Can you please leave again. It was much nicer here without you and your other mongoloid buddy blue and gold

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:13 pm   
Golden Panther

If Mario Cristobal was a step forward, Ron Turner was two steps back.

Good god, I'm just thankful its over.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:33 am   
Puma

Personally, I think its too late for a name change considering how much money the university had invested. I think the State of Florida wanted to have some sort of theme going by the names given to the other state universities. You have keep in mind that FIU is a state university, not a city University (As much it caters to the city).

I think we should look into the Milan teams and maybe embrace the international. Maybe like an "Inter" which could probably create a brand for itself. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:45 am   
Golden Panther

Can we please not start this name change bullish!t again. Its one of the 3 topics he loves to troll us on

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:35 pm   
Juvenile Panther

The Miami brand brings in millions if not billions of dollars into the city and state coffers. Therefore, by branding the school with the city it would link it to the the community, and give FIU an identity and it currently doesn't have outside the city of Sweetwater. Yes, it would take lots of $$, but we will get $$$$ in return.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:30 pm   
Golden Panther

que bola fiu wrote:
Can we please not start this name change bullish!t again. Its one of the 3 topics he loves to troll us on

Agree 100%. Now; about changing back to Sunblazers...