It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:51 pm

FIU Full size authentic Football Helmet for SALE

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:45 am   
Golden Panther

Hey guys, ok, now that I have your attention.

I collect football helmets, authentic and mini helmets. FIU has usually had garbage FIU mini helmets for sale. There are a few online that are ok. I recently bought an FIU mini one from gridiron sports, which is one of the better mini helmets I've ever bought. I spoke to one of the managers about creating a full size helmet. He explained to me the process and said it would be costly because it would be a one time limited run. They would have to create a least 15 helmets and would need to be paid in advance.

I need to talk to FIU about the licensing rights to see how that works with FIU. If FIU can give them authority to create authentic helmets for fans for a limited run then the cost per helmet would be cheaper.

does anyone know who I can talk to regarding this venture?

Also, more importantly, do you think we have enough fans that would pay for an authentic FIU helmet? Gridiron sports gave me a rough estimate of $400 per helmet. Very rough numbers. If FIU can give the licensing rights for this limited run for free that would save money per helmet.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:20 pm   
Golden Panther

(crickets)

Well, I guess that answers my question haha...

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:07 pm   
Golden Panther

LOL. Yeah I am big FIU fan and buy a fair share of FIU paraphernalia but that's pretty steep. I'll stick with my mini helmet for now. If the price was around $199 I would do it. The wife wouldn't be happy on a $400 decoration.

Thanks for looking into it though.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:58 am   
Golden Panther

I believe FIUJM spoke to athletics about old helmets/damaged/out of commission helmets and they told him that's about how much it would cost through school.... 400-600

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:56 am   
Golden Panther

chiaPanther wrote:
I believe FIUJM spoke to athletics about old helmets/damaged/out of commission helmets and they told him that's about how much it would cost through school.... 400-600

So to buy an old or damaged football helmet through the school, it would cost $400-$600? Wow. I thought maybe $240-$300 max.

This company, gridiron, is offering to make a complete full size authentic helmet for $400 or less. Again, all depends on licensing agreement.