It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:58 pm

FAU fan menu

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:09 am   
Cougar

I think we beat the QB topic to death. Can we talk about the relative lack of advertisement from our AD, and how they are making no improvements to the fan experience.

https://twitter.com/FAUAthletics/status ... 5783282689

Theyve hit the nail on the head twice now. With this cheaper food and beee menu, and also with a fixed price all you can drink last year. Meanwhile we have $$$$ hot dogs and an arepa stand.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:32 am   
Golden Panther

The fact that practically every craft brewery in Dade was founded by an FIU alum, or has one as its master brewer should see us partnering up with them for better beer options.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:53 am   
Cougar

JulesFIU07 wrote:
The fact that practically every craft brewery in Dade was founded by an FIU alum, or has one as its master brewer should see us partnering up with them for better beer options.

Key word should. Get wynwood to come in. Hell, lincoln beard is right down the street.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:38 am   
Golden Panther

weekend_warrior wrote:
JulesFIU07 wrote:

Key word should. Get wynwood to come in. Hell, lincoln beard is right down the street.

I am sure there are alums behind food trucks as well. We are Miami's university, let's bring Miami based businesses into the stadium.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:02 am   
Cougar

Amen. Who can we reach out to? Wynwood brewing is always ready for an event and spreading their beers. FIU AD is less receptive.

And people on here always talk about marketing our team, and how to bring in the tailgaters that leave early. What better way to bring in crowds and the tailgaters than good cheap beer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:07 pm   
Golden Panther

weekend_warrior wrote:
Amen. Who can we reach out to? Wynwood brewing is always ready for an event and spreading their beers. FIU AD is less receptive.

And people on here always talk about marketing our team, and how to bring in the tailgaters that leave early. What better way to bring in crowds and the tailgaters than good cheap beer.

And MIA, Tank, J Wake; all helmed by FIU alums.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:14 pm   
Golden Panther

I want to say MIA was sampling at the alumni tailgate... It's a great idea. Lincoln's beard is an obvious choice due to proximity as well.

I've always thought we should copy the beer garden idea that Miami FC uses.

Stadium experience is seriously lacking... and what concerns me is the lack of apparent creativity.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:24 pm   
Site Admin

Miami FC grew its attendance quite nicely during its existence at FIU Stadium. The Beer garden, a lot of concerts, themed nights. THey should really hire the people who do marketing for Miami FC.

RoaryIsMyHomeboy wrote:
I want to say MIA was sampling at the alumni tailgate... It's a great idea. Lincoln's beard is an obvious choice due to proximity as well.

I've always thought we should copy the beer garden idea that Miami FC uses.

Stadium experience is seriously lacking... and what concerns me is the lack of apparent creativity.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:48 am   
Golden Panther

I think we all ought to pledge to write letters that copy some of these very good ideas to people who can actually put them into practice. The Prez, the AD (yes), whatever poor slob who is in charge of concessions for the Athletic Department? The Head Coach (he may not read them but someone would, and he has been front and center on the idea that it might be good to play games in front of actual persons). Just a thought.