It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:37 pm

First Scrimmage today at 9 AM

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:50 am   
Golden Panther

Pantherfan2 wrote:
Why is our coverage for the football team so mediocre? I would love just to have the self promotion and coverage from FIU sources and screw the Herald or any other mainstream media (fake news) but I see FAU running circles around us.

Fake news lol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:28 am   
Golden Panther

For one thing, I am not so sure Walter Vila gets full access to practice or much information beyond the sort of thing that PP packages for official distribution. On the other hand, there is very little critical analysis in the Herald pieces on the University of Coral Gables, but the very fact that there is a substantial piece and sometimes two in every issue might make it seem like substantive coverage. I know that the Canes are ranked in the top ten preseason polls, for instance, but I don't know if any of the reporters who cover them have doubts, or alternatively, think they are a lock to ride high. The only thing that sounds like other than prepackaged BS from their SID has to do with Rosier (purportedly having risen to godlike capability) being backed up by guys you would think by the writing can hardly play the position.

Anyways, we win some key games, there will be more coverage, sort of like it works with attendance.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:41 pm   
Golden Panther

Well, Butch has all scrimmages and practices closed.

So there is minimal information coming out of camp.

I think Scrimmage three already took place.... No more invites to me...
apparently I talked too much on here. :oops: :cry:

So we wait 9 more days!!
Lets hope year two of Butch isn't anything close to Mario's super-secret Oregon of the East offense.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:27 pm   
Golden Panther

pikedanny wrote:
Pantherfan2 wrote:
Why is our coverage for the football team so mediocre? I would love just to have the self promotion and coverage from FIU sources and screw the Herald or any other mainstream media (fake news) but I see FAU running circles around us.

Fake news lol

FIU football likely just doesn't generate the amount of viewers/readers media outlets are looking for. If we are honest with ourselves, the attendance throughout last season was an example of the overall lack of fan support, sadly. I'm sure it will improve as the program does.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:08 pm   
Golden Panther

It's going to take some time to get out of the Ron Turner slumber...

The Dolphins, Canes, and Heat all experience the same challenge in down years.