It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:56 am

FIU playing UM at Marlins Park

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:07 pm   
Golden Panther

https://fiusports.com/news/2019/1/16/fo ... -park.aspx

At least it's not Hard Rock. I'll take it. But, man, that seating chart is fuuuuuuunky.

Interesting to note that FIU, technically, could not host Miami at FIU because of the lack of a second deck at the football stadium. It was written into the contract, apparently. That really screwed the pooch option-wise for FIU, I imagine. Nowhere else to go, really, unless it's Hard Rock, at least until the MLS stadium is built. If it's ever built.

Also interesting to note... no UM representatives at the presser. Kind of odd, really. I would've expected at least one admin type.

FIU better be making more money overall with this move or else it's a total waste of time.

I like that they're making people buy season tickets to get a ticket for the Miami game. Smart move. That alone should guarantee at least 15,000 season tickets for next season. Probably more like 20,000, actually.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:12 pm   
Golden Panther

I am with you, CC, on that clever way to kick up season tickets sales. Now if they would insist that only students who have attended X number of home games prior qualify for the freebies to the insufferable front runner game, this would be quite the triumph. No matter what, the Marlins Park game is going to be a sellout, or close to it, so any draconian measures the admin lays on our student BODY to get them to the other games will not hurt anything.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:35 pm   
Golden Panther

Diagodog wrote:
I am with you, CC, on that clever way to kick up season tickets sales. Now if they would insist that only students who have attended X number of home games prior qualify for the freebies to the insufferable front runner game, this would be quite the triumph. No matter what, the Marlins Park game is going to be a sellout, or close to it, so any draconian measures the admin lays on our student BODY to get them to the other games will not hurt anything.

I agree. I believe students who have attended at least 5 home games prior should be allowed to attend for free. It's the only way students show up to games.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:59 pm   
Golden Panther

After thinking about this a bit last night, I came to this realization. As much as we should play this game at FIU as its our house, the school and athletics needs to take advantage of this golden opportunity presented to them. We know for a fact that a chunk of UCG fans will need to buy our season tickets to be given access to the game tickets thru us (not sure of the amount fiu will allocate to UCG).

This is were it will be very important that we cannot drop the ball this season and really need athletics

-Some of these fans will check out our games unlike the same thing we did for UCF years ago. Most of these fans have an expectation of what a proper game day experience is by going to UCG games. We cannot half ass stuff like we normally do for this season. we have to look professional.
-This is a chance to get a chunk of new season ticket holders if we can have somewhat of a proper product on and off the field. We can get a solid amount that live close to the stadium on days that ucg does not play and think we have a good product.
-concessions need to improve on the south side. either we need to bring the carts back or partner with someone that can handle it. A 15 minute wait during play is unacceptable and shows you don't know what you are doing.
-parking needs to be figured out prior to the start of the season. I can see fiu betting that even though it sold 20k tickets that a good chunk will not show as they just want the ucg ticket, then they magically do show.......and we have no parking plan. we need the fair lot access if we are really planning on having over 16-20k actual people there.
-the ucg game day experience needs to go smoothly. not sure if fiu will be doing it or the marlins park staff. we are already a laughing stock to most of these fans and need to avoid giving them extra ammunition.

We don't get a chance very often like this. We need to be able to execute it properly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:38 pm   
Golden Panther

These are all good points, Que Bola, and I think the best chance of anyone paying any attention would come from you dropping a line CC:ed to Mark Rosenberg, Butch Davis, Jeremy Lamb and Pete Garcia. You are preaching to the choir here on the blog. I intend to write such a letter when I renew my season tickets--polite, to the point, hopeful.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:53 pm   
Juvenile Panther

I like the idea its at Marlins Park, but, will this be home away from home for FIU Athletics? The UCG game is a big game national and locally, we have to come out professional poised and polished.

However, do we know for certain season ticket holders get the the UM match up game as part of the season ticket package or is it considered a separate ticket? The reason for the question last year it was a separate ticket, not part of the season tickets.

Plus, as FIU Football grows in this community and nationally, there are going to other schools that will jump at the chance to play us, this is why we need the cage to be built. Plus, we can generate money for other events, at the stadium with a bigger and better run facility.

P.S. there is a movement, going on in FL College football among some schools, wanting there to be a statewide playoff system, were all Florida teams play each other once or every two years. We could host UCF, USF and of course UM, and maybe FSU and the Gators, ideally at the cage. This would be a good money maker, and we need to jump on promoting this for the future of the FIU.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:06 am   
Golden Panther

Tcarter wrote:
I like the idea its at Marlins Park, but, will this be home away from home for FIU Athletics? The UCG game is a big game national and locally, we have to come out professional poised and polished.

However, do we know for certain season ticket holders get the the UM match up game as part of the season ticket package or is it considered a separate ticket? The reason for the question last year it was a separate ticket, not part of the season tickets.

@Tcarter,
FIU has already emailed all the season tickets holders and informed the that:

1. Season Ticket Purchase/Renewals will be available soon.

2. the UCG ticket is not included in the season ticket package and must be purchased separately.

3. The season ticket prices will remain the same as 2018.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:58 pm   
Puma

I would say, good marketing move from both sides. They can definitely sell the history of the orange bowl and sing a tone that ESPN or whatever network likes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:34 pm   
Golden Panther

The life of the party will be sitting in 207. #section112

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:40 pm   
Golden Panther

FIU wins the game and pots and pans from stadium to Pinolandia ...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:41 pm   
Golden Panther

roary wrote:

I guess it would all depend where Diaz is at the time...

FIU bearing a Top 5 UCG or FIU beating a 4-6 Diaz team desperate for a win and bowl life.

Beat a Top 5 uCG team and we are definitely banging pots and Pans at La Carreta!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:30 am   
Golden Panther

chiaPanther wrote:
roary wrote:

I guess it would all depend where Diaz is at the time...

FIU bearing a Top 5 UCG or FIU beating a 4-6 Diaz team desperate for a win and bowl life.

Beat a Top 5 uCG team and we are definitely banging pots and Pans at La Carreta!

Even if they are 4-6, the win is good optics.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:58 pm   
Juvenile Panther

What's the parking situation going to be like? I've actually never been to Marlins Park.

Does anyone know if we'll have to pay for parking on sight?

Are parking passes available?

Is it better to just Uber/Lyft to the FIU vs UM game?

Thanks and hope everyone affected by Hurricane Dorian is safe

Andrew C.

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:59 pm   
Golden Panther

You'll be able to park in somebody's yard for anywhere between $10 and $20, depending on whether you want to walk 2 blocks or 4 blocks to the stadium (south of the bowl). And there will probably be parking available in the garages $5 premium in advance, $5 less day of game, which means, I think the difference between $25 and $20, but I am not certain on that. I always park in somebody's yard, because it is more like going to the orange bowl and it helps somebody out and it is very safe and it is fun.