PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:00 pm   
Site Admin

phpBB [video]

Ricardo Silva Stadium
Oct. 5 (FRI) 7:00 P.M.
TV: ESPN +
RADIO: AM 790 THE TICKET
LINE: FIU -10

All stories and reports regarding FIU's game against UMass can be posted here. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:20 am   
Cougar

Hello Fellow Panther Fans,
I was prepared to do my own full length evaluation of the La Tech game but so many of you, especially Dynasty, nailed almost all the points I had to make that it might have been redundant to do so. I do want to make two brief observations before moving on to this week. First, we have been uncharacteristically undisciplined this year (with turnovers and penalties) - fixable.
Secondly, our defense was atrocious but some of the younger guys and transfers played well - they need more snaps!
Looking ahead, we need to win the next 5 games in a row before we face FAU. I think/hope it begins with UMass. Our offense looked much better against a good La Tech team (scoring over 30 pts.). IF we can play even a modicum of defense, then we should start a winning streak on Saturday. Let's get J. Turner, A. Jean-Baptiste, D. Reynolds, C. Wittaker, K. Taylor and D. Strickland some significant playing time. They HAVE to be better than some of the "starters" we keep playing. While we are on the subject, let D. Hall and J. Mercier play more!
Finally, we are a BIG favorite - 25 pts. if I'm not mistaken. IF we can begin to put the pieces together, we might be able to salvage something out of this season.
Interested in what y'all have to say as always. FIUPhil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:10 pm   
Golden Panther

MUST WIN game.

Looking forward to another (hopefully) solid offensive performance.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:07 pm   
Golden Panther

Like fiuphil, I’m hoping for a win this week, and hoping we keep improving enough to win tougher games down the road. Go Panthers!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:09 pm   
Golden Panther

I'm not giving up on this team as long as James Morgan is our QB. Hopefully we can start to regain some confidence. If the OL can clean up its act and give him more than a few seconds to throw, we should be able to hang in there with most of our remaining opponents. It would be great if Bryce Singleton is able to play this year. We really need him.

I have given up, however, on seeing Donovan Georges take the field. I just hope Sage Lewis is back at full strength.

Official Name:
State University of Florida at Miami, or
Miami State University of Florida, or
Miami Florida State University

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:11 pm   
Golden Panther

as long as you have a good quarterback, you have a chance. several thousand other factors come into play, but at least there is that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:14 pm   
Golden Panther

if we do not beat the tar out of the University of Massacreuponus, the world is indeed flat.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:03 pm   
Golden Panther

Just win. I don't care how, but just win. This could be the last win of the season if FIU football doesn't get their act together. Offense should pick it up. Defense still worries me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:06 am   
Golden Panther

Apropos of our collective handwringing about Coach's misfires in recruiting and the lack of size/talent on the lines, there is an eye-opening dissection of similar woes at the UM in Thursday's Herald. The article points out that several four star linemen are riding the bench there or were run off by the staff for failure to perform over the past few years. Maybe big fat guys just don't like the weather down here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:27 am   
Golden Panther

Our goal for the remainder of the season should be bowl eligibility. I'm convinced we can begin to claw that path this Saturday.

We've had to re-calibrate our expectations quite a bit... but getting to six wins would be a Herculean victory.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:16 am   
Golden Panther

Recalibration is a good way to put it. And I agree: making 6-6 would be quite the accomplishment. With Morgan under center, there is always a chance.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:52 am   
Golden Panther

Regardless of the outcome against LaTech... it was a nationally televised game that was fun to watch. It just didn't go our way for a lot of reasons we wont rehash.

But as an FIU Football fan since 2005, I'm ok with that. There have been a lot of grueling games and seasons where even I had to admit there wasn't much reason to tune in.

Hopefully Saturday we get to see some more offensive fireworks.

Who from the board is going to be there?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:25 pm   
Golden Panther

Diagodog is going, dragging wife AND two unsuspecting friends for tailgate. Have promised all a resounding win.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:11 pm   
Cougar

FIUPhil and my wife will be there just prior to kickoff. I will be picking her up at 6:oo PM from work and going directly to the game. This is an open invitation to all of you great fans to come by and finally introduce yourselves. We are in Section 112 Row 3. See you there!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:44 am   
Puma

I'll be there with my family and 2 UM fans. All I ask is that we have a fun game to watch. Oh, and a win.