It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:00 pm

New class of 2020 commit: Darius Stokes

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:58 am   
Golden Panther

FIU picked up another commitment over the weekend from Miami Carol City Senior High: Darius Stokes. Stokes' film shows him primarily lined up at the safety spot, but he is a very versatile player, having also lined up at corner and LB. I can see him fitting into the "striker" position, similar to what Richard Dames has played. Like Dames, Stokes is a bit undersized at 5'10", but shows impressive quickness and burst. Stokes is a violent player, with multiple big hits on film. He has been rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN (grade 74). He chose FIU over an offer from Southern Miss.

I will say, none of the coaches have seemed to retweet his commitment tweet, which is odd. What is also odd is that he deleted his original commitment tweet and put it back out the next day. Not sure what the deal is here... Anyway, I'll assume it's legit. Welcome to FIU, Darius!

Film: https://www.hudl.com/profile/10220913/Darius-Stokes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:52 am   
Golden Panther

That's great. Sounds like a player. Come on in and kick butt, Master Stokes.

Now let's hear about an OVERsized commit, or two or six or eight, what do you say, Butch?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:59 am   
Golden Panther

Building A Dynasty wrote:
FIU picked up another commitment over the weekend from Miami Carol City Senior High: Darius Stokes. Stokes' film shows him primarily lined up at the safety spot, but he is a very versatile player, having also lined up at corner and LB. I can see him fitting into the "striker" position, similar to what Richard Dames has played. Like Dames, Stokes is a bit undersized at 5'10", but shows impressive quickness and burst. Stokes is a violent player, with multiple big hits on film. He has been rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN (grade 74). He chose FIU over an offer from Southern Miss.

I will say, none of the coaches have seemed to retweet his commitment tweet, which is odd. What is also odd is that he deleted his original commitment tweet and put it back out the next day. Not sure what the deal is here... Anyway, I'll assume it's legit. Welcome to FIU, Darius!

Film: https://www.hudl.com/profile/10220913/Darius-Stokes

Welcome to FIU, Darius! Darius becomes our 12th known commitment from out database. Impressive highlight film indeed.

Go Panthers!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:38 pm   
Golden Panther

Stokes has now been rated by 247Sports Composite as 3-Stars player with a high .8500 rating.